Deleted

HC Baleroc Tips, 10man

So, we already spent 2 days wiping on this MF.

We seem to have problems with Tormented and rotating in Shards of Torment.

Our Setup is 3 Melee DPS, 3 Ranged DPS, 3 Healers and 1 Tank:

Ass Rogue
    Ret Pally
    Enh Shamy

Arc Mage
    Affl Warlock
    MM Hunter

Holy Pala
    Disc Priest
    Resto Dr00d

Prot Pala

And two questions: 1) Is it possible that if Baleroc Links A and B, A being affected by Tormented and you happen to be in the middle of the countdown link (A---U---B) you recieve Tormented? 2) Is it desirable to make "hybrid combinations" when rotating on Shards (one ranged one melee)?

In heroic mode, a person who has the torment debuff can spread it to another person if they get too close (I think its 2 yards, but I could be wrong). If player A with torment moves to player B, and he passes by player U too closely, they will get the torment debuff. So you will need good coordination to not spread torment to other people.

As well, my guild found that having a priority list for taking shard damage is better than a set rotation because of this added mechanic. If we had for example players 1-7. The priority list would be 1 > 2 > 3 > 4 > 5 > 6 > 7 with player 1 being first on priority. So we could setup rotations for shards easily on the fly depending on who had torment.

That is just a suggestion, but it seemed to work well for our guild, you just need to be vocal and communicate who can take what shard.

Deleted
    Hi,

I'm french so you might have to excuse me for my english...

So, I have some solutions to give you:

1) You keep your raid composition (6 dps and 3 healers):
    ==>You watch the countdown timer and the next dps who has to soak the cristal go on BEFORE the countdown
    ==>easier, when all your dps have the debuff, one of your healers soak the cristal until your dps are available

2)You do what every guild had to do before the nerf: only two healers and a shadow priest

==> your disc priest has to play shadow
    ==> the first cristal pop, your SP will take it from the begining to the end
    ==> the cristal pop, you cast heroism or blood lust
    ==> one heal keep the tank alive while the other stack like a monster on the SP (our way to procede is simple, the drood switch to tree form and spam retab on the SP, while keeping his lifeblooms on the tank)
    ==> 13 stacks on the SP, your paladin use his aura mastery
    ==> 19 stacks (if 18 your SP will die) your SP use his dispersion*
    (your prot pal can also use his spell which reduce the damage on a target, I don't remember the english name)

==> this way your drood should have almost 100 stack after the first cristal
    ==> after that the drood keep the tank alive all the fight and your pal the soakers (your pal will assist on the tank when there is a decimation blade)

(you can switch pal and drood ofc...)

Bye

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by vynka View Post
    And two questions: 1) Is it possible that if Baleroc Links A and B, A being affected by Tormented and you happen to be in the middle of the countdown link (A---U---B) you recieve Tormented? 2) Is it desirable to make "hybrid combinations" when rotating on Shards (one ranged one melee)?
    1) No, just being in the line formed by the countdown between 2 players does not pass the debuff. However, when you have countdown your range for spreading the debuff is bigger than normal, so people have to be very careful with how they move.

2) It doesn't matter if you use 2 melee, 2 ranged, or some combination thereof. What helps the healers is having a class that can use a CD to alleviate damage taking each shard first, although you don't have a lot of classes who can do that.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by xbasara View Post
    Hi,

I'm french so you might have to excuse me for my english...

So, I have some solutions to give you:

1) You keep your raid composition (6 dps and 3 healers):
    ==>You watch the countdown timer and the next dps who has to soak the cristal go on BEFORE the countdown
    ==>easier, when all your dps have the debuff, one of your healers soak the cristal until your dps are available

2)You do what every guild had to do before the nerf: only two healers and a shadow priest

==> your disc priest has to play shadow
    ==> the first cristal pop, your SP will take it from the begining to the end
    ==> the cristal pop, you cast heroism or blood lust
    ==> one heal keep the tank alive while the other stack like a monster on the SP (our way to procede is simple, the drood switch to tree form and spam retab on the SP, while keeping his lifeblooms on the tank)
    ==> 13 stacks on the SP, your paladin use his aura mastery
    ==> 19 stacks (if 18 your SP will die) your SP use his dispersion*
    (your prot pal can also use his spell which reduce the damage on a target, I don't remember the english name)

==> this way your drood should have almost 100 stack after the first cristal
    ==> after that the drood keep the tank alive all the fight and your pal the soakers (your pal will assist on the tank when there is a decimation blade)

(you can switch pal and drood ofc...)

