15+ Year Old Account

Warrior and Death Knights in PvP - the big difference

Hey all.

I have played DK @ 85 at the start of Cataclysm. Good damage and all, but I hated the cooldowns on the runes. Thats the biggest downside for me regarding playing deathknight when you have to wait for runes to get recharged.

How different are Warriors to Death Knights? I know they get rage pretty quick. But you are a very bad and shitty warrior if you dont stance dance in PvP right?

You get kited A LOT easier as warrior.

DKs can also solo healers easier with Necrotic Strike and slows.

Deleted
    Warriors and DK presure is about the same just that DKs are so fucking hard to peel.

10+ Year Old Account
    Warriors arent in the best position for pvp right now, i still love playing mine though. DKs are more squishy but have decent cds for burst, kiting, and some survivability ones.

Warriors don't stancedance at all anymore. Only when you shield wall basically.

15+ Year Old Account
    So warriors dont stance dance at all anymore? Might reroll one for fun. Maybe they are a bit nerfed atm but well what the hell I have a moonkin as a main atm. and find him quite fun so no biggie.

Quote Originally Posted by TJ View Post
    Warriors arent in the best position for pvp right now, i still love playing mine though. DKs are more squishy but have decent cds for burst, kiting, and some survivability ones.
    Curious how they will be with the new patch and higher Tier weaps?

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ilara View Post
    Warriors don't stancedance at all anymore. Only when you shield wall basically.
    Shieldwall is usable in any stance nowadays though, same as spell reflection. You only need to equip a shield.
    You know what is better than drinking a beer? Brewing your own beer. And then drinking it. And then... Drinking another beer. And then, punching somebody in the snout! That's what!

by "any stance" do you mean battle stance? cuz i doubt theres any other stance...
    ok now seriously spell reflect isnt usable in zerker, also disarm & shield block are def stance only, cant remember anything else out the top of my head because i dont play much recently.
    Last edited by t2r2s; 2011-10-02 at 08:56 PM. Reason: didnt realize i quoted the post directly above mine

try using frost strike, rune strike or DC to get runes back faster.. I couldnt tell you how many DK's I see sitting at 100/100 RP..

Bit offtopic, but I actually prefer RP and runes (energy/focus, for that matter, as well) over rage solely because you can jump into the fight and start smashing buttons and dealing damage at once. On topic, Warriors haven't seen worse times (worse than s5, imo) and if they don't get their mobility and damage back - I don't think we'll see many of them in pvp.

seriously? warriors are pretty solid right now. they do a lot of damage if played right, and lets be honest, they aren't hard to play. grab a pally healer for mobility and you will face roll up to 2.2k in 2s (but 2s is shit and doesn't matter) and grab a feral and face roll to glad. its not hard. id say warriors are the balanced class right now, when you look at frostmages/ferals and rdruids/hunter, warriors are in the middle

Quote Originally Posted by wassonator View Post
    seriously? warriors are pretty solid right now. they do a lot of damage if played right, and lets be honest, they aren't hard to play. grab a pally healer for mobility and you will face roll up to 2.2k in 2s (but 2s is shit and doesn't matter) and grab a feral and face roll to glad. its not hard. id say warriors are the balanced class right now, when you look at frostmages/ferals and rdruids/hunter, warriors are in the middle
    You forgot the part where queues are broke and you get stuck at duelist. DKs are in a better spot than warriors, even if they do have less survivability. There is no reason to roll a warrior when you have a R1 viable comp and several glad viable comps as a dk. (if the mmr system wasn't broke, that is)

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by wassonator View Post
    Not really, to be honest. Warriors aren't horrible, sure, they never have been, but they are in pretty bad shape - they are in the middle but their damage is underwhelming as are their mobility (as always) and survivability. I personally think a warrior critting a MS for about as much as a feral bleed ticks for isn't exactly related to feral damage being overpowered but rather warriors' being extremely lackluster.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Obelodalix View Post
    Not really, to be honest. Warriors aren't horrible, sure, they never have been, but they are in pretty bad shape - they are in the middle but their damage is underwhelming as are their mobility (as always) and survivability. I personally think a warrior critting a MS for about as much as a feral bleed ticks for isn't exactly related to feral damage being overpowered but rather warriors' being extremely lackluster.
    Yeah exactly. Middle of the pack does not make a viable class. Which is why I can't play arms in rated bgs and expect to keep climbing above 2400. The spec does not do stellar damage, does not have any meaningful crowd control, is the most susceptible to CC, has no grip and a low movement speed that makes it easily peeled, and does not have the special snowflake utility that Rogues and DKs bring (Smoke Bomb, NS). If the spec is not good enough to get a spot above 2.2k in a rated BG group that brings 5-6 dps, then its not viable. So for warriors we can only Flag Carry, which is by far the worst pvp in the game, as 90% of it is just standing there waiting.

Ive been playing a DK and benching my warrior lately because of this. Arena is broken, no point in doing it right now with how badly the mmr system is screwed. So playing my warrior means Flag Holding for 20min, Flag moving for 6min, Flag defending for 4min. Playing my DK means getting to be the shot calling damage chart topping bad ass in the middle of the field owning all game long. And come next patch if my warrior is not buffed to be able to fill a dps role in a RBG, im going to play the DK as my main and push for high ratings on it, as being the Flag Carrier, even if its a guaranteed spot for the class, SUCKS.
    Last edited by Korgoth; 2011-10-04 at 01:27 AM.
    "Gamer" is not a bad word. I identify as a gamer. When calling out those who persecute and harass, the word you're looking for is "asshole." @_DonAdams
    When you see someone in a thread making the same canned responses over and over, click their name, click view forum posts, and see if they are a troll. Then don't feed them.

Problem is warriors started cat being op as F@ck and got brought down to mediocre while dk,ferals,frost mage,rogues etc were either left in their op state or buffed. I hope they buff warriors, just not to what hey were in the beginning of cat with awesome mobility, ridiculous burst, and good self healing.

Deleted
    Im trying warr this day, good pressure, good brust, meh mobility, and more tool like disarm, shield block, spell refl, regen ecc
    But your role is the same like others retards plate - stick on the target and nuke him (switch sometimes to fear/throwdown/ummel some1)