Thread: Chaos Orbs

Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account

Chaos Orbs

Chaos Orbs in 4.3 will not be souldbound, anyone can roll need, and can be traded.

I don't like that as now I will be rolled against, not only by people with those four profs that actually need them, but I have to hope I out roll everyone?

Should be able to trade but not be rolled on by everybody imo

Deleted
    I have like 50+ over all my chars, but I have to goto heroics to get orbs for crafting 378 boots on my Leatherworker? Yeah, I like this change.

10+ Year Old Account
    NEED is used in the wrong term in your post. You want them just like everybody else does. You WANT them to make other people pay for the orbs so you can craft them something. Nothing wrong with the change.
    Tankadin in Aurora. 6/6HC MSV 6/6HC HOF 3/4HC Terrace 3 days a week (25).

They will most likely make them greed/pass only as with the Frozen Orbs.

Plus, they will be under 50g on the AH anyways.

If the past is any indication, the orbs will be cheap and plentiful.

make the ones people have soulbound still don't reward the greedy buttheads that have been need rolling on them forever just so they would have a ton of them when they became unbound. why should the scumbags be rewarded for being greedy?

Long awaited change. Nice to see it happen.

Deleted
    Awesome change since I have a friend who is BS and he can craft for me the 365 item but he cannot you know why because he is out of the freaking chaos orbs and he has low luck on rolls.
    Been with him on 10 heroics and no of them he won a chaos orb.
    It is getting a real pain.
    They should have made it rollable by everyone so I could go to AH I buy them.
    They are comming to their senses at last.

Quote Originally Posted by Jailescape View Post
    Chaos Orbs in 4.3 will not be souldbound, anyone can roll need, and can be traded.

I don't like that as now I will be rolled against, not only by people with those four profs that actually need them, but I have to hope I out roll everyone?
    You're reading too much. There is no mention to Need rolls, and judging by the experience Blizzard had with Frozen Orbs, I seriously doubt it will have this option enabled.
    Last edited by Buu; 2011-10-03 at 11:48 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by outlaw45 View Post
    make the ones people have soulbound still don't reward the greedy buttheads that have been need rolling on them forever just so they would have a ton of them when they became unbound. why should the scumbags be rewarded for being greedy?
    Just don't buy any the first week. I know it'll be hard to resist, but all the people who are hoarding them will try to get rich quick buy charging all they can. Then they'll start undercutting each other. If you just hold off on buying them, the price will bottom out quickly, then craftables will follow suit.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by outlaw45 View Post
    This is not about being greedy it is about economics.
    I was in a lot of heroics when chaos orb were passed by all since no one could use.
    This change prevents it.
    At last I say.

i just knew it, soon enough chaos orb will be tradeable for last created items
    You will not be forgotten, Eleanor / Steam ID / DeviantArt page / YouTube / Twitter

sweet. now i have a reason to do molten front dailies on my blacksmith

still got 3 siting in my bag, yay, 150g

Quote Originally Posted by Buu View Post
    You're reading too much. There is no mention to Need rolls, and judging by the experience Blizzard had with Frozen Orbs, I seriously doubt it will have this option enabled.
    "We have just made the following change in the PTR:

In 4.3, Chaos Orbs are no longer soulbound! Everyone will be able to roll on new orbs that drop, and any existing chaos orbs will become tradeable."

It doesn't specifically mention Need rolls, but it seems odd to mention it at all if that's not what they mean.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by 7seti View Post
    "We have just made the following change in the PTR:

In 4.3, Chaos Orbs are no longer soulbound! Everyone will be able to roll on new orbs that drop, and any existing chaos orbs will become tradeable."

It doesn't specifically mention Need rolls, but it seems odd to mention it at all if that's not what they mean.
    Not everyone can roll now. That's being changed, so it deserved mention. It doesn't say how the roll system will work though (if anyone can need, if only those who can need now can need and everyone else can greed, if everyone can only greed like with Frozen Orbs, etc.), so it's unwise to jump to any conclusions based on that.

10+ Year Old Account
    If you hit the train tracks you've gone to far.
    Hopefully they add in a vendor like they did in Wrath I have a TON of orbs over a handful of characters and not a whole lot of things I use them on, last I checked the patterns didn't require Chaos Orbs? I might be mistaken an any case I'd still want that vendor.

10+ Year Old Account
    so far in the PTR, the Orbs are still soulbound.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jailescape View Post

If you lose the roll, buy it on the AH.
    Putin khuliyo