10+ Year Old Account

[Music] Lost all my music, need to buy more. Need your help looking for music!

Hey guys.. so i got my old laptop stolen and it had all my music to it.. so im making a list of music i gotta re buy. And i need your guys help so i can find some music that i have forgotten OR maybe some i have never heard O.o

So if you gotta any good bands/artists you would like to share, ill go check them out!

I want music i can of coarse have on my ipod but love to have alot of music on my computer while i play games etc.

Im into any sort of Drum and bass/Dubstep, Rock, Metal. I really (no offence) do not like rap/hiphop stuff.. really drives me insane. But other then that ill try watever

Music i have so far on my list (i did create this like 2min ago)

System of a down
    Pendulum
    Muse
    Prodigy
    Slipknot
    Tool
    Fat freddie's drop
    Rammstein
    Skrillex
    Salmonella dub
    POD
    Deadmau5
    Foo Fighters
    Nirvana
    Fat Boy Slim
    Moby
    Stone Sour
    Metallica
    MGMT
    Shapeshifter

Thats all i can remember what i had on my laptop... there were some others but i completely forgot.

So an you guys help anything will be much appreciated. And hopefully it can help others that may be in the same situation or looking for some new music

Cheers guys!

Deleted
    I'm really enjoying Mastodons new album. It's called The Hunter. Some might call it more main stream and that may be justified but it's still a really good listen.

If your into or willing to try a bit of doom then I can't recommend Morne enough. Their album Asylum is one of the best I've heared this year.

At the moment I'm listening to another album by a band called The Atlas Moth. Album name is An Ache For The Distance. So far I'm really liking it but it's my first spin.

I've stuck to more commercially viable stuff. No offence that just seems to be where your tastes lie and thats fine. There's hardly any point me recommending something like Anaal Nathrakh or some super heavy death metal when it probably won't do much for you. If your curious give them a Youtube search. They are great but possibly not your thing. Blackened grindcore isn't a mass appeal genre usually =P

Well if you've already bought a soundtrack you could go to youtube and find the song, copy paste the link on video2mp3.net and download the song, it's all fair and legal since you've bought it once I already I believe, if I'm wrong, disregard all I said.

UNKLE and The chemical brothers close to fatboy slim, they are sort of Electronica music.

How do you loose music :P?

Deleted
    You should go check out the new Anthrax album, it's awesome. I think you would like Disturbed too, you should also check them out.

Can't go wrong with Bon Jovi

10+ Year Old Account
    Can't go wrong with Iron Maiden

Bloodsail Admiral
    10+ Year Old Account
    In addition to making a list of what to buy, I'd look into Spotify if I was you. For that tiny monthly fee you get access to a gigantic library of music, also, if you have an iPhone then you can get the Spotify app (I'm unsure as to whether or not the Android phones have it yet) and access the music on the move.

You can also sync the playlists so they're available offline for when you're not near a Wi-Fi hotspot.

EDIT - Bah for got the tunes.

Tenacious D (F*** YEAHAHAHAHA!)
    Bare Noize
    Skrillex (yeah you already have that on your list but can you ever have enough?)
    Datsik
    Eels
    Jimmy Eat World
    Nero
    Noisia
    Stone Temple Pilots
    That theme tune from 28 Weeks Later since it's quite surreal
    Skylar Grey (She has officially released only 2 songs with just her on it but her upcoming album should be ace)
    Postal Service (Namely 'Such Great Heights')
    Some of the less mental, yet still catchy Gaga songs
    Pendulum
    The Prodigy
    Infected Mushroom
    Creed

If you liked rap we'd have more to talk about but that's some of the other stuff I have.
    Last edited by Skullmaster; 2011-10-02 at 08:05 PM.
    Skullmaster - Slathe - Duat - Tamriel

Absolutely everything happens for a reason - Omnia Causa Fiunt.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Xenocastra View Post
    How do you loose music :P?
    I told you lol

I know it seems you don't like rap, but that's all the more reason to check out Cudi. He's a true artist/poet.

Go to bandcamp.com and search for the type of genre you like, then just listen to all the various artists. A lot of the music on there is free and you'll probably find some artists that you like that most people have never even heard of.

If you like Power-Metal you could look into hammerfall . The new album is pretty good but the olders ones are very good so ye :/.. Also nightwish pre-new singer was pretty awesome.

15+ Year Old Account
    Perhaps
    Rise Against
    Raise against the machine
    3 seconds to mars
    Bullet for my valentine
    Daft punk
    AFI
    Three Days Grace
    Flyleaf
    Paramore
    A day to remember
    These are the ones on the top of my head.

Edit: Atreyu
    Avenged Sevenfold
    Last edited by apepi; 2011-10-02 at 11:48 PM.
    Time...line? Time isn't made out of lines. It is made out of circles. That is why clocks are round. ~ Caboose

10+ Year Old Account
    With what you have listed so far you should probably like any and all of Deftones's stuff

Oldie but goodie, their break out hit from way back when. God I loved them back then.

Last edited by xskarma; 2011-10-02 at 11:49 PM.