Thread: Why all the SI?

Page 1 of 4
... LastLast

Why all the SI?

Its not a troll post, and I'm not knocking on anyone's choice of class, I'm just legitimately confused about the enormous draw of the Sith Inquisitor. Imo they look fun to play, but nothing seems to stand out any more so than any other class. I know shooting lightning is cool and all but is that the main draw of the class? And its not like Palpatine, the class' archetype ever became as popular as Luke, Han, Vader or Boba Fett, I don't know if any kid ever watched Star Wars and decided he wanted to grow up and become that. So please satisfy my curiosity, what prompted you to play SI? Are you a fan of their attacks? Their armor? Is their story just really good? Like I said, they look fun to play but I can't wrap my head around why this class will be getting rolled at least twice as much as the next closest class (according to our MMO Champ poll, I know the gap isn't as wide on the official site.)

Deleted
    Their personal story is quite interesting. It's more about manipulation and subterfuge than the Sith Warriors' brazen rampage.

That being said, I'll be rolling Imperial Agent as my first character, the SI will likely come second.

10+ Year Old Account
    i personally like it because the class is like a shaman rogue and a DK rolled into the assassin spec that AC has some of my fav and most well played classes/specs and im mostly saying on how they are described and info Bioware released about them, and if i get the chance to if duel speccing "ever" gets put in the sorcerer is like a mage warlock and Disc Priest rolled into that AC

i also like how its story plays out as in the slave climbing your way up in the world type deal
    thats why i want to roll one when the game comes out, others have their own but thats mine heh
    Omians- 70 Troll Enhancement shaman, Emerald Dream

Elemental Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    exact;y what the person above me said..

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sighz View Post
    It's a mixture of melee combat and spellcasting, much like an Enhancement Shaman which I played in WoW.
    I'd like to throw a few lightning bolts here and there, but I hate ranged DPS so having a melee class with pewpewbolts fits me.
    ^ Assassin btw.
    I'd have preferred the use of two lightsabers (dual-wielding is awesome) but I'll live with a double-bladed can always roll a Marauder later.
    ya a marauder looks fun but its like, less lightning and shocking and more choking and causing bleeds like a fury/arms warrior, but those specs can be fun to =D

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sighz View Post
    I liked Fury too, not as much as Enhancement though.
    Sith without lightning =
    it was fun but ya, i want more lightning in the mix, i remember the two things that caught my eye , always liked the duel bladed light saber fighting style, but the description of imbuing their light saber with force lightning

was like sweeet shaman,

i think the SI assassin's counterpart in the Republic is more warrior/rogue based i think unlike the assassin's Enh shaman/rogue based, not so much force"magic" dots and more bleeds? im not sure i havent researched it much,

I love thier look, always liked masks/hoods and robes together....thier story looks very interesting too....

Oh and two words KHEM VAL a Jedi eating monstrosity!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Osskssa View Post
    I love thier look, always liked masks/hoods and robes together....thier story looks very interesting too....

Oh and two words KHEM VAL a Jedi eating monstrosity!
    rofl

" Jedi the other other White Meat"

I'm rolling one purely because of the class mechanics and prior gameplay experience as melee dps. Speaking about the Assassin ac of course.
    Last edited by Nev12; 2011-10-02 at 06:13 PM.

Deleted
    I'm making a SI because I want to be a healer and they were the original healers, probably the stronger healers too.

Original healers? in what sense? Sith have hardly been considered ''healers''

Deleted
    Darth Maul + discovering deepest secrets of the force

its most certainly not the story, since most people dont know it yet
    personally I think its because it combines a lot of already known mmo classes

what will rogues roll? assassin
    what will mages roll? sorceror
    what will priests roll? sorceror
    what will locks roll? sorceror
    what will druids roll? sorceror
    thats 5 of wows 10 classes, half of wows classes which people will roll if they want to roll their class again in swtor.
    thats why the inquisitor is immensely popular

From a gameplay perspective, my mains were a warlock and druid, and I wanted a ranged caster/healer hybrid, so that definitely draws me towards the Sorcerer.
    From a story POV, I actually did grow up thinking Palpatine was one of the smartest and most capable Sith.

I like the dark casters in games, it's the closest thing to Warlock. As Ossk said above, masks and hoods ftw. Dark classes such as SI(WoW Warlock, Diablo II Necromancer) usually have some amazing looking armor. Love the idea of dark looking Anti-hero...think Spawn.

Armory("No longer played)

Might one to slow down on the NDA breaking stuff (ie talking about game mechanics etc) before you get infracted

10+ Year Old Account
    Ah, my bad. I'll remove it then.

Edit - Done.
    Last edited by Muya; 2011-10-02 at 08:13 PM.
    Intel i5-2500k @ 4.6GHz 1.36v | Noctua NH-D14 CPU Cooler | ASUS P8P67 Deluxe (Rev 3) | MSI GTX 570 Twin Frozr III
    Corsair AX 850W PSU | Mushkin Blackline 8GB 8-8-8-24 1.5v | Coolermaster HAF 922 | ASUS VH238H 23" LED Monitor
    Crucial m4 256GB SSD

Quote Originally Posted by Osskssa View Post
    Original healers? in what sense? Sith have hardly been considered ''healers''
    Darth Plagueis the Wise would disagree with you

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jaronicity View Post
    Darth Plagueis the Wise would disagree with you
    nice thought but he hasn't been born yet

Still, Plagueis is what they're basing Corruption SIs on. A not-too-shabby mascot for my AC if I do say so myself