1. #1

    [Movies] The Matrix

    I was just wondering if someone could shed some light for me

    At the end of the third Movie, is it as the Architect predicted, and the Matrix just restarts, new One and machines attack Zion again or is it actually over?

  2. #2
    The Matrix restarts, but this time the humans in it have the conscious choice to leave it for Zion (it was only a subliminal choice before). The machines and Zion have a truce and don't attack each other any more.

    At least i think so. It's been a long time since I saw it last and I haven't followed the online game that expands the canon past that point.
    Higgledy-piggledy Lord Wyman Manderly
    Sups with his foes, leaving Nary a crumb.

    Wolvering wolverenes Incontrovertibly
    Tell all who hearken that Winter is come.

  3. #3
    Epic! Darios's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Uninja'd States of Amerikill
    Posts
    1,629
    I thought we agreed that the third movie never existed...

  4. #4
    It doesnt restart, it stays as it was and the machines will never attack again.

  5. #5
    Dreadlord Teroseth's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Liverpool *shivers* UK *shivers more*
    Posts
    793
    Neo moves onto level three of the game. The people in Zion stay oblivious that they're still in a programed reality, and the machines no longer attack them. The architect and the oracle smile smugly at a rainbow.

    Seriously, think about it. The people who escaped to Zion did so because they couldn't accept the world that the matrix presented to them. They leave, via whatever method, and end up in the "real world" of zion. If you're a machine, would you let them escape and try to mess up your system, or would you allow them to think they've escaped and are heroically fighting back, whilst in reality they're still under your power, in another simulated reality that prevents the breakdown of either?

    To answer the question posed, it's over in that there won't be the need for a new "One", but it still carries on.

  6. #6
    At the end, the architect tells to the oracle ' how long do u think this will last ' he meant peace, and he gave a clue about the machines may attack again in the future...

  7. #7
    Quote Originally Posted by Titancore View Post
    At the end, the architect tells to the oracle ' how long do u think this will last ' he meant peace, and he gave a clue about the machines may attack again in the future...
    So basically, the real world is another "Matrix"

  8. #8
    Bloodsail Admiral Tholl's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Ironforge
    Posts
    1,051
    Here is something that makes ZERO sense in the first movie.

    You NEED to have someone plug you in and out of the Matrix, so how the hell did that bald headed dude who turned on everyone get INTO it solo to meet with Agent Smith?
    We are WARRIORS man! If we can't make it bleed, we will sure as hell dent the f%^ck out of it!

  9. #9
    Dreadlord Teroseth's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Liverpool *shivers* UK *shivers more*
    Posts
    793
    Quote Originally Posted by Tholl View Post
    Here is something that makes ZERO sense in the first movie.

    You NEED to have someone plug you in and out of the Matrix, so how the hell did that bald headed dude who turned on everyone get INTO it solo to meet with Agent Smith?
    The general consensus is that he's just created an avatar of himself to meet with Smith...but I agree, it's a massive plot hole that has to be explained away by fans.

  10. #10
    Herald of the Titans Arganis's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Ruhenheim
    Posts
    2,578
    Quote Originally Posted by JonTargaryen View Post
    The Matrix restarts, but this time the humans in it have the conscious choice to leave it for Zion (it was only a subliminal choice before). The machines and Zion have a truce and don't attack each other any more.

    At least i think so. It's been a long time since I saw it last and I haven't followed the online game that expands the canon past that point.
    This, almost.

    The architect gave Neo the choice in the second movie to accomplish his purpose and chose 6 people with whom to rebuild Zion after the machine wiped it out for the fifth or w/e time, or go save Trinity and crash the entire system, resulting not only in the final obliteration of Zion but the death of every one connect to the Matrix. Neo even calls bluff but the Architect says there are levels of survival they are prepared to meet, deal with.

    In the third though Neo is the only one that can stop the program Smith, so in exchange for his cooperation they halt the massacre of Zion. Once Smith is gone they reset (not restart) the Matrix and because they're suppose to be at peace offer to give the conscious choice to the current Matrix population to leave if they so desire.

  11. #11
    Bloodsail Admiral Tholl's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Ironforge
    Posts
    1,051
    Quote Originally Posted by Teroseth View Post
    The general consensus is that he's just created an avatar of himself to meet with Smith...but I agree, it's a massive plot hole that has to be explained away by fans.
    Ya the thing that does not make any sense about the avatar theory is that he is sitting down for a meal, and talking about what he is tasting. This would lead one to believe that he is actually in the Matrix himself and not using a program to enter for him.

    Big plot hole.
    We are WARRIORS man! If we can't make it bleed, we will sure as hell dent the f%^ck out of it!

  12. #12
    Quote Originally Posted by Tholl View Post
    Ya the thing that does not make any sense about the avatar theory is that he is sitting down for a meal, and talking about what he is tasting. This would lead one to believe that he is actually in the Matrix himself and not using a program to enter for him.

    Big plot hole.
    Yeah, Sipher would need someone to put him in there

  13. #13
    Banned Rageissues's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Corvallis, OR
    Posts
    1,708
    Clearly he just got Neo drunk enough off of what they were drinking to convince him to plug him into the Matrix for 20 mins. Duh...

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •