Thread: Xbox 360 games

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Luciferiuz View Post
    Mirror's Edge, Blur, Dragon Age, Arkham Asylum, From Dust to add some others.
    Take off Arkham Asylum....

And to add: Mirror's Edge is rumored to have a sequel in the following months. ))) Can't friggen wait.

Quote Originally Posted by Helriser View Post
    Take off Arkham Asylum....

And to add: Mirror's Edge is rumored to have a sequel in the following months. ))) Can't friggen wait.
    Take off Arkham? Why? I mean, it was Game of the Year.. that alone should give it some credibility.

That and the fact that it's basically the best superhero game ever made.

Also, take everything you hear about a Mirror's Edge sequel with a grain of salt. Especially if you hear that the sequel will be like Mirror's Edge, considering DICE admitted that Mirror's Edge was too niche and if they were going to make a sequel it would be a lot more mainstream.

Quote Originally Posted by Luciferiuz View Post
    I didn't call him a troll. I didn't attack him. I said the games listed were unimaginative, and since they mainly AAA shooters which have more advertising than most other games combined I think that's a fair call.

And yes, I really do run a game website. And I know people have different tastes. Which, in a very round about way, was kind of my point.

I no longer play WoW either, all I was saying is that he obviously enjoys RPG's or he wouldnt be here so saying "I don't like the other genres" is a little misleading.

When did "unimaginative" become such an insult? I love shooters. And they are generally unimaginative until you introduce an RPG element or very strong customiseability.
    Allow me to demonstrate the general opinion of people reading your posts: cool story, bro.

And I say this because the OP was asking for recommendations of games to play. Somebody added their input and you accused them of either trolling or being unimaginative. When in reality, you shouldn't have even replied because nobody on the forum cares about your opinion of other people's opinion. You also introduce completely irrelevant and nonsensical points such as noting he must like RPGs (which is a fallacious statement), which, once again, completely ignores the original post and instead is a hostile remark towards someone else. Don't be surprised when people react negatively to your posts. You completely deserved it.

On topic:

I pretty much only play Modern Warfare 2, so my recommendation is to just wait for Modern Warfare 3, as well as check out Battlefield 3.
    We'll be right here eating popcorn while you get it in.

Shooter Games.. The Halo series, CoD series (only played campaign on those) and couple others that can't come to my mind atm.. Never tried Gears of War, but i can take my buddies' word that they are awesome. BLACK wasn't so bad for a shooter game, but i believe thats only for Classic XBox. There's Escape from Butcher Bay, however its on Dark Athena's Xbox360 cd since the Classic Xbox Butcher Bay doesn't work on the 360.

Racing Games.. Burnout Revenge, i never bothered with the series before and after Revenge. DiRT series, haven't tried the 3rd DiRT

but in truth, i play more classic hits than i do with current games, such as GTA: San Andreas, NFS: Underground 1 n 2 and Most Wanted and Tony Hawks Underground. Sucky part about the classic Xbox games is that you have to go to a Non-gamestop gaming store like Vintage Stock or whatever gaming/video store is local or Ebay, since Gamestop don't stock "Obsolete consoles" on their shelves anymore.

Quote Originally Posted by Putmalk View Post
    And I say this because the OP was asking for recommendations of games to play. Somebody added their input and you accused them of either trolling or being unimaginative. When in reality, you shouldn't have even replied because nobody on the forum cares about your opinion of other people's opinion. You also introduce completely irrelevant and nonsensical points such as noting he must like RPGs (which is a fallacious statement), which, once again, completely ignores the original post and instead is a hostile remark towards someone else. Don't be surprised when people react negatively to your posts. You completely deserved it.
    I said he was unimaginative. Not aggressive, not particularly offensive although I guess not very nice. He said he didnt like other game genres, which seemed odd as he was on a forum which is mainly about an RPG. Once again, not offensive, not aggressive just pointing things out.

Also, the irony of your wall of text about how "nobody cares about my opinion" while I have literally no concern for yours is palpable.

In short, apologies to anyone who was offended. Maybe I went too far in when all I was trying to do was make sure an even representation of the games on xbox should be presented. This has become apparent to me. I went about things the wrong way. I apologise, I spoke in haste.

But I did nothing aggressive, said things only minimally insulting and clarified my point (and my credibility) several times.

You, on the other hand, seem to be attacking me for no reason besides "I must protect the village of MMO-Champion from this rude monstrosity, accusing others of little imagination". So yeah, good one bro.

On topic:

RAGE comes out this week. I am excite.

You were already warned to keep things civil, and have done nothing to try to do such. Please, there is no need to flame people or to troll. -Seam
    Last edited by seam; 2011-10-04 at 12:11 PM.

It depends a lot on what type of games you like. Concerning exclusives Halo and Gears are musts if you have any interest in shooters. Both have a very different and interesting style.

Other games for 360 that rock but are not exclusive include but are not limited to the following. Assassin's creed series, Devil May Cry 4, (other DMC games are PS2) Mass Effect series and Darksiders.

Ninja Gaiden 2 is a really good game, but only bother with it if you're seriously hardcore into hack and slash action games. The difficulty is worlds away from standard games, and its normal mode feels like the very hard mode of many other games.

Quote Originally Posted by harida View Post
    all the Halos, because they're the best game series ever. [FPS]

CoD Black Ops because who doesn't like killing Nazi Zombies? [FPS]

Guitar Hero's are pretty fun, if u like guitar or music in general.

