Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst
    Quote Originally Posted by Renue1 View Post
    I think it was something like a XX% chance to proc of a type of damage i've been digging around and cant seem to find it
    I don't think they ever gave us an actual number on the % chance.

Only thing I have found so far is this http://blue.mmo-champion.com/topic/1...arecgosas-rest

If there is nothing else out there then I was mushing the two thoughts together into one statement in my memory. The way this reads we would have the same proc chance as mages, but with there not being an icd we would proc it more often because there would be more chances for us to get a proc. I'll keep digging though to make sure I am not over looking anything.

Quote Originally Posted by Arlee View Post
    I don't think they ever gave us an actual number on the % chance.

Only thing I have found so far is this http://blue.mmo-champion.com/topic/1...arecgosas-rest

If there is nothing else out there then I was mushing the two thoughts together into one statement in my memory. The way this reads we would have the same proc chance as mages, but with there not being an icd we would proc it more often because there would be more chances for us to get a proc. I'll keep digging though to make sure I am not over looking anything.
    Basically, the design was to make this legendary appeal to any damage dealing caster, without it being of greater benefit to a specific class or spec.

and....

To further ensure the weapon is of interest to warlocks and Shadow priests, the proc has no internal cooldown and the proc chance is adjusted favourably for specs that derive a significant portion of their DPS from pets.

the blue is just stating there is no ICD so it makes dot friendly (seriously if there was an icd that wouldve sucked for dot classes

its been proven that the proc chance is approximately 10% for mage (if any1 know the proc chance for other class let me know please)

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/2973251647
    http://oce.op.gg/summoner/userName=dw+soul+roc in oceanic now Lol

5172-1206-0622 pokemon FC Lets Battle!!

When it comes to Overall Average DPS try this: http://raidbots.com/dpsbot/Overall_D...100/14/60/avg/

Top 100 25m Heroic DPS logs.

So obviously most casters at this level have their staff already. And obviously the dps is increased because of Alysrazor's mechanic. Raids tend to send more Spriests to fly because we dont have any interrupts and our dps scales with haste insanely well. Remove the extra dps we get from Alysrazor and it's pretty close. but its a decent indication that no one class stands out amongst us casters. but one thing is clear is shadow is still very good either way.

But i dont think we can expect this next raid when melee's get buffed because enough of them complained and will get a 10% AP buff. so rogues will be miles ahead.
    Last edited by Sikizim; 2011-10-05 at 05:43 AM.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Soulstrike View Post
    your last part made no sense what so ever more dots = more chance to proc so more damage??
    arcane mage hits harder but once a second = less damage?
    the staff is BIS for every caster so it doesnt matter who gets first

and if you read OP's question he is asking how does the legendary staff work for spriest not compare to other class >_>(going off topic here)

pretty much what this guy said /thread
    Sigh. For starters, I responded to somebody elses post who didn't understand how this was good for Shadow, I quoted that person in the post you quoted from me - so why would I respond to the original poster when I am explicitly responding to a subsequent response - its like you don't understand how forums or even conversations work - you aren't supposed to continually respond to the original statement in a conversation (in case you are also confused about this IRL).

Secondly, the last part of my post makes perfect sense And is correct. Proc chances for classes are balanced around single target fights - the benefit the staff provides to each caster spec is very close to identical for single targets. Except, dot classes don't work that way. An arcane mage who does 30k single target, also does 30k on a multi-dot fight - they gain Nothing from additional target phases. DoT classes scale anywhere from 10-50% more damage based on DoTable targets in the encounter, and the staffs proc chance doesnt instantly lower itself just because more enemies are in combat with you - so the actual benefit from the staff Increases for dot classes depending on the fight, but is Exactly the same for an arc mage on all fights when expressed as a percentage of their total dps. The benefit from the staff is Dynamic (ie. variable, changing) for DoT classes and Static (ie. constant, identical) for Arcane mages (and any caster spec with a reduced dependency on DoTs falls somewhere in between).

