Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Deleted
    You know, if he is blind, the dude probably played OoT on the N64 a bunch of times, went blind sometime between PS2 and 3DS and is just playing it through now by muscle memory and hardcore fan reflexes!

Quote Originally Posted by hiimjoe View Post
    yea i agree, you know how many blind people have been inspired by watching his videos
    my guess would be 'none'? not too many blind people 'watch' anything....

I think the reason everyone here is bashing what he is doing and trying to say hes either not blind or what hes doing isn't a great feat is just jealous. They are jealous that he can do something they would be unable to do and he can even do some things without vision better than people who have vision can do them. Come on people grow up and realize not everyone out there is a liar and a fake. Hes a great person and I admire the courage and commitment he has to pursue an engineering degree and continue to live a normal life even past his disability.

P.S. Just do some googling... You can easily find out he isn't a fake within 5 minutes.

i read the article, he says "chant orbs make a humming sound so I can tell they are there, the blinking bombs are better done by sound anyway so I am a master at those."

BLINKING BOMBS

how does he know they are blinking??????
    This bro told a cool story on 2009-12-03 and proudly took part in the banfest.

yea i agree, you know how many blind people have been inspired by watching his videos
    LOLLLL "by watching his videos"
    troloolloolll

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sandraudiga View Post
    I have seen a number of these videos and I don't believe he is blind. Good story, but there are a few points where it made me think he wasn't.
    A) You can clearly see (no pun intended) that he is Blind
    B) It is also a well know fact that if you lose one sense, the others become more enhanced - Stevie Wonder is a good example!

---------- Post added 2011-10-04 at 07:10 AM ----------

i read the article, he says "chant orbs make a humming sound so I can tell they are there, the blinking bombs are better done by sound anyway so I am a master at those."

BLINKING BOMBS

how does he know they are blinking??????
    Please tell me you are kidding ... because they SOUND like they are blinking? OR someone told him they blink... sheesh!

Quote Originally Posted by Ashilax View Post
    I think the reason everyone here is bashing what he is doing and trying to say hes either not blind or what hes doing isn't a great feat is just jealous. They are jealous that he can do something they would be unable to do and he can even do some things without vision better than people who have vision can do them. Come on people grow up and realize not everyone out there is a liar and a fake. Hes a great person and I admire the courage and commitment he has to pursue an engineering degree and continue to live a normal life even past his disability.

P.S. Just do some googling... You can easily find out he isn't a fake within 5 minutes.
    :/

Get real. He's playing a video game, and he's using memory and hearing instead of vision. I really don't see why anyone here would be jealous of a blind guy (I'm not bashing him, just saying, I would never be jealous of a person who doesn't have the gift of sight). We have better things to do with our vision then play a children's game dozens and dozens of time until we memorize every crevice of every room and every mob location.
    Why am I back here, I don't even play these games anymore

The problem with the internet is parallel to its greatest achievement: it has given the little man an outlet where he can be heard. Most of the time however, the little man is a little man because he is not worth hearing.

Quote Originally Posted by vizzle View Post

Get real. He's playing a video game, and he's using memory and hearing instead of vision. I really don't see why anyone here would be jealous of a blind guy (I'm not bashing him, just saying, I would never be jealous of a person who doesn't have the gift of sight). We have better things to do with our vision then play a children's game dozens and dozens of time until we memorize every crevice of every room and every mob location.
    I laughed if you truly think OOT is only meant to be played by children. Seriously, why are people bashing him? Get over it, stop throwing your insecurities all over the place, it's pretty sad. Good on him! He picked a classic game to play through.

Any mundane task can be accomplished with repetition. I'm not going to play a game a hundred times to memorize every finger movement and every mob location, and memorize every sound effect and every room perfectly just to prove a point.
    Well, derp. Almost every skill is learned through repetition. Every famous musician, artist, chef, athlete, certainly didn't achieve great results on the their first try. And certainly not every person would be able to repeat those same results through mere repetition. You're disregarding natural talent as a factor.

Quote Originally Posted by Digglett View Post
    I laughed if you truly think OOT is only meant to be played by children. Seriously, why are people bashing him? Get over it, stop throwing your insecurities all over the place, it's pretty sad. Good on him! He picked a classic game to play through.
    its really your insecurities or rather your sympathy for someone handicapped your throwing in everyones face, and trying to justify it by making up some stupid rationale that everyone else is jealous is laughable.

reality is a blind person playing video games is pretty silly, pretty much defeats the whole purpose of how every game is designed on see and react, unless it was specifically made for a blind person based on sounds but Zelda is not that game. if he wants to memorize movements based on sounds, or someone instructions for each sound what to do, completely defeats the purpose of why gaming is fun/enjoyable. its just to show he did it, altho not in the spirit of gaming whatsoever. its like a deaf person listening to music in sign language.

---------- Post added 2011-10-04 at 01:10 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Khaza-R View Post
    Well, derp. Almost every skill is learned through repetition. Every famous musician, artist, chef, athlete, certainly didn't achieve great results on the their first try. And certainly not every person would be able to repeat those same results through mere repetition. You're disregarding natural talent as a factor.

ughh games are designed as visual - reactionary experiences, do u people have common sense? :P i mean thats the basis of almost every single game, and designed that way.
    Last edited by Spurmwhale; 2011-10-04 at 01:11 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Spartakus View Post
    He isn't blind, theres even video where he states how he enjoyed trolling people this way.
    lol why make up some complete bullshit to try to bash a guy trying to make the most out of his disability...how sad is ur life?

---------- Post added 2011-10-04 at 01:24 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Spurmwhale View Post
    its really your insecurities or rather your sympathy for someone handicapped your throwing in everyones face, and trying to justify it by making up some stupid rationale that everyone else is jealous is laughable.

reality is a blind person playing video games is pretty silly, pretty much defeats the whole purpose of how every game is designed on see and react, unless it was specifically made for a blind person based on sounds but Zelda is not that game. if he wants to memorize movements based on sounds, or someone instructions for each sound what to do, completely defeats the purpose of why gaming is fun/enjoyable. its just to show he did it, altho not in the spirit of gaming whatsoever. its like a deaf person listening to music in sign language.

---------- Post added 2011-10-04 at 01:10 PM ----------

ughh games are designed as visual - reactionary experiences, do u people have common sense? :P i mean thats the basis of almost every single game, and designed that way.
    u really think he doesnt enjoy it? hes a fucking gamer at heart, he plays bc he enjoys it...its not like wow where u continue to play just to grind out something u have been going for since vanilla and never got, even tho it kills u to run that dungeon waiting for rng to blow u a kiss one day....he enjoys what he does and it shows in his videos....hes not trying to impress U, get over urself

---------- Post added 2011-10-04 at 01:25 PM ----------

name some of the "better" things u do with ur vision besides fap to a chick you'll never get over the internet every night...

15+ Year Old Account
    This thread has devolved into a flame and troll festival. Closing before it gets anymore volatile.