Bye
    So it is possible to assign healers in a static way, not having them to also rotate on Shards?

@SP: it must be possible killing him without a SP, but we'll try that if we get stuck for longer.

Quote Originally Posted by Italicize View Post
    In heroic mode, a person who has the torment debuff can spread it to another person if they get too close (I think its 2 yards, but I could be wrong). If player A with torment moves to player B, and he passes by player U too closely, they will get the torment debuff. So you will need good coordination to not spread torment to other people.

As well, my guild found that having a priority list for taking shard damage is better than a set rotation because of this added mechanic. If we had for example players 1-7. The priority list would be 1 > 2 > 3 > 4 > 5 > 6 > 7 with player 1 being first on priority. So we could setup rotations for shards easily on the fly depending on who had torment.

That is just a suggestion, but it seemed to work well for our guild, you just need to be vocal and communicate who can take what shard.
    That's Exactly what we have (Prio List) but we seem to find problems with Tormented spreading. The Melee is a whole damn mess.

Quote Originally Posted by Wilderness81 View Post
    1) No, just being in the line formed by the countdown between 2 players does not pass the debuff. However, when you have countdown your range for spreading the debuff is bigger than normal, so people have to be very careful with how they move.

2) It doesn't matter if you use 2 melee, 2 ranged, or some combination thereof. What helps the healers is having a class that can use a CD to alleviate damage taking each shard first, although you don't have a lot of classes who can do that.
    So its desirable to have those who can't soak very well with others that can handle more stacks?
    Last edited by mmoc64d91a2d32; 2011-10-03 at 07:38 AM.

Deleted
    I wrote this out for our kill, we got him 3rd attempt.

To confirm for those of you who still have to do this and read this, we killed it on our third attempt ever using 3 offspecs, 1 being a healer who had never healed Baleroc before, so 1 wipe was due to "what, where are my buffs, how, aargh! -- splot".

Kill log here: http://worldoflogs.com/reports/uelqymm3annb4pge/

Setup:
    Prot warrior - Mirror + Brewfest Dodge (During deci blade)

Disc priest
    Holy paladin
    Resto druid

BM hunter
    Surv hunter
    Boomkin
    Demon lock
    Feral dps
    Fury warrior

Strategy:
    Handling shards: First shard was taken by feral in his normal gear and in catform, told him to pop barkskin + surv instincts on 14 stacks. Our healadin used aura mastery on 20, and our disc priest used suppression or barrier on 18.
    For all other shards I made 2 groups of 3. So, the 2nd shard (and 4th, 6th, 8th) had the warlock and boomkin, swap places on 12-13 stacks (they could stand "next" to eachother since warlock took first and ported away).
    3rd/5th/7th shards were taken by fury and feral, same thing, swap on 12-13 stacks.

Whoever did not have torment took the first one, if neither had torment they went with above rota. The 2 hunters were backup, non-assigned. If a shard came up, I looked at the 2 persons who had to take it and if they had torment, if so I called on vent and ran to it to grab it. If I had torment, I told the other hunter to. Whichever hunter took it first then told who they wanted to take it off them from the original group.

healing: 3-healed. Blew heroism as soon as shard was up, healadin and disc priest spammed the feral shitless with cooldown rota described above, while beacon and resto healed the tank. Tank popped cd on first blades. For second shard, lock/druid took and healing remained the same. Then once that shard vanished the disc and paladin swapped to tankhealing and resto to shard healing - this rotation stays the same. If the resto is tormented (happend twice) one healer would assist on shards, unless decimation blade was up, then dps used a cd. That was all, no one died or came close to dying. I think the pala/disc were on >160 after the first 2 shards which lasted through till the end. 19 seconds left on enrage.

Deleted
    i think 3 healing it on 10man is kinda overkill

have your disc priest go shadow to soak full shards

Deleted
    The greatest plus of 3 healing with 1 tank is that you always have sufficient coverage on shard and tank even if a healer is tormented, or even 2 healers. The enrage really should not be an issue, so why not play it safe?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Serona View Post
    i think 3 healing it on 10man is kinda overkill

have your disc priest go shadow to soak full shards
    No reason not to 3 heal, gives you some added security for decimation blades or if a healer gets tormented.

Deleted
    So it is possible to assign healers in a static way, not having them to also rotate on Shards

That's Exactly what we have (Prio List) but we seem to find problems with Tormented spreading. The Melee is a whole damn mess.
    In my strat our healer NEVER move even when they are link.
    Too many cac is a problem if your cac don't know what a hit box is... But they have to be careful for sure.

Deleted
    In my strat our healer NEVER move even when they are link.
    Too many cac is a problem if your cac don't know what a hit box is... But they have to be careful for sure.
    I assume that cac stands for Cuerpo a Cuerpo, amirite?

Deleted
    Cuerpo a cuerpo isn't french... But yes cac=melee dps. (sorry)

Deleted
    With your setup I would have your ret-paladin soak the first shard by himself to allow the healers to get proper stacks. Just have him glyph Divine Protection and rotate external cooldowns on him and you'll be fine, you have Aura Mastery, Hand of Sacrifice, Pain Suppression, Barrier, Divine Guardian and 3-healers. Actually I'm fairly sure any one of your dps could solo-soak a shard with the amount of cooldowns you guys have.

We usually 2-heal this fight and use 3 soakers on every shard after the first one, thus not needing to heal the soakers at all basically. With both of us having 100+ stacks from the first shard the boss usually dies before we need any more. It really helps to have one person with excellent raid awareness to call out who's soaking and when, make sure that person can see the Tormented debuff on his raid frames as welll.

Deleted
    Cuerpo a cuerpo isn't french... But yes cac=melee dps. (sorry)
    I know, I'm spanish so I came to that conclussion XD

our group just killed this boss a tip would be to have your resto druid go dps since resto druid healz are crap for that fight holy paly and priest are enough. by the time your first healer switches from shards to tank he wants to have around 150 stacks so as to keep the tank alive.

and yes our problem was the spread of the torment this fight dps are going to have to be chattering like crazy if they get linked or some how spread will need back up dps to tak the shard for them

the biggest thing is 2 healing it the extra dps is a big plus and it gives extra back ups for the shard if needed
    sad thing is pre nerf we got him to 1% one time then we did it with nerf and killed him would have been nice to have got it before nerf but thats how it goes lol
    Last edited by Bigcountry11782; 2011-10-03 at 04:41 PM.

no point in doing it with 3 healers

10+ Year Old Account
    So its desirable to have those who can't soak very well with others that can handle more stacks?
    That is the best way to do it, yes. Any 2 classes can soak a shard with one taking 13 and the other taking 12, but squishy classes are hard to heal there and you have to be very precise with getting out since a 14th tick will kill you if you are a squishy class. If you have those types of classes paired with people who have CDs or take less damage then it just makes it easier and smoother. I'd also recommend switching to 3 people rotations later in the fight in order to reduce the strain on healers as the tank damage ramps up. The way we do it we have our SP take the first shard, then 2 people take the next 4. After that we switch to 3 people rotations.

3 healing really isn't necessary, but there shouldn't be problems hitting the enrage with the nerfs and only 5 dps. With 3 healers I'd guess you would never need to switch to 3 person shard rotations since you'll run into trouble if you do. Personally I'd switch your priest to shadow but if you are used to learning it as 3 heals then its certainly doable to kill it that way.

Deleted
    Ok we just killed it yesterday, our Assa Rogue couldn't connect so we tried our brand-new recruited Shadow Priest; it was a close kill (he had lower dps than any of us), enraged with 300k HP left but we could kill him only with 2 casualties (me[ret] and the prot pally).

10+ Year Old Account
    Just make sure that people with tormented debuff will NOT hug other players!