Thread: Skill Combos

Page 1 of 3
LastLast

Skill Combos

Hey guys, I wanted to discuss skill combos. What combinations of spells and abilities would you like to see in Guild Wars 2? That includes both two or three abilities you chain together for various effects (Like Warriors using "Fear Me!" to make their opponent's turn their backs, and following up with Bull's Charge to knock down their foe), or combinations with other players (like a Necromancer laying down a disease cloud, and a Ranger's pet running through it and biting an enemy to infect them).

Personally, I'd like to see a Ranger using Whirling Defense to spread an Elementalist's Geyser around to heal allies.

And just for Trollsbane, here's an Asura Guardian to illustrate my point :P. He starts to charge up Banish, then teleports forward with Judge's Intervention, putting him in range to play golf with the Moa.

Norn Mesmer: GW2
    Rattataki Sniper: SWTOR

I'll be looking forward to a dual-axe Warrior spinning through an Elementalist's Flamewall and splashing fire all over the place.
    I am Grôgnárd, the one and only!
    The Light and How to Swing It

SWTOR Referral Link - get free stuff!

A dual axe warrior spinning through an elementalist using tornado.

Yo dawg, we heard you like spinning...

Quote Originally Posted by Grognard View Post
    I'll be looking forward to a dual-axe Warrior spinning through an Elementalist's Flamewall and splashing fire all over the place.
    My girlfriend is going to be an Ele and i'm going to be a Warrior, we will make this happen.

Deleted
    a Guardian with hammer running through a firewall while hitting a opponent up and they come crashing back on the ground as a meteor inflicting aoe.
    Dual axe warrior standing in Elementalists tornado and sending mini tornadoes out with his axes.(damn someone beat me to it)

Quote Originally Posted by Ventashar View Post
    My girlfriend is going to be an Ele and i'm going to be a Warrior, we will make this happen.
    I was originally hoping my wife would roll Ele in GW2, even though she ended up hating it in GW1. Seems like she's leaning more towards Warrior, now, though...

Warrior Stomp into a Guardian's Hammer Banish? Home run! ^_^

I was originally hoping my wife would roll Ele in GW2, even though she ended up hating it in GW1. Seems like she's leaning more towards Warrior, now, though...

Warrior Stomp into a Guardian's Hammer Banish? Home run! ^_^
    My girlfriend plays Monk for GW1, but Ele is her second favorite and there isn't a true Monk class for GW2. So, Ele she shall go!

Quote Originally Posted by Ventashar View Post
    My girlfriend plays Monk for GW1, but Ele is her second favorite and there isn't a true Monk class for GW2. So, Ele she shall go!
    Guardian's get Ray of Judgement...Now if only there was a way for a Warrior to turn THAT into an AoE in GW2.

Guardian's get Ray of Judgement...Now if only there was a way for a Warrior to turn THAT into an AoE in GW2.
    That my friend, would just be too awesome for words.

I'd like to see a ranger (or any class doing range physical dmg) shooting arrows/bullets through an Ele static field to make their hits add a stun. Same idea for Necro disease clouds. I am really interested in these class combos because I have only really heard the developers talking about shooting arrows through a fire wall. More variety would be awesome to hear.

Quote Originally Posted by fishious View Post
    I'd like to see a ranger (or any class doing range physical dmg) shooting arrows/bullets through an Ele static field to make their hits add a stun. Same idea for Necro disease clouds. I am really interested in these class combos because I have only really heard the developers talking about shooting arrows through a fire wall. More variety would be awesome to hear.
    I'm sure they are wanting to keep us in suspense, which is why they aren't saying much. Seems like we'll have to wait for the beta to happen to see more on that.

I've seen a couple of clips of someone shooting a rifle through static field and stunning someone, but I've had a hard time finding it again. The only thing I could find was a very brief cut (you only see the person being stunned for a split second) of it in a compilation video, but hopefully it's enough to make you happy!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IhFyl...ailpage#t=138s

If anyone can find the original clip that came from, please post a link!

Quote Originally Posted by Mothhive View Post
    I've seen a couple of clips of someone shooting a rifle through static field and stunning someone, but I've had a hard time finding it again. The only thing I could find was a very brief cut (you only see the person being stunned for a split second) of it in a compilation video, but hopefully it's enough to make you happy!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IhFyl...ailpage#t=138s

If anyone can find the original clip that came from, please post a link!
    Oh wow, that is a brief little clip, but I saw it. That's awesome! I'm going to be playing an Ele, and an rl friend is gonna be playing a Guardian so I've been trying to think of ways that the class skills could go together. Will be really awesome to be able to create things like this for huge world events. Think if you had a team of Elementalists lined up with range behind them for a few rounds of DPS before going in to do some crazy support mechanics/rezzing to people who have died on the front line. Also excited for the PvP potential this has, esp WvW with larger scale battles. Learning how to quickly take advantage of these combos will be great.

.......GW2, you haunt me. :-x

Deleted
    I don't know about all the skills yet but now I'm gonna cyclone in front of every warrior I see! O_O

10+ Year Old Account
    Arena net has said if you want to be a ranged melee class that DOESN'T have a pet, you should be a warrior with a short bow/rifle, or a Thief with dual pistols/ Shortbow, because they will be just as effective as a ranger with a bow, however if you want to be the nature magic using, archer with a pet, stick with ranger, cause they are bad asses!!

---------- Post added 2011-10-06 at 02:39 PM ----------

However the combo i'd like to see would be a guardian with a hammer launching someone into a fiery tornado... ah that'd be great...

Quote Originally Posted by Durzlla View Post
    However the combo i'd like to see would be a guardian with a hammer launching someone into a fiery tornado... ah that'd be great...
    Lol I just had this mental image of an overlaping flame patch, lightning patch and a poison cloud being run over and picked up by an elementalist tornado with a line of guardians calling out "Four" and punting foes into the maelstrom.

Who is John Galt?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Merendel View Post
    Lol I just had this mental image of an overlaping flame patch, lightning patch and a poison cloud being run over and picked up by an elementalist tornado with a line of guardians calling out "Four" and punting foes into the maelstrom.
    lol you sir have the exact same image that i do xD

Quote Originally Posted by Merendel View Post
    Ahhh. Newfound vindication for Guardian being my primary class of choice; my helmet off to you, sir.

10+ Year Old Account
    Scorpion wire -> blinding powder
    The Original Ganksta

Top 100 US daggers. yeah, you're jelly alright

Quote Originally Posted by Durzlla View Post
    then again i'm pretty sure you're smarter then the average dumbass

Quote Originally Posted by Platinus View Post
    I don't know about all the skills yet but now I'm gonna cyclone in front of every warrior I see! O_O
    I will gladly enter your cyclone, sir.