Shouldn't I be able to switch directly from form-to-form?

Hey folks, new druid here. I recall in the relatively recent past a change was made that allowed druids to shift from form to form (travel to bear, etc.) rather than form to caster to form (travel to caster to bear). I don't seem to be able to do this. Was this a change that did not make it live? Or am I just having problems for some other reason? Any suggestions anyone can make would be appreciated.

are you trying to macro it or something. I have no issues switching form to form

you used to be able to do that. They changed it to what it is not if I remember. I played a druid in Vanilla and BC not in wrath or cata

only thing i can think of is high latency... otherwise your character should be able to go from form to form smoothly
    Oh yes, there is a method to my madness O.o
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    We generally consider 0 / 0 / 71 builds to be a failure.
    ^win

10+ Year Old Account
    You still shift form-to-form. However, there is a very brief second where you are in no-form at all, and are thus in humanoid form. Shapeshifting first causes you to drop your current shape, then go to the next one. This is not noticable in normal play. However, try shape-shifting in the middle of a stun, and you will see that you drop out into humanoid form first. Again, it is not an issue otherwise.

I thought you could do this? If you're in Bear form, click the travel form icon and you're in travel form.

Quote Originally Posted by Validity View Post
    You still shift form-to-form. However, there is a very brief second where you are in no-form at all, and are thus in humanoid form. Shapeshifting first causes you to drop your current shape, then go to the next one. This is not noticable in normal play. However, try shape-shifting in the middle of a stun, and you will see that you drop out into humanoid form first. Again, it is not an issue otherwise.
    I would be happy if this were the case. But it's not. I have to push travel to come out then bear to go in. When I click one form while in another (bear while in travel, for instance) I get the message "You are in shapeshift form"

---------- Post added 2011-10-04 at 12:19 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by ace1231337 View Post
    I thought you could do this? If you're in Bear form, click the travel form icon and you're in travel form.
    I guess I'm the only one having this problem, lol

Quote Originally Posted by rickforking View Post
    I would be happy if this were the case. But it's not. I have to push travel to come out then bear to go in. When I click one form while in another (bear while in travel, for instance) I get the message "You are in shapeshift form"
    hmmm odd indeed.... maybe an addon is preventing it (for some reason) and you are getting the message as a result... maybe an actionbar addon? idk
    Oh yes, there is a method to my madness O.o
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    We generally consider 0 / 0 / 71 builds to be a failure.
    ^win

Make a macro for all of your shifting spells..

/cancelform
    /cast whatever form

I've had to have those kinds of macros since Vanilla.

I'm swapping between forms no problem with no macros. Disable all your addons and try again.

Deleted
    Type the following in-game: /console autoUnshift 1
    Or add the following to your config.wtf: SET autoUnshift "1"

Edit: If neither works, try adding it to \World of Warcraft\WTF\Account\AccountName\Server\CharName\Config-cache.wtf rather than config.wtf.
    Last edited by mmoc9a3f420f67; 2011-10-04 at 01:06 AM.

Disabled my addons, same thing. Half my guild is trying to figure this out. It's pretty funny

---------- Post added 2011-10-04 at 01:08 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Depom View Post
    Type the following in-game: /console autoUnshift 1
    Or add the following to your config.wtf: SET autoUnshift "1"

Edit: If neither works, try adding it to \World of Warcraft\WTF\Account\AccountName\Server\CharName\Config-cache.wtf rather than config.wtf.
    HOLY CRAP! Thanks a lot, that's awesome!

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by rickforking View Post
    HOLY CRAP! Thanks a lot, that's awesome!
    You're welcome.

Right, that's today's good deed taken care of. Back to the boozing, cussing and women of negotiable affection.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Depom View Post
    You're welcome.

Right, that's today's good deed taken care of. Back to the boozing, cussing and women of negotiable affection.
    I'm tempted to take this as my sig...

15+ Year Old Account
    I thought back in the dizz-ay you had to set an interface preference for this. I know it I longer exists, but I also have had issues occaisionally on the PTR with autoshifting. Thanks for the config item.
    Sunfyre | @FoGSunfyre

Deleted
    Druids are awesome. All the nice people play em

Nara the Feral kitty..purrrrr

15+ Year Old Account
    you can also shit from one form into the same form whit a macro like: (used tobe good for shfiting out of roots, but can still be used to get 10 rage back in bearform from Furor(talent))
    Code:
    /cast [stance:1] !Bear Form(Shapeshift); [stance:3] !Cat Form(Shapeshift)
    TREE DURID IS 4 PEE