Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst
    We do not care about mages and their 2 button rotations.... Most mages argue about anything just to get attention, they like to live in the center of everything.

Just like this original post started... Mage forums was probably dead and boring and lack luster... Hey, I got an idea! Let's go ask the warlocks if they argue to start an argument between the two and get some attention!

I'd give you a 4/10 just for trying...

Warlocks own all...

my personal observation concerning theOP's question..

I run with two other locks.... the 3 of us communicate ( talk. not argue) about what we missed or need to do to dps more.
    we also QQ when no lock gear drops and when it does we are more happier that it dropped than who got it.
    so my answer is we are as helpful as we can be to each other.
    and happiest when we trounce the mages.
    You can't have Manslaughter without the Laughter

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Callace View Post
    Warlocks simply don't possess the mental acuity to grasp what we Mages do.

PS: Fire rules! Boo Arcane!
    Too bad a good warlock in any spec will own a mage whatever spec he spent ages arguing about.

Quote Originally Posted by Erik765 View Post
    I love my mage and have a high respect for our red-headed little step-child counterparts as well... Ok, maybe not the best way to open here

Anyway, do locks fight and bicker over specs as much as mages do?

I swear its like a religion over on the mage forum- Muslims v. Christians v. Bhudists FIGHT!

Getting tired of it personally. Even topics that have nothing to do with specs and up with some scrub/troll bringing up the topic.

Our locks will switch specs multiple times each raid and make the most out of each. I'm assuming this is because lock specs are better balanced?

Fight/bicker much around here?
    There aren't nearly enough locks to bicker in quite the same way as the mage community.

But, yes, I've noticed that warlocks tend to embrace all of their specs a fair bit more then the mages do. Until I reached the point that I was so heavy into mastery that I didn't have the haste to make affliction viable, I routinely would switch between my specs depending on which one would handle the task at hand. Many mages seem to want to be only one, and won't even consider swapping out for a fight, even if it would be clearly superior. I'm not a mage, so I couldn't tell you why.

Edit: And to the haters, my demo lock uses more buttons in the 5 second before the pull then an arcane mage uses during the whole fight. I don't feel the need to elaborate further as to why I say a warlock takes far more skill then a mage.
    Last edited by Dariela; 2011-10-04 at 04:21 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by xxAkirhaxx View Post
    Blizzard is a conglomerate that through lower sub numbers has raised revenue. They're not stupid, they're just not catering to you.
    Yes yes, I know, the sky just bonked you on the head, casuals are taking over the government, and some baddie just got a raid drop... I think you'll live.

http://darisdroppings.wordpress.com

I bet they do, i bet they do.

When we down Ragnaros, I foresee our cozy little 10-man raid having a mini-argument if the Variable Pulse Lightning Capacitor drops, since the warlock insists it should go to our raiding mage and the mage is adamant that the warlock could benefit from it more. 'Course the warlock is an officer and the mage isn't, so ...

Quote Originally Posted by TacTican View Post
    When we down Ragnaros, I foresee our cozy little 10-man raid having a mini-argument if the Variable Pulse Lightning Capacitor drops, since the warlock insists it should go to our raiding mage and the mage is adamant that the warlock could benefit from it more. 'Course the warlock is an officer and the mage isn't, so ...
    They're arguing that the other should have it? That's refreshing.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Migas11 View Post
    Too bad a good warlock in any spec will own a mage whatever spec he spent ages arguing about.
    Only if the Warlock's definition of "owning" is //wrists.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Callace View Post
    Only if the Warlock's definition of "owning" is //wrists.
    I thought DK's were the emo ones most often? o.O
    Never met an emo warlock before. Powerhungry and slightly evil and sarcastic with dark humor yes, but I-hate-myself-and-want-to-die Locks, never.

With the people I play with, the Mages do seem to get in arguments, usually over who's Arcane spec is better, or picking at what the other did wrong in that fight. Us Warlocks though, we never really fight. We'll bicker and joke at each other, but our shadowfury tends to be directed at the Mages when they get in on their arguments
    There is no Peace, only Passion