The three casters with the highest percentage of their dps from dots is Affliction Locks, Shadowpriests, and Boomkins. Meanwhile the staff is great for Arcane Mages and Elemental Shamans because it builds stacks / procs class mechanics for them - but thats already adjusted into their single target proc chance for the staff - so its Still static. I'm saying this last part because someone is going to jump on the first part claiming I'm saying its best for dot classes - no - its Very good for All casters - but the percentage of casters total dps (the Benefit of the proc) shifts depending on the fight for dot classes, and is static for arcane mages (or similar) on all fights.
    Last edited by Yvaelle; 2011-10-05 at 06:53 AM.
    Youtube ~ Yvaelle ~ Twitter

Quote Originally Posted by SkillOverKill View Post
    Sigh. For starters, I responded to somebody elses post who didn't understand how this was good for Shadow, I quoted that person in the post you quoted from me - so why would I respond to the original poster when I am explicitly responding to a subsequent response - its like you don't understand how forums or even conversations work - you aren't supposed to continually respond to the original statement in a conversation (in case you are also confused about this IRL).

Secondly, the last part of my post makes perfect sense And is correct. Proc chances for classes are balanced around single target fights - the benefit the staff provides to each caster spec is very close to identical for single targets. Except, dot classes don't work that way. An arcane mage who does 30k single target, also does 30k on a multi-dot fight - they gain Nothing from additional target phases. DoT classes scale anywhere from 10-50% more damage based on DoTable targets in the encounter, and the staffs proc chance doesnt instantly lower itself just because more enemies are in combat with you - so the actual benefit from the staff Increases for dot classes depending on the fight, but is Exactly the same for an arc mage on all fights when expressed as a percentage of their total dps. The benefit from the staff is Dynamic (ie. variable, changing) for DoT classes and Static (ie. constant, identical) for Arcane mages (and any caster spec with a reduced dependency on DoTs falls somewhere in between).

The three casters with the highest percentage of their dps from dots is Affliction Locks, Shadowpriests, and Boomkins. Meanwhile the staff is great for Arcane Mages and Elemental Shamans because it builds stacks / procs class mechanics for them - but thats already adjusted into their single target proc chance for the staff - so its Still static. I'm saying this last part because someone is going to jump on the first part claiming I'm saying its best for dot classes - no - its Very good for All casters - but the percentage of casters total dps (the Benefit of the proc) shifts depending on the fight for dot classes, and is static for arcane mages (or similar) on all fights.
    ok multi dotting spriest do more damage i know that -_-

ok let me give you an example:

a spriest do 30k dps on multi dot fight w.o staff, now he will do 33k dps with staff

an arcane mage do 20k dps on multi dot fight(by spamming arcane blast), now he will do 22k dps with staff

i dont know how spriest will suddenly go from 30k to 34k?? its still 10% proc chance even if its multi dotting fight

oh edit: 105 proc chance means its 10% dps gain right?? am i missing something still??

Quote Originally Posted by Soulstrike View Post
    ok multi dotting spriest do more damage i know that -_-

ok let me give you an example:

a spriest do 30k dps on multi dot fight w.o staff, now he will do 33k dps with staff

an arcane mage do 20k dps on multi dot fight(by spamming arcane blast), now he will do 22k dps with staff

i dont know how spriest will suddenly go from 30k to 34k?? its still 10% proc chance even if its multi dotting fight

oh edit: 105 proc chance means its 10% dps gain right?? am i missing something still??

Basically it would be like the shadow priest having 1,000 chances to proc which at a 10% chance would be 100 procs, while the mage would only have 100 chances which would be 10 procs. That's the idea there.

I have no idea what you mean by 105 proc chance means 10% dps gain though....

Quote Originally Posted by Arlee View Post
    Basically it would be like the shadow priest having 1,000 chances to proc which at a 10% chance would be 100 procs, while the mage would only have 100 chances which would be 10 procs. That's the idea there.

I have no idea what you mean by 105 proc chance means 10% dps gain though....
    10%(shift didnt work) chance means 10% dps gain

Quote Originally Posted by Shangalang View Post
    The averages are:
    Affliction: 0.78% DPS increase per 1% proc rate.
    Demonology: 0.69% DPS increase per 1% proc rate.
    Destruction: 0.76% DPS increase per 1% proc rate.

For those of you who don't like percentages, this works out to an average of:
    Affliction: 248 DPS increase per 1% proc rate.
    Demonology: 206 DPS increase per 1% proc rate.
    Destruction: 243 DPS increase per 1% proc rate.

- From another post. And affliction does have the most dots of those 3 specs. So I'd say dots are fine if not better if this means anything.
    The more a spec relies on pets the less the staff benefits it. This has nothing to do with dots.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Rvlzr View Post
    The more a spec relies on pets the less the staff benefits it. This has nothing to do with dots.
    And thats why specs with pets have greater proc rate from staff.