Kings Bounty fans should try Might and Magic: Clash of Heroes...

I saw this on Steam, was curious so i did some digging, and apparently its a console port that a lot of people were calling addictive and underrated. I read one review that compared it to Kings Bounty which is high praise to me, and they even said it was sort of even with Kings Bounty but different, which pretty much sold me to try it. it was onlly $15~

After playing this game thru the weekend its as addictive as Kings Bounty but in a unorthodox way. while Kings Bounty was grid style turn based strategy with a lot of loot/customizations/troops, Might and Magic:CoH is like a minigame of tetris style troop arranging which gives u special attacks w/ customization in the troops and attacks. its innovative in its own way. it may not sound like Kiings Bounty and isn't exactly, but its addictive in the same way. thats why out of any game i've played i'd say it would cater to the Kings Bounty fan, and i'd think most would think of it as a diamond hidden in the rough.

at some point i can see it getting old, like Kings Bounty has, but its one of those things IMO where u stop playing it, and then start missing it again 4-6 months later, and would keep loaded on your harddrive.

my biggest criticism is the story and production is very elementary - anime like, but it is a indie game so don't expect much there, more than the combat/customization gameplay.

---------- Post added 2011-10-04 at 12:52 PM ----------

i'd just like to reiterate this game is amazing if you like turn based strategy at all. i promise its a gem, no way you can not be addicted to the combat unless you don't like strategy. rarely do i praise a game like this, in fact i'm real critical of most games but all i can think about is combining troops, making walls, and getting new units. i've even figured out more defensive tactics to counter the big units where i thought i knew everything since it seems so basic. just incredibly addictive game. right now i'm at work and just downloaded Steam on my laptop so i can play it :P

don't let the lame graphics or story fool you. its one of those games you can't stop playing....

10+ Year Old Account
    Odd to find this thread. I expected more to see "Hey, you like HMoM? Try King's Bounty!"

Played the original King's Bounty about 17 years ago for the Megadrive. Thought it was an awesome game, and never saw any "King's Bounty 2" growing up, completely missed the entire Might and Magic series that followed it

Found the remake to King's Bounty on Steam a year or so ago, sceptically downloaded the demo and loved it. Looking it all up I found there's an entire series of games I've missed over time, welp >.<

The Heroes franchise apparently got a reboot a couple of years back with V, been meaning to pick it up once I've played through my current list of games, but if you're suggesting it that's +1 on the positive reviews, so thanks!
    Ex-Mod. Technically retired, they just won't let me quit.