Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    Deleted

Blind person playing Zelda OOT

Dont know if it's true, but it is way awsome if it is

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nmmqarQRSSE

I have seen a number of these videos and I don't believe he is blind. Good story, but there are a few points where it made me think he wasn't.

Quote Originally Posted by Sandraudiga View Post
    I have seen a number of these videos and I don't believe he is blind. Good story, but there are a few points where it made me think he wasn't.
    Your opinion is baseless, he's blind.

And what he's doing is incredible and an inspiration to people.

I don't want to be an asshole but I don't really see how that is impressive other than he's using his ears more.

The point is, he never would have been able to beat that game if he hadn't memorized the directions and where he had to go. He didn't really do anything that impressive. It's just like if someone was in front of him saying "okay now go left, now go right, now go up". He already memorized where he would have to go and he's using the different sounds as landmarks.

He isn't do anything extraordinary besides using his memory from hours and hours of someone telling him the directions.

(I'm really not trying to bash a blind guy with this post, that's not my intent, I just feel it's silly that people are acting like this is an amazing feat. I'm sure the blind guy had a lot of fun memorizing this)
    Last edited by vizzle; 2011-10-03 at 12:10 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Xacez View Post

yea i agree, you know how many blind people have been inspired by watching his videos
    This bro told a cool story on 2009-12-03 and proudly took part in the banfest.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by hiimjoe View Post
    yea i agree, you know how many blind people have been inspired by watching his videos
    I c what you did thar.

Anyway, yeah cool, but I don't feel amazed by this, I doubt he's having much fun.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by vizzle View Post
    I don't want to be an asshole but I don't really see how that is impressive other than he's using his ears more.

The point is, he never would have been able to beat that game if he hadn't memorized the directions and where he had to go. He didn't really do anything that impressive. It's just like if someone was in front of him saying "okay now go left, now go right, now go up". He already memorized where he would have to go and he's using the different sounds as landmarks.

He isn't do anything extraordinary besides using his memory from hours and hours of someone telling him the directions.

(I'm really not trying to bash a blind guy with this post, that's not my intent, I just feel it's silly that people are acting like this is an amazing feat. I'm sure the blind guy had a lot of fun memorizing this)
    If he had had memorised the whole game's direction that itself would be a tremendous feat. I challange you to get inside the deku tree blindfolded, you may do the process as many times you like while whatching befor attampting the blindfold so you can "memorise". I doubt you manage it. I can't belive how you dont understand how amazing this is.

---------- Post added 2011-10-03 at 12:37 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Firebane View Post
    I c what you did thar.

Anyway, yeah cool, but I don't feel amazed by this, I doubt he's having much fun.
    Why would only blind people be inspired?
    Maybe not inspired to complete OOT blindfolded but realise things you thought was impossible can be done.
    And blind people can "watch" movies though they will just listening to them.
    Last edited by mmoc410448ef5d; 2011-10-03 at 12:40 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Xacez View Post

He doesn't really have to base his opinion on anything considering that the person who made the claim that he's blind didn't really prove it either.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by vizzle View Post

i realize ur not trying to bash him, however ur still a moron lol....not impressive? not extraordinary? hes fucking blind and using only his ears to do things that alot of people with vision couldnt do, he made it across all those gaps perfectly without hesitation...did i mention hes blind?
    Last edited by gutnbrg; 2011-10-03 at 12:49 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Howdyho View Post
    He doesn't really have to base his opinion on anything considering that the person who made the claim that he's blind didn't really prove it either.
    Now you maybe didnt whatch the videoclip but in related videos it is a part from a documentairy about him wanting to be an engineerer. And by searching his name on google you realise he have a schollarship at colorado university on mechanical engineering.
    Kindof convinced he is blind.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Firebane View Post
    I c what you did thar.

so what part of WEEEEEEEE when he falls down the hole after burning the spider web doesnt sound like fun?

ZOMG HEY LISTEN was for him all this time O.O

its pretty stupid to do something just to prove u can when the whole point of most games is based on visual/audio reactions/appeasement, the visual part > audio. and i thought people who time themselves to have the fastest times with the mundane were bored losers, but this takes the cake.

Don't troll. -3clipse
    Last edited by 3clipse; 2011-10-03 at 02:02 PM.

If he had had memorised the whole game's direction that itself would be a tremendous feat. I challange you to get inside the deku tree blindfolded, you may do the process as many times you like while whatching befor attampting the blindfold so you can "memorise". I doubt you manage it. I can't belive how you dont understand how amazing this is.
    Any mundane task can be accomplished with repetition. I'm not going to play a game a hundred times to memorize every finger movement and every mob location, and memorize every sound effect and every room perfectly just to prove a point.

i realize ur not trying to bash him, however ur still a moron lol....not impressive? not extraordinary? hes fucking blind and using only his ears to do things that alot of people with vision couldnt do, he made it across all those gaps perfectly without hesitation...did i mention hes blind?
    I'm sure if anyone played a game several times over (anyone with a brain at least) he would be able to do things like this.

It's really not as great as you guys are making it out to be. Humans instinctively remember finger movements and sounds, and we associate these with our other senses, the only difference with him is that he's using these landmarks and memories to guide him instead of watching it.

It's like my blind dog. We moved to a new house a few months ago and all she did was bump into chairs and tables and walls. After a month or two, she could run through the house perfectly; she had memorized everything. This isn't any different, but I'm not calling my dog amazing and praising her.
    Last edited by vizzle; 2011-10-03 at 01:22 PM.

Really awesome imo.

I saw a blind kid beat some peoples ass at Tekken Tag a long time ago. It was quite impressive to say the least.

I watched it, was pretty incredible how he managed to do it. Thank goodness for emulators and save states. I really liked how he was able to tell where he was based on the sound of his feet on the ground. Good thing they made their sounds so detailed otherwise he might have problems.

Deleted
    He isn't blind, theres even video where he states how he enjoyed trolling people this way.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Spartakus View Post
    He isn't blind, theres even video where he states how he enjoyed trolling people this way.
    Proof good sir?

Anyway, impressive if true, successful if troll.

Win-Win.

I started looking through his videos and found this:

Now that is almost unbelievable.
    I mostly play fighting games these days.

Quote Originally Posted by Spartakus View Post
    Any proof? There have been a number of articles written about him, he's legit.

http://www.oddworld.com/?p=394

There's an article about him right there.