Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by GDiamond View Post
    I'm probably naive--- but have any of you ever actually told said girl that you were interested in them romantically while they were single?
    Yup then 2 hours later she was kissing another dude right in front of me...bitch...

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Staccato View Post
    Listen to Krekko. Just listen to him. He know's what he's talking about.

Edit: Should also note I agree with him saying that being handsome is an attitude; If you don't feel like you're handsome, then people will and do not register mentally that you're a handsome person.

I recognize that I'm a handsome man. I'm not hot, when you look at me you don't say "Oh wow I wanna bang that guy." But that's fine. I'm a handsome guy and when I walk with my girlfriend I walk like I'm handsome. When I wake up I wake up like I'm handsome, when I eat dinner, I eat dinner like I'm handsome. I don't let anything deter me from that notion because the only person who can effect you enough to believe is you.

You deserve at the very least to have the minimal confidence to look in the mirror and say "Heh. Yeah, I'm not a model, but I'm handsome. That's fine with me."
    This guy is handsome as f*ck.
    -Retribution, the path of the protector or mender brought to it's natural conclusion; destroying evil before the weak need to be shielded from it, and before it can wound the innocent.
    Fix My DPS | Fix My Heals | Fix My Tanking |

WoW Level Scaling Feature

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by grandpab View Post
    Yup then 2 hours later she was kissing another dude right in front of me...bitch...
    Wow. That's terrible. >_< Sorry you had that experience.

Atleast you dodged that one. Probably wouldn't of been that good of a person to date anyway. =\

Deleted
    i don't car wheter you look ugly or cute, i'm decent imo. Some people call me good, but that's just friends. I don't need a GF though it thinks it cool... but the feeling of being stuck to someone, just destroys it... Dunno what age you're, but be happy not stuck to someone :P

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by ForsakenFrodo View Post
    Just adding this as I've seen it several times now.
    There is no such thing as a friend-zone. Stop it, please!
    Oh dude you have no idea what you are talking about...

The most obvious proof: Think of yourself, I guess you must have at least few female friends. Now aren't they (or most of them) simply "friendzoned"? Even if they look good and otherwise might qualify as GF in your eyes for some reason you don't really think of them that way, they are simply friends. Period. And even if they came at you you would very possibly say something like "cmon we are friends, this, that..."

If you don't have female friends then sucks to be you :P. It's enlightening sometimes.

Yes there is, it's where you like each other but she wants to be with other people and is not ready to be with you and just trails you along while you have to wait for her.

Quote Originally Posted by Staccato View Post
    I'm a handsome guy and when I walk with my girlfriend I walk like I'm handsome. When I wake up I wake up like I'm handsome, when I eat dinner, I eat dinner like I'm handsome.
    Sounds like you try a little hard. A lot of people in this thread have been saying a lot of silly things.

Whether or not you're physically attractive depends on who you ask. People who try hard to fit a mold, like that dude who says you have to "earn" being handsome (wtf?), are pretty much always going to be less likely to appear attractive to someone else. Just be yourself. If someone compliments you, take it for what it is. Being sad that someone called you "cute" instead of "handsome" is like someone complimenting the shirt you're wearing, but all you can do is fret over why they didn't also compliment the pants. It's stupid and just perpetuates your insecurities which will do you a lot more harm with girls than your looks ever could.

I rarely use the word handsome unless my boyfriend is dressed up really nicely for a special event. I don't call anybody I see on the street handsome. Just good-looking or cute. And cute doesn't mean that you're friend-zoned. That's the silliest thing I've ever heard. It just means exactly that, you're cute. Try to dress sharp, and maybe you'll get some handsome comments. =)

Quote Originally Posted by Argroth View Post
    IT'S A TRAP!

Seriously that could lead to many sad situations if you think every girl who calls you cute is interested.
    Well you have to use your judgment, but every girl I got with told me I was cute before things ended up with sex.

10+ Year Old Account
    @OP: Ehm.. i think so. What would be the difference? o.o

And no, cute is not the same as being interested. Although every girl that is interested will call you cute at some point.

Quote Originally Posted by GDiamond View Post
    Wow. That's terrible. >_< Sorry you had that experience.

Atleast you dodged that one. Probably wouldn't of been that good of a person to date anyway. =\
    I should have seen it coming but I was young, blind, stupid, and full of hope.

Quote Originally Posted by Psilo. View Post
    Where im from(Sweden) cute isnt something we call a friendzoned guy, maybe equaling cute to friendzone is a American thing. You dont really care what a friendzoned guy looks like, now do you? you dont spend time pondering it and you defiatelly dont spend time talking about it.
    Ive not heard anyone refer to a guy as "handsome" in a very long time - other than my mother and women her age (baring in mind im no kid, im 30.)
    Only way to know what a woman/girl means by "cute" is by knowing her - time spent pondering and agonizing is time wasted.

Guys are hot, cute and infuriating, a bit depending on what time of the month it is and how long its been since one(man) last pissed you off.
    I'd agree with this post, and I'm the same age as this poster. I really can't see telling a friend I think he's "cute". And I dont think I've ever looked at someone and thought "wow, he's really handsome!" Hot, cute, sexy even, but handsome isn't generally the first word to come to mind.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Thunderbleem View Post
    Sounds like you try a little hard. A lot of people in this thread have been saying a lot of silly things.

Whether or not you're physically attractive depends on who you ask. People who try hard to fit a mold, like that dude who says you have to "earn" being handsome (wtf?), are pretty much always going to be less likely to appear attractive to someone else. Just be yourself. If someone compliments you, take it for what it is. Being sad that someone called you "cute" instead of "handsome" is like someone complimenting the shirt you're wearing, but all you can do is fret over why they didn't also compliment the pants. It's stupid and just perpetuates your insecurities which will do you a lot more harm with girls than your looks ever could.
    Absolutely not.

Being handsome is subjective. To everyone else but yourself. If another girl calls me ugly, or cute, or hot, or handsome I merely smile and say "thank you." Because I don't need anyone to validate the way that I look. It doesn't matter if I were the ugliest guy on the face of this earth; What I think about myself is what counts the most. How you look at yourself is what everyone else will look at you as.

So I walk around confident in my understanding of how I look; It is the reason why I don't think about the way that I look on whether I'm handsome or not -- I know I am.

I'm definitely down with you saying to just be yourself. Being yourself and liking yourself and understand that you yourself are a handsome man before asking anyone else is what distinguishes a 'cute/handsome/hot' guy from an ugly one.

Quote Originally Posted by Krekko View Post
    This guy is handsome as f*ck.
    /brofist
    Last edited by Staccato; 2011-10-02 at 09:22 PM. Reason: added another quote.

Wow that has to be one of the top naive things I have ever heard. That is in no way true, I'm guessing you just havn't experienced it or are the one friend-zoning people and don't want to think of what you are doing.

friend zone is social torture, it exists and is a severe problem in society. Sometimes people can't help it but many times its brought on by ignorance, usually the one friend zoning.

It makes me sad that someone like you could ignore something that is so terrible for some people. Is there no starving children in Africa either? Just because it's not your problem dosn't mean the problem doesn't exist.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Psilo. View Post
    Where im from(Sweden) cute isnt something we call a friendzoned guy, maybe equaling cute to friendzone is a American thing. You dont really care what a friendzoned guy looks like, now do you? you dont spend time pondering it and you defiatelly dont spend time talking about it.
    Ive not heard anyone refer to a guy as "handsome" in a very long time - other than my mother and women her age (baring in mind im no kid, im 30.)
    Only way to know what a woman/girl means by "cute" is by knowing her - time spent pondering and agonizing is time wasted.

Guys are hot, cute and infuriating, a bit depending on what time of the month it is and how long its been since one(man) last pissed you off.

My 67yold mom calls my boyfriends "handsome".
    Ive had a swedish girl call me cute, should i think anything of that? :x

Deleted
    If a girl is a good/best friend you will always feel something in your stomach when she gets a relationship with someone else. Somewhere I don't think we are 'designed' to be platonic to one and another if you're hetero offcourse.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Argroth View Post
    Yes I have but a couple times I was already in the friend zone because they had a boyfriend when I met them and didn't want to be a jackass and "steal her away", besides if the relationship started like that whats to say the same couldn't happen to me? So anyways already being in that horrid friend zone meant she didn't want to break it even when I strongly hinted how much it hurt me. When she finally moved on to another guy who turned out to be a jackass I decided it's not worth the torture to pine after a woman who makes such bad decisions. Unfortunately it seems to be common for the women I meet and I just can't snap my fingers for a bigger selection.
    I see. Thanks for responses. Getting information on personal experiences gives me a different perspective on this.

I would ask my own boyfriend or guy friends, but seems like it would be a strange discussion to bring up and not much variation considering all of us are pretty nerdy and involved in our hobbies. Haha! xD

Stereotypes can be so depressing. If only people would take each person as they come rather than classifying people so much. It might not mean much, but I wish all of you without a "partner in crime" good luck and I hope that the "right" lady comes your way in time.

10+ Year Old Account
    It's all about how you present yourself, and carry yourself. I am a handsome man. I like how I look and people know it. Women know it.
    Level 85 Illithid Mage.

10+ Year Old Account
    Sexy > Hot > Handsome > Cute > Meh > Fugly

Your grade goes up the more drunk your company gets. The more drunk YOU get, your grade goes down. Stay thirsty my friends...

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Merganzer View Post
    It's all about how you present yourself, and carry yourself. I am a handsome man. I like how I look and people know it. Women know it.
    ^ This guy is handsome. ^