Poll: Do you click or keybind?

Page 1 of 3
LastLast

Keybinds and you

Do you click or keybind?

Keybind it all but potions. If I click my potion I can have a spell instantly behind it. No finger lag time.

I only click my hearthstone :-S

10+ Year Old Account
    I use Razer Naga, I don't need to click anything. Any modifier like shit, CTRL and alt are all bound to my Naga.
    Hell, even my HS is binded.

Why do I bind it all? I got terrible aim, I would suck hard as a clicker. I also suck at FPS games.
    Fog the Proven Assailant
    <The Internet People>
    Stormrage EU
    Stream Twitter WeakAuras - discontinued

I have some buffs and rarely used spells I click, most others are keybound somewhere (though I tend to forget what is where with my alts, results in some pretty amazing screw-ups sometimes...)

-rant removed-

User received an infraction for this post ~ Ultima
    Last edited by Ultima; 2011-10-03 at 12:59 PM.

I bind everything but skills, ports hearth, food, flasks, mounts which i guess it makes it about 50/50...

But in combat about 99%.

Deleted
    @Thelms

Razer naga is amazing and ofc it wont remove the retards that backpedle and such, neither will in your words "normal keybinding" do so your paragraph of how bad razer naga is makes you look way to elitist and a complete retard, imo.

Another one of these topics? Really?

Just use the search function to find the other few thousand topics about this.
    "If you need to add '10char' to be able to post, don't bother posting at all."

10+ Year Old Account
    §QERTSFGZXCV; 1-6-;MMB and the sidebuttons; Ctrl, Shift and Alt modifers and some of my G-buttons for oPie (Logitech G15 v1). The only thing I click is to target.
    Phnglui mglw nafh Cthulhu R'lyeh wgah nagl fhtagn

Deleted
    What I actually do is:

I have my right hand on my mouse with all the movement bound to mouse (I use a 5 button mouse)

http://img.dooyoo.co.uk/GB_EN/100/co...lick-mouse.jpg

Nice and cheap (£6.00 from local store), I run using Mouse Button 1 and 2, turn with mouse obviosuly, and I have side buttons bound to strafe left and right.

I then use :

Q,W,E,R
    A,S,D

Ctrl + 1,2,3,4,5
    Shift + 1,2,3,4,5

For all my skills etc

The way it works is I can click everything with left hand and move with my right hand. Makes life simple

Quote Originally Posted by Thelms View Post
    If you weren't key-binding in 2005, you were new.
    Also...

The first game I remember setting keybinds for was Mechwarrior 2, which came out in 1995. You're 10 years behind, son.

Hybrid player. Always will be.. Click some things, bind some things. I come from a hardcore background of fps games. Its just how I roll. Not for everyone. Neither is keybinding everything...Nor clicking.
    Blaming someone for their play style is pointless. There is no proof of one being better than another. Skill=Skill. You can learn to be great at anything.
    Quite often, the difference between an idiot and a genius is simply a matter of success rate.

I'm half and half a bit.

Deleted
    I consider my hunter my main, and I only raid on him (no pvp at all), so I have more than enough time to click cooldowns like Rapid Fire etc. Still use keybinds for rotational skills and aspect swapping though.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Gilgemesh View Post
    There is no proof of one being better than another. Skill=Skill. You can learn to be great at anything.
    Yeah, right. I'm sure that's what your mum told you, but in the real world... you'll find that's not true. Also, there's no proof? What kind of proof do you need?

Quote Originally Posted by Serago View Post
    Any modifier like shit, CTRL and alt are all bound to my Naga.
    I don't think I have that first one on my keyboard.

I only use modifiers on my healer, because of Clique/Grid. I can't be doing with learning dozens of keybinds when most things are used so rarely I can just click them if really needed...

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gilgemesh View Post
    Hybrid player. Always will be.. Click some things, bind some things. I come from a hardcore background of fps games. Its just how I roll. Not for everyone. Neither is keybinding everything...Nor clicking.
    Blaming someone for their play style is pointless. There is no proof of one being better than another. Skill=Skill. You can learn to be great at anything.
    My take in this is a quote I picked up a while back that really describes what this is all about. "In theory there's no difference between theory and practice, in practice there is."

Using keybinds IS indeed going to up your performance if you do it properly. You can not possibly click and move as efficiently as you would with keybinds, end of story.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lord Gaga View Post
    Mages are balanced. It's just that they aren't balanced for Azeroth.

Quote Originally Posted by gcbirzan View Post
    Yeah, right. I'm sure that's what your mum told you, but in the real world... you'll find that's not true. Also, there's no proof? What kind of proof do you need?
    What kind of proof could one provide? It used to be that the very best race game players in the world used wheels. Wheels or nothing they used to say, but the last 4 or 5 years the biggest winners have all used controllers in stead. This has little to do with keybinds vs mouse in a subject matter manner, but has much to do with play style. While you've clearly made your mind up that you're 100% right and that is nonnegotiable, I have to disagree. I've never ever met a player that was really good and said, that clearly came from his keybinds. It came from his skill at the game. I have no doubt that a player could master either playstyle or a hundred other different ones. I won't draw the line. I also believe nobody can offer definitive proof either way.

Also... why is it that people who make absolutes are mostly the ones that have been on the forums for a total of 10 minutes?
    Last edited by Gilgemesh; 2011-10-03 at 01:10 PM.
    Quite often, the difference between an idiot and a genius is simply a matter of success rate.

My form of clicking and keybinding comes from a mentally engraved mindset of redundancy from the military, if one breaks, you have the other to finish the job.

Doing so, one should be able to use both effectively and efficiently.

As to the clear bias, "Not this shit again..." and I would think most people prefer a good clicker to a bad keybinder on their team anyway.
    "I heard Shadowmourne procs naked ladies..."
    The rapture took my paladin - May 21, 2011
    In a recent online survey, 100% of the population uses the internet.