GTX 570 versions

Which version of the GTX 570 is the best performer? I am returning a defective 560ti and I recently got a newegg giftcard to spend so I'm going to bump it up to a GTX 570 Games - BF3/Wow/SWTOR. I fold a lot as well. Any suggestions are welcome.
    Last edited by k0smo; 2011-10-03 at 05:26 PM.

Deleted
    EVGA Classified is probably have best out-of-the-box performance.

If you want 2.5gb vram EVGA also has a solution for that. (This will give you a performance boost in bf3, due to the extra vram)

For the best overall performance (Quiest, Cool, Good performing) You wanna go with MSI's version

Yeah I'm leaning towards the Twin Frozr III. The 560TI I am returning was a Twin Frozr III, awesome design, bit loud when the fans are running high though.

Quote Originally Posted by Elizabeth1 View Post
    EVGA Classified is probably have best out-of-the-box performance.

If you want 2.5gb vram EVGA also has a solution for that. (This will give you a performance boost in bf3, due to the extra vram)
    I can confirm that the 2.5 gig versions are VERY nice. I have two of them running in SLI currently. I haven't really pushed them hardcore yet, only through benchmarking, but they have held up against anything I've thrown at them. I was concerned when I got them last month because reviews are just hard to find on these. I wish I had experience with the standard versions to compare against. The only real big issue with them is that they are expensive.

Quote Originally Posted by Bigdunka View Post
    I can confirm that the 2.5 gig versions are VERY nice. I have two of them running in SLI currently. I haven't really pushed them hardcore yet, only through benchmarking, but they have held up against anything I've thrown at them. I was concerned when I got them last month because reviews are just hard to find on these. I wish I had experience with the standard versions to compare against. The only real big issue with them is that they are expensive.
    What PSU are you using to power that? I don't see it listed in your sig.

Quote Originally Posted by Bitlovin View Post
    What PSU are you using to power that? I don't see it listed in your sig.
    CoolerMaster 1000W

Quote Originally Posted by Bigdunka View Post
    Thanks, PS I'm jealous of your overclock.

I have the ASUS GTX 570 DC2 (http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...tem=14-121-432) and am quite happy with it. One thing I noticed when looking around for what GTX 570 to buy, is the reference model from Nvidia uses a 4+2 phase VRM which makes it pretty awful for overclocking. A lot of users were complaining that their cards, even watercooled ones, were shitting the bed at even the slightest voltage increase. Not due to temperature, just the lack of necessary VRMs to handle the extra voltage. The ASUS one I listed has a 6+2, and have been able to get a 100MHz OC out of a .1 voltage increase(stock is 1, so 1.1v), which is the limit you can raise it before doing a BIOS or registry mod for your computer. Also the cooling is amazing. Only problem is it takes up 3 slots and you need a monster case because the sucker is looooooooong

I just checked out the EVGA one and it uses 6+1 VRM which should be suitable for safe overclocking. Never used it or any Twin Frozr type cards so I can't comment beyond that.

One thing I do have to question though, is the need for a 2.5GB card. You only need that much memory when using extremely high resolutions, above 2560x1600, which I doubt most people are. And for a game like BF3, it might be to much of a framerate hit for one 570 to even use that resolution. I just loaded up the BF3 demo which I play at 1920x1080 with 4xAA and 16xAF, and it only takes up 665MB of video memory, only half of what I have. Combine that with the 195MB I'm using with all the other crap I have open, it's still around 400MB less than my total of 1,280MB I have. Even if the rumors are true of the Ultra mode not really being Ultra in the beta, I doubt the final game is going to eat up all my memory or come within 200MB of it. Point is, unless you've got some crazy 3-monitor setup running at an insane resolution, 2.5GB isn't necessary, and any game where one card would use that much memory, you'll still hit a wall with the core/memory clock speeds so it wouldn't even make a difference.

It's been like this every time some card gets a huge memory boost over it's competitors. Like when the first 256MB cards came out... no game used up 128MB unless you set it at a resolution so high the card could hardly handle it anyway, like 15FPS with a 128MB card vs 18FPS with a 256MB card... yeah it was "faster", but no one would consider 18FPS playable for a FPS. Same when the 512MB first came out, then the 1GB ones, and so on. It's useful for maybe 5% of people, and just a marketing gimmick for the other 95%. If you can get one at the same price you can get a 1.28GB card, then sure, go for it, but I wouldn't buy it thinking the extra money is going to make a difference.
    Last edited by Knightsun; 2011-10-03 at 06:38 PM.

I'm kind of surprised that you found the Twin Frozr line to be loud, but you did have a defective card, so who knows. The Twin Frozr cooler is one of the big attraction features on the MSI cards. I find them to be fairly quite in comparison to the reference design, as well as a few others that I've worked with.

As for EVGA, its a solid choice IMO. Just make sure you register it right away. They are really picky about that when it comes to honoring their lifetime warranty.
    Last edited by Dizey; 2011-10-03 at 06:46 PM.

Deleted
    Any gpu is high when the fans hit high levels

Deleted
    I have the "MSI N570GTX Twin Frozr III Power Edition/OC, 1280MB GDDR5, PCI-Express." That one have a switch for the fan's. Performance mode and silent mode. In performance mode u can hear the fan very loud but under silent mode, u hear nothing.

I love it