Deleted

Am i allowed to......

So since the EU forums are down, and i got a question i really want answered, i decided to ask the MMO-champion Community

Anyway here's my question

Am i allowed to make a horde char on one account, and a alli on another, and then Farm the Horde toon for HK's as long as i dont bot? and i do all by hand(Iknow its a CRAPPY HK/h, but im'a lvl 9 twink :P That just wants some HK's)

I believe that is illegal.
    Emotional Skyscraper ~ Cosmic Mind

This would fall into the category of kill trading, which is against the TOS, seen a few blue posts on it in the past. It could result in a ban.

It's not illegal, a lot of people use this method to obtain things like the Halaa PvP mounts. The problem is if you are attempting to earn things like honor points or honorable kills, killing the same target multiple times begins to yield DR, making them no longer worth kills/honor to you. Combine that with a rez timer and it is extremely impractical.

As far as the "win trading" clause in the ToU is concerned, I believe this applies only to organized PvP such as BGs and Arenas. I don't think it applies to world PvP, but I suppose I could be wrong (although this would be a completely arbitrary rule).

Quote Originally Posted by Orgrim Doomhammer View Post
    I believe that is illegal.
    I don't think so. Blizzard allows nearly everything if it involves multiple accounts.

And I'm pretty sure that the above method is the only way how people aquire Halaa-PvP-mounts these days.
    Quote Originally Posted by Genganger View Post
    Often I just open the fridge instead of turning the lights on in the kitchen. I like that.

Quote Originally Posted by Pope View Post
    And I'm pretty sure that the above method is the only way how people aquire Halaa-PvP-mounts these days.
    Set up a server-wide event. Post on your realm forums, ask guilds to put it on their calendars. A guy on my server did it about a month ago. Several hundred people showed up, it was amazing.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Pope View Post
    I don't think so. Blizzard allows nearly everything if it involves multiple accounts.
    Multiple accounts which are controlled by a human, be it separate or the same person. That's why multi-boxing is also allowed by blizzard.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Hemotheinsane View Post
    It's not illegal, a lot of people use this method to obtain things like the Halaa PvP mounts. The problem is if you are attempting to earn things like honor points or honorable kills, killing the same target multiple times begins to yield DR, making them no longer worth kills/honor to you. Combine that with a rez timer and it is extremely impractical.

As far as the "win trading" clause in the ToU is concerned, I believe this applies only to organized PvP such as BGs and Arenas. I don't think it applies to world PvP, but I suppose I could be wrong (although this would be a completely arbitrary rule).
    This. It'd take you so long to actually gain enough honor to buy gear. Not only that but why would you ever make a level 9 twink? Twinks are usually made for BG's/Arena (at 70) not for level 9. It's not like you're going to be able to run to any horde/ally low level place and kill anyone as their PvP will be turned off and guards will run at you from miles away.

Oh and:
    Quote Originally Posted by jlopez707 View Post
    Completely off-topic, but I was REALLY curious. Pope, what exactly did you write to troll people with? This is regarding your forum signature.
    Just click on the little blue arrow in the quote, it'll take you to the thread.

15+ Year Old Account
    I don't know why you would want to do that anyway?

A lvl 9 twink? You won't even be able to join BG's? W00T? :P

Deleted
    Totally illegal might.. What the..

Quote Originally Posted by Nerraw View Post
    Set up a server-wide event. Post on your realm forums, ask guilds to put it on their calendars. A guy on my server did it about a month ago. Several hundred people showed up, it was amazing.
    Ugh, too much work for me:

@jlopez:
    I posted in a thread that the mage T13 preview was already available, and I made a screenshot of it. But I had to go get my groceries, and let people hooked for like 20 minutes with the post "I'm gonna post it later."

Needless to say, I posted the picture with the horse head and the pink background.
    (If you click on the blue arrow next to the quote, you get to the thread.)
    Quote Originally Posted by Genganger View Post
    Often I just open the fridge instead of turning the lights on in the kitchen. I like that.

Deleted
    yes, you're allowed to do exactly anything with your two toons as long as you don't break the rules for things you can do with one toon alone, i.e if you want to kill one of your toons a thousand times, go ahead.

disruptive gameplay might get you reported and warned tho (i.e taking a siege engine with your horde toon in tol barad and drive it off to somewhere and not use it while you're trying to win with your ally toon)

there were like what 12 million people playing WoW? Now there's like 5 left, 4 of those are bots in BG's of which Blizz do not give a fuck, so I'd say fuck, farm as much as you want, you'll never get banned.

Im 99% sure u can. Why wouldnt you? As long as u pay for both accounts, everything is fine.

Deleted
    i see one problem with that... you said they are low lvl characters; how are you intending to keep them both in a "honorable range" for kills if you only farm with (let's say) ally with horde...
    and another problem; after a few deaths you get a "cooldown" on ressing yourself

Deleted
    Okay Thanks for all the replies :P

Diminishing returns kicks in at 80 or 100 consecutive kills in world PVP, methinks.

Problem is you will need a same level toon as you for getting full HK.

Anyway, been there done that. :P