Page 1 of 24
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account

Amanda Knox freed

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/44752948...ope/?GT1=43001

The Amanda Knox story has been pretty big for a while over here in America for a while. If you don't know the story, the above article gives a decent synopsis.

Personally, I suspect she was involved, but there wasn't enough evidence to justify a conviction.

Thoughts?

Wouldn't surprise me if it goes on yet another appeal to whatever the highest court is in Italy. At any rate, she definitely ain't gonna be freed anytime soon.

The whole thing was just the media making something into a bigger deal than it really was. I personally never cared for the end result, she's innocent, yay. Now Americans have lost even more reputation in the world, what else is new?

10+ Year Old Account
    she is just as guilty as the dude she was busted with..once again.. the victims get shit on, and criminals get all the breaks.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Shinryu View Post
    At any rate, she definitely ain't gonna be freed anytime soon.
    The judge ordered her freed immediately, so while an appeal may happen, in the mean time she is free.

There was basically NO evidence. She was convicted because an Italian jury wanted to punish a pretty American girl who was acting stupid in their country. It was sad.

She's from my area.

Was kinda a big deal here or something.

So what have we learned in 2011?

If you are a cute girl you can get away with murder. (see also Casey Anthony) and minorities die even when most of the original witnesses retract thier story and say they are innocent.

YAY justice!!!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by kabookiejoez View Post
    she is just as guilty as the dude she was busted with..once again.. the victims get shit on, and criminals get all the breaks.
    If you have any evidence that the prosecution could use, then by all means provide them with it. Based on what they did have, she was found innocent. So your statement is false.
    "Stop being a giant trolling asshole." - Boubouille
    "The Internet is built on complaints about asinine things" - prefect
    "Facts became discussable when critical thinking stopped being the focus of education."- Chonogo
    "Sometimes people confuse "We Don't Understand This Yet" with "Ooga Booga Space Magic" - Chazus

Amanda Knox's family has been working really hard for a long time to free her, and it looks like their efforts have finally borne fruit.

10+ Year Old Account
    Lets try to tone down the blind nationalism/nation bashing.

15+ Year Old Account
    You can use the "pretty girl" excuse all you want, but if you've been watching from the beginning and actually been fucking paying attention rather than reading the latest media hot news, you'd know that the prosecution could NOT prove the evidence was reliable. It was completely shattered.

Stop looking for vindication for Meredith on the first fucking girl that was convicted. Does anyone follow innocent until proven guilty anymore? Guede's DNA was ALL OVER IT. He was a goddamn drifter - Knox lived in the apartment; of course her DNA would be on the items. Not to mention Guede's testimonies were completely inaccurate - he told like 6 different stories.

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sumatran View Post
    So what have we learned in 2011?

If you are a cute girl you can get away with murder. (see also Casey Anthony) and minorities die even when most of the original witnesses retract thier story and say they are innocent.

YAY justice!!!
    Let's get them all for perjuring themselves then instead of making heroes out of them. In Georgia, we don't kill minorities, we kill cop killers.

10+ Year Old Account
    I don't really understand why it was such a big story. Sexual assault and murder, ok. It happens. What made this one so special?

15+ Year Old Account
    Good! I'm glad.

There was NO upholding evidence in this case, none which would tie her to the murder in any true way.

What they had was this

1) Dead Body

2) Her roommate and boyfriend

3) DNA on Knives (guess what, I use Knives all the damn time, and not once was it to murder anyone). They needed to put the blame on someone and so they, wrongfully, did.

They did 2+2 = Amanda Knox. It was easy for them to blame "the American" when they could not find the murderer. This entire trial was built upon a Sandcastle of evidence which crumbled beneath itself.

Today, once again the Judicial system worked out. Thankfully.
    -Retribution, the path of the protector or mender brought to it's natural conclusion; destroying evil before the weak need to be shielded from it, and before it can wound the innocent.
    Fix My DPS | Fix My Heals | Fix My Tanking |

WoW Level Scaling Feature

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaneiac View Post
    Does anyone follow innocent until proven guilty anymore? .
    A lot of european country's law code developed from a guilt until proven innocent philosophy. While most are functionally innocent until proven guilty, it's not as core of an ideal as it is in others.

15+ Year Old Account
    It is a victory for the justice system.
    Convicting people based on very weak evidence would open a Pandora's Box that noone will want to be around to see.

Deleted
    Personally I believe she was guilty, they're picking apart the DNA evidence.

like a person above... Innocent until proven guilty,
    my gut says she's guilty, but if it can't be proven and the country's justice system says she is innocent then she is, unless its ever proven otherwise.

Four years in prison though if she is innocent, ouch.. Court case for damages will probably happen within a few months.
    Last edited by mmocac55b70c5a; 2011-10-03 at 08:55 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    She didn't go free because of the media attention.
    There was a lack of evidence, whether she did it or not, it's unjust to keep her locked up if nothing can be proven.
    "Yeah man, I'll help you with whate- Oh, you have a spider problem? Yeah.... Fuck that."

It's nice to see that she was freed since all the evidence they had on her was laughable.