Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
1
2
3
LastLast
  1. #21
    Quote Originally Posted by Ultima View Post
    I skipped through the video and only saw him click Smite and Holy Fire. He used Clique/ Mouse-Overs for the rest. I didn't see any meteor backpedaling, quite the opposite in fact.
    which movie did you watch? ;p

    1. archangle on a fight where it doesnt work
    2. clicking smite
    3. clicking holy fire
    4. clicking archangle
    5. clicking SoW
    6. clicking PAINSUP HOW THE FUCK I DONT EVEN AWJEKLAWJEKLAWJEM@J@
    N

  2. #22
    I click divine hymn and hymn of hope 'cause I can't figure out a nice key to put them on... :<<<<

    ---------- Post added 2011-10-03 at 03:30 PM ----------

    amigad, back to the the original topic please!

  3. #23
    Quote Originally Posted by Ultima View Post
    edit: Murron, I'm not enjoying your first posts on these forums. I suggest you read the forum guidelines and then take a look at yourself before posting again.
    Yeah sorry didnt know there was ToS, didnt mean to trol ha, just happens when you play wow for so long.

    I bind just about everything except shadow feind hymn and torrent. To me its just not worth wasting time to remember 3 or more new binds.

  4. #24
    Fluffy Kitten Ultima's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    London, England
    Posts
    3,198
    Quote Originally Posted by Ellesarr View Post
    which movie did you watch? ;p

    1. archangle on a fight where it doesnt work
    2. clicking smite
    3. clicking holy fire
    4. clicking archangle
    5. clicking SoW
    6. clicking PAINSUP HOW THE FUCK I DONT EVEN AWJEKLAWJEKLAWJEM@J@
    I believe you mean that Atonement doesn't work on the fight, Archangel works perfectly. Is it so bad to build up a stack of Evangelism and keep it up with Holy Fire until you want the healing boost?
    I heal in the Arena
    Retired Moderator - Priest and PvP
    You can follow me @UltimaMMO_C

  5. #25
    Personally I don't run an evangelism spec because i rarely atonement heal and really don't care for the 15% healing increase that you constantly have to maintain just to get a small boost. Even though holy fire would keep the stacks up and is efficient enough i believe it diminishes your throughput. If i were to have an evangelism spec it would be for fights i would heal more often with atonement, like halfus or Hmajordomo. I probably would check it out when they increase the range of the healing in the next patch. But thats all my opinion.

  6. #26
    Fluffy Kitten Ultima's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    London, England
    Posts
    3,198
    It's just casting Holy Fire every 20~ seconds. It's not hard to maintain, but if there's too much going on for you, then the SoS spec is always an option.

    What you say would be true if there was constant high damage output, but there isn't. It's lull -> burst -> lull -> burst in the majority of cases.

    I do not use Atonement to heal. I use to do damage during periods of low damage (where others would cast Healing Wave/ Holy Light/ Nourish) and to build up stacks of Evangelism for when a healing boost would be handy.

    edit: http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/tool/tal...YQ!j!UgTQkPlnK

    For reference.
    Last edited by Ultima; 2011-10-03 at 02:15 PM.
    I heal in the Arena
    Retired Moderator - Priest and PvP
    You can follow me @UltimaMMO_C

  7. #27
    Quote Originally Posted by Murron View Post
    LOL there is literally two instant casts you should use.. pws-pom. Renew sucks and unless you glyphed dispel that's not most. Just remember borrowed time grants 14% haste so if you need a large heal cast pws first and then greater heal. Secondary stats are mostly preferential. I prefer mastery and crit for the bonus to shields and divine aegis procs my main heals are pws flash and poh. Others like to spam heal and greater heals they would prefer haste> all.
    The more you cast PW:S, the less valuable haste becomes due to the increased up-time of borrowed time. As for the OPs question I honestly can't answer as I've only done reg. But in reviewing our logs for rag, I've noticed PW:S is 20-30% of my healing, so it seems a no brainer to stack mastery since it scales so well with PW:S.

