Windows 7 installation problem

I just finished building a new computer, powered it on and everything seemed to be working fine. I began installing windows, and when it rebooted after it installed, the screen that says "Starting Windows.." gets hung and it blinks, and reboots again. Over and over again. Whaaat is happening?

Are you using a HDMI cable to your screen? What kind of screen are u using? A TV or a PC-Screen?
    It's like we are all Red Jelly Beans in a Jar full of various colors. Every now and then they reach in and get a Red Jelly Bean.
    We know we are in there, we can see the color, we just can't do anything to speed up our being taken out of the jar -- Jelly Beans can't speak.

Deleted
    sounds like a corrupt install.

re-install windows 7 and see if that helps.

*edit*

his monitor displays the windows 7 logo just fine which uses the windows display driver which indicates that there are no issues with his monitor(s).

Deleted
    As adimaya said, reinstall.

EDIT: You could also (I would recommend doing it anyways) update your BIOS. I have solved many of my errors, latest some HDD related problems (it froze all the time)
    Last edited by mmocdf94ea5c8c; 2011-10-03 at 07:57 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by adimaya View Post

His monitor displays the windows 7 logo just fine which uses the windows display driver which indicates that there are no issues with his monitor(s).
    True, yet, it happened more than once before that i got a pc that went into a reboot loop because of the monitor. (even when it showed the Windows Logo)

But as said before, no harm can be done in a fresh reinstallation.
    It's like we are all Red Jelly Beans in a Jar full of various colors. Every now and then they reach in and get a Red Jelly Bean.
    We know we are in there, we can see the color, we just can't do anything to speed up our being taken out of the jar -- Jelly Beans can't speak.

Sure you got enough power?
    Doubt that is the problem, because you could install it, but ussually when your pc blinks and reboots there isn't enough power to boot up your videocard(if it's high end and uses more power then you got left.)

I got it, guys, thanks. I got a little too excited and installed the OS before booting up in ACHI. So I went and changed the BIOS, not knowing what you booted in was what you got. Changed it back to IDE ;( and it works fine now.

Ahhhh, good good. Closure is nice!