Burnout games or Forza are pretty decent if you love cars or racing. [Racing]

If you like skateboarding or just watching your character face plant the ground in funny ways Skate is good, i recommend Skate 2 because its the best out of the 3.
    [3rd person Skateboarding]

Sports aren't really my thing, but if you're into sports there Fifa(soccer), Madden(football), NHL(hokey), MBA(Basketball) MLB(Baseball). [Sports]

I can go on forever with good games, but these are my recommendations for someone who just bought an Xbox and wants to know some good games they can get into easy and aren't too difficult to play.
    Ive had BLOPS since release and have only played zombies once and hated it, i hated left4dead, i never got into that zombie shit.

Anyways to OP Play this before the squeal comes out in jan

FINAL FANTASY XIII

Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account
    I did enjoy Eternal Sonata alot! I would definitely recommend that for anyone.

Deleted
    depends what kind of game you want.

FPS - would have to be MW2, though MW3 is coming out soon
    TPS - The gears series are good, have a great storyline too. however i've always found the multiplayer a bit lacking
    RPG - Mass effect games are nice, futuristic. if you want something a bit more oldschool try fable, got that with my xbox years ago and enjoyed it for a while.
    Strategy - Always a bit odd on console but Halo Wars was fun for a bit.

if you like the final fantasy series theres a few games like that. FF12 is there, also Star Ocean (by same company if i recall)
    Red Dead Repemtion is quite a sleek game

Batman: Arkham Asylum/City, Crackdown 1, Gears of War 1-3, Dead Rising 1 & 2, Forza, Blur, Bioshock 1 & 2(& Infinite when it comes out). I didn't recommend any FPS because I assume you have a PC and I didn't recommend any Arcade games.

Half Life 2 - FPS / Action / Adventure / Story

Half life 2, superb game, great story and atmosphere. Is a little old, but has a great story and unique elements, if you don't own this game you can pick it up very cheap from a bargain bin somewhere or from The Orange Box. Highly recommend it.

Saints Row & Saints Row 2 - Third Person / Action / Open World

If you have ever played Grand Theft Auto series, this is pretty much the same, but in my opinion is way kooler and is a lot more fun and has better activities and side things to do then GTA. Personally I wouldn't bother with Saints row, as Saints row 2 is a vast huge improvement from the first game, both can be found very cheap, I highly recommend SR2. Saints row 3 comes out in November, so these 2 will catch you up to the story of the Saints gang.

Elder Scrolls: Oblivion - First or Third Person / Open World / RPG

Amazing game, one of the best RPGs in this decade of games. Has amazing story, amazing gameplay and dialogue, seriously go buy this game if you have not played it before. Hundreds of Hours of gameplay. I highly recommend purchasing Elder Scrolls Oblivion: 5th Anniversary Edition. Not only do you get the game, with all DLC content free, but you get some added bonuses, and also a $10 discount if you purchase Elder Scrolls: Skyrim, which releases in November. Simply too good of a deal.

Fallout 3 / Fallout New Vegas - First or Third Person / Open world / FPSRPG

Another amazing set of games, set in the wastelands after the Nuclear war. Has superb gameplay, amazing graphics, very nice dialogue and story, same as Oblivion, a must buy. I recommend Fallout 3: Game of The Year Edition as it has the base game and all DLC content included. I actually bought it today very cheap, well worth it. Fallout New Vegas is a seperate standalone game very similar to the first, set in New Vegas (Las Vegas) with added improvements over the first game. You can pick it up also relatively cheap, I'd wait till its on sale. You can also get the New Vegas DLC off Xbox live marketplace for MS points, but definitely try Fallout 3 first, as it is cheaper and has loads of content (hours and hours of content).

Torchlight - RPG

Torchlight is a RPG Dungeon style game, very similar to the Diablo series, with a more cartoony WoW feel. It was a PC only game, but is now available on the Xbox live Marketplace for 1200 MS points. If you haven't played the game on PC before, and liked the Diablo series, definitely give this game a look at. I can't vouch on how good it will play on console, but for PC it was loads of fun and a great game with a main storyline and tons of explorable dungeons with tons of loot. If you liked Diablo, give it a look, if not, let it slip by.

Assassins Creed series (AC1, AC2, AC Brotherhood) - Action / Adventure / Story

Great games, with a very unique story. You play as an Assassin in ancient times doing Assassinations and other missions. Start with the first one, and then get the 2nd and then Brotherhood. AC2 and Brotherhood are vast improvements from the original, but the original deserves a mention otherwise you won't get the story. All 3 are relatively cheap, especially AC1. The Story is great and it will surprise you. If you're not into the story, the Assassination missions, and huge open towns to climb on any buildings and do puzzles and side quests alone is worth it, or you can pickpocket people or go kill some guards. Brotherhood also has an average multiplayer.

Borderlands - FPSRPG

Borderlands has a rather unique artstyle, but don't let that scare you off. The game is very entertaining with some very funny and memorable characters. You pick a class, and level up doing quests as you move threw each of the zones. Has a poor story, but the gameplay is superb. There is sooo many weapons in the game it is ridiculous, all with different stats, effects etc. You also get talent trees for each class, to spend points into as you level up, and each class gets a Special they can use. All in all I highly recommend Borderlands: Game of the Year Edition, it has the game and all the DLC included (I think except one DLC that came out after its release). Again, has many hours of gameplay, and is very fun, funny and memorable.

Just Cause 2 - Open World / Third Person

Awesome game, the game takes place on a massive island that can be fully explored. You get a grapple hook that lets you grab onto anything and lunge towards it, and also a Parachute combined with the grapple hook allows easy travel across the island. There are many weapons, vehicles, planes and helicopters, and factions you can work for. Other then the main missions and side objectives, the game has a lot to offer, and is very entertaining. Cheap as well.

Those are my recommendations, I may add more if I can think of others.