    I was currently under the haste>mastery>crit school of thought, but I can't help but feel there is a limit where the value of haste falls flat compared to mastery. I honestly think it's because I've found myself using PW:S, and the BT proc is just making up for the lack of haste from gear.

  8. #28
    I do usually run SoS just for the fact that we have a great hpally and and in the down times on rag i usually heal the tanks and get as much absorbs on em so his hps go down..(teehee). I also don't prefer to have desperate prayer over veiled shadows. I don't find my self close to death that often because i rarely get hit by any mechanic. I tend to over observe the fight and it sometimes lowers my throughput, and pro leaps make my day.

    Edit also back to the OP if you are worried about spirit pick up the vendor trinket Fiery Quintessence, it has 383 spirit and a int proc. It isnt optimal but if you start running into mana trouble it should help out a bit and bring you around 2k spirit, instead of 1700 or so. Also do you have the regular teir 12 headpeice. that would be a 255 spirit bonus with a negative of 52 int and 50 or so mastery. Not the best for throughput but better for regen. That is IF you are running oom. Also potions of concentration are nice if you have the time to sit still for 12 seconds.
    Last edited by Murron; 2011-10-03 at 02:36 PM.

  9. #29
    Quote Originally Posted by scandore8472 View Post
    I was currently under the haste>mastery>crit school of thought, but I can't help but feel there is a limit where the value of haste falls flat compared to mastery. I honestly think it's because I've found myself using PW:S, and the BT proc is just making up for the lack of haste from gear.
    Arrr... between BT and the fact that I'm now running with a shadowpriest (ty 5%!), I'm thinking that I can tone down haste, put a bit back into Spirit and the rest into Mastery... that should have me sitting comfortable (no OOM) and efficiently through the fight... :} good food for thought in this thread, so thanks every1

    ---------- Post added 2011-10-03 at 04:49 PM ----------

    Quote Originally Posted by Murron View Post
    Edit also back to the OP if you are worried about spirit pick up the vendor trinket Fiery Quintessence, it has 383 spirit and a int proc. It isnt optimal but if you start running into mana trouble it should help out a bit and bring you around 2k spirit, instead of 1700 or so. Also do you have the regular teir 12 headpeice. that would be a 255 spirit bonus with a negative of 52 int and 50 or so mastery. Not the best for throughput but better for regen. That is IF you are running oom. Also potions of concentration are nice if you have the time to sit still for 12 seconds.
    Thanks, although as I mentioned - I've purposefully reforged out of Spirit, by A LOT (727 or smth) - so I can simply wiggle my reforge #s a bit to get more spirit. I prefer the two +383 int trinkies (jaws & eye) even though the Eye in particular isn't very good... :} (wish I had shard of woe!) I don't have regular head piece, but do have nice +Spirit HC head so that's ok.

  10. #30
    Also Food for thought. Smite spec is pretty usefull When trying to push P3 with only one meteor. Just grab it for the extra damage and the archangel buff. You don't need to grab atonement.

  11. #31
    1. People heal the way its easer or comfortable for them. I don't bind all these stuff (trinkets/HF/Hymns etc.) cause it's much easier to click on these for me, the're close to my raidframes.

    2. Never understood people, complaining or making a laugh at those, who share their experience.

    3. I constantly topped WoL where possible.

    4. Most interesting thing is that people, that disliked the way I heal most, precisely inspected the video for every single click I made)

    5. And yes, I am a fan of AA spec.

  12. #32
    Is Atonement completely broken on HC raggy 'cause of the hit-box? >< I like the idea of picking up AA... but it'd be nice if my smites/holyfire were doing SOMETHING

    xo

  13. #33
    Moderator Yvaelle's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Vancouver, Canada
    Posts
    5,151
    Quote Originally Posted by SensCens View Post
    Is Atonement completely broken on HC raggy 'cause of the hit-box? >< I like the idea of picking up AA... but it'd be nice if my smites/holyfire were doing SOMETHING

    xo
    Atonement is broken on all boss fights because it measures from the center of the boss, which means that the radius for the heal is inside the boss model of just about all bosses in the game - they are going to fix it in 4.3 - but for the moment Atonement in raids is generally a no-no unless its a specific and troubling fight for your guild that your going to customize a spec to AND not a fight on which Atonement is broken (which probably isnt the case for anyone after the nerfs).
    Youtube ~ Yvaelle ~ Twitter

  14. #34
    Legendary! Holo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    In the Shadows
    Posts
    6,288
    You can play the highest level of pve by binding your 5 most-used abilities and clicking the rest... Its exactly what i have been doing the past 3 years and it has always worked fine. Even on Sinestra when it was relevant content..

    Its just a very forgiving envirionment.

    i5-3570k @ 4.4GHz|8GB DDR3 1600MHz|EVGA GTX 670 FTW x2 SLI|Samsung 830 128GB SSD

  15. #35
    Quote Originally Posted by Tihr View Post
    I was felt embarrassed just watching that. You're backpedalling away from meteors, and clicking 90% of your spells? Clearly Rag 10 man isn't hard enough.
    He's linked it just about every thread where Rag is mentioned... it doesn't provide any insight ... the OP is asking napkin math questions, not where do I stand questions

  16. #36
    Quote Originally Posted by arden714 View Post
    He's linked it just about every thread where Rag is mentioned... it doesn't provide any insight ... the OP is asking napkin math questions, not where do I stand questions
    Hehe... napkin math questions... I like that! Well, yes... on the original topic, I looked at the top ranking WoL disc priests for raggy 10HC... Out of three or four, they all had different stats, which should say something... one dude took high HST medium CRT medium MST... another took high SPRT high MST... another had a balance of all three... haha, and they were highest ranking for raggy 10hc....

    So, in the end... I guess like every single Disc stat-debate... it really doesn't freaking matter. ><

  17. #37
    try to be creative and think out of the box

    Archangel + Necromantic Focus
    = Holy Fire + 15% boost healing when need + 440 mastery
    = Helps on Dps, alot of healing and more absorbs


    not all have to be full Archangel build or SoS build

  18. #38
    Quote Originally Posted by SkillOverKill View Post
    Atonement is broken on all boss fights because it measures from the center of the boss, which means that the radius for the heal is inside the boss model of just about all bosses in the game - they are going to fix it in 4.3 - but for the moment Atonement in raids is generally a no-no unless its a specific and troubling fight for your guild that your going to customize a spec to AND not a fight on which Atonement is broken (which probably isnt the case for anyone after the nerfs).
    Attonement isnt broken on all fights. I did 1m dmg to heroic shannox and never let the tank die. The only fight it doesnt really work on is rag.

  19. #39
    C'mon, Atonement is nice for low damage income, the fast and cheap heals produce almost no overhealing and Archangel will give you mana back for the mana you'd spent to get the stack.
    On fights with a rythmic damage pattern I love it. At least, using cooldowns is fun. And Powerangel (PI + AA) does some serious HPS-spikes.

    As for secondary stats: if you roll with a druid you're mostly on tanks, so I would get a sweet amount of haste and a tad more spirit because you will be casting back to back. In order to push HPS I wouldn't stack haste till infinity, but adding crit and mastery - with crit having the edge during tankhealing. If you're on the raid, mastery will take over crit if you use PoH. If you try to preshield magmatraps, mastery will be king.
    Your gear has to fit the spells you use, not otherwise.

  20. #40
    Quote Originally Posted by Tihr View Post
    I was felt embarrassed just watching that. You're backpedalling away from meteors, and clicking 90% of your spells? Clearly Rag 10 man isn't hard enough.
    Because clicking = you automatically fail.

    Because clicking your long CD's makes you fail
    Because clicking your dps moves as a healer matters?
    Because backpedaling when maybe someone's fingers don't essentially work fast enough when paying attention to the raids health is a big deal

    Note - He killed H Rag.

    Your point is invalid.
    Pokemon FC: 4425-2708-3610

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •