Poll: Longer waiting = good or no?

Thread: Longer waiting

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Herald of the Titans Snow White's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    I voted no because from all the footage I've seen, it's ready to ship out now.

Right now everyone is bored of WoW and wanting something fresh and new. I think it would be smart for them to release GW2 before before the hype of the next expansion kicks up again.

Deleted
    It really depends.

If the game is taking more time to be released because they are creating more content and still deciding how some game components (PvE or PvP) will be played, it is always a good thing. The game will be much better so the hype!

If the game is taking more time just because they are fixing bugs that aren't really a big priority, like some weird wall collisions or not game changing bugs, people may lose the interest since nothing new will be announced while waiting for the release.

Polished game: good thing!
    Waiting moths for a game to be released while receiving constant new gameplay info: bearable!
    Waiting moths for a game to be released without any new gameplay info: lose in interest!

After Q1 2012 is too long imo.

I've been waiting about two years for this, i want it now.

I feel that in the case of Guild Wars 2, waiting is something I'm willing to do. We've been promised certain things like WvWvW, X amount of dungeons, a solid attribute system, and pretty much everything else that makes this one of the most immersive MMOs to date. For this, I am willing to wait. When games get rushed out and aren't finished, the players know it and will get quite pissed (FFXIVo, anyone?). However, what I don't want to see are new flashy selling points that haven't been announced/developed yet so that they can delay the release any longer. Even now.. the game is so polished. Oh how I wish that it would ship in 2011, but that is a dream I doubt will come true. 1st or 2nd quarter 2012 (depending on the results of beta testing) seems likely??? I hope.

At the end of the day, I hope that just as I finish maxing out my first character in swtor and then my postman knocks on my door and hands me my GW2 box. I will promptly install GW2, cancel my swtor account, and live happily ever after.

It's annoying, but releasing a game when they in their backhead think of something they wanted to do better is even more annoying for both parts.

The simple answer is to hit perfectly in the middle!

Personally I think the wait is good, even if every day I scream to myself "JUST RELEASE IT I NEED TO PLAY NAAAOOO!!"

Of course, if they wait TOO long I think it'll hurt ANet more than they think.

Quote Originally Posted by Drakhar View Post
    The simple answer is to hit perfectly in the middle!

Personally I think the wait is good, even if every day I scream to myself "JUST RELEASE IT I NEED TO PLAY NAAAOOO!!"

Of course, if they wait TOO long I think it'll hurt ANet more than they think.
    Exactly... I will wait but I reaaaaaaaaaaaallllllllly don't want to

Deleted
    I really want to play it now! If they release it now, with a few bugs, I won't care, if they fix it in some patch. It's better than this waiting.. However, Anet is aware of the fact that when GW2 sucks at the release everyone will quit it and never look back. And that would suck even more.

I voted yes.. Because who would like to play a unfinished game. Like WoW.. That game was released with million bugs in it.. so did rift.. And I hope to god that the bugs and the gameplay will be "flawless" in GW2.. I am very excited about the game and I don't mind waiting for the game at all as long as it's finished when it's released!

10+ Year Old Account
    Rushing the game is as bad for us as it is for the designers , the game will be far better if everything is refined and implemented upon release.
    Also if its rushed then people will probably have problems with parts of the game that would otherwise would have been resolved which will be passed on leading to less purchases , and less money means less content and the designers want to make as much money as possible on release.

Quote Originally Posted by Scummer View Post
    Rushing the game is as bad for us as it is for the designers , the game will be far better if everything is refined and implemented upon release.
    Also if its rushed then people will probably have problems with parts of the game that would otherwise would have been resolved which will be passed on leading to less purchases , and less money means less content and the designers want to make as much money as possible on release.
    I do agree that rushing a game us bad for both us and the designers, but i'd still love to have it right now. Just trying to wait patiently for the beta now.

Deleted
    It's better to wait longer but i don't want to.

Release now, fix later!

Herald of the Titans Snow White's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    "Right now, almost all of the major systems are in the game, playable and working, and we're mostly just iterating on things like how skills unlock."
    - Colin Johansen
    I want to clear up I said from what I've seen, it looks polished and ready.

Anet are perfectionist. I want them to knock it of and give me my game.

Quote Originally Posted by alms1407 View Post
    I voted yes, but it all depends how long we are actually waiting.

Personally, I think we've waited long enough and if Anet came out and said "we'll need another 2 - 3 years before it's ready." I would be really pissed quite frankly.

The more time the developers spend perfecting their game is a positive but if they take too long the hype will die down after a while and people will just move on.
    I think 2-3 years would be a little dramatic because we've seen video's at conventions and to be honest, they're pretty well polished.

That being said! It's been in development for bloody ages, and I wouldn't mind a release date, even if they confirmed a month next year :/

Meh, I think we've waited a long time and don't expect a longer delay *crosses fingers*

Last i heard they were revamping the skills because there was some sort of glitch with a lot of them. I'm at work right now, but i'll try to find where i read that at later.

10+ Year Old Account
    DIII... we waited for how long? I'm rather sure that when the game comes out, everyone will jump on it because the wait time was so long. However as I can see GW II is almost complete. Let them do an open beta then the game should be online for good.

Deleted
    As long as it aint Sw:ToR long. Years and years and years and years of hype is to much and to me personally just makes me scratch it off my 'To Play' list.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Moomurr View Post
    As long as it aint Sw:ToR long. Years and years and years and years of hype is to much and to me personally just makes me scratch it off my 'To Play' list.
    It's been announced and in development since '07. The original expected (player expected, not Anet announced) release date was '09. Waiting is hard...
    Quote Originally Posted by SW:TOR
    Jokerseven - Kinetic Combat Shadow - Praxeum - Canderous Ordo
    Ce'lia - Combat Sentinel - Praxeum - Canderous Ordo
    Sentinel PVE Basics for the two Specs that matter