Good guy or Bad guy?

I play WoW and the general theme is that neither the Alliance nor the Horde are the "bad" guys. Both factions have their own agenda, but neither are portrayed as actually evil. I have a feeling that this is one of the many things that helped WoW achieve its great success.

Now this brings my attention to SW:TOR. Here you will have a blatantly evil playable faction. A firm line drawn between the good guys and bad guys. I wonder how many players will side with the Darkside. What will be the percentage difference between the two factions? And how will this affect the game itself?

So when playing a mmo, what type of faction do you choose when the choices are blatantly good guys vs. bad guys?

ETA: I wanted to make this into a poll, but I'm not seeing that functionality.
    Last edited by Clash the DK; 2011-10-02 at 07:45 AM.

I would play on the Sith side for sure, not gay Republic. There was a thread about this already and i believe more people said Republic.

I'm usually either neutral or good. I try to be evil sometimes, but it just feels.... off.

10+ Year Old Account
    Well Bioware has said that you can be a "good guy" in the Sith or a "bad guy" in the republic. The idea for the former is that you are an average guy just trying to survive if you are not force wielding class, and if you are born talented in using the force under sith rule, your options are become a sith warrior, or die. They also said that you will have the options to make "good" storyline choices as a sith. For the republic, the idea is you are corrupt. Pretty straightforward "good guy gone bad" angle, and again as a republic soldier, you will have "evil" choices in storylines. Don't forget, Bioware, the people who made mass effect and dragon age, the king of the morality system, is making this game. I just wish it had no sub fee. No money for a new PC, WoW and SWTOR =(

---------- Post added 2011-10-02 at 12:58 AM ----------

Totalbiscuit did an interview on this topic with one of SWTOR's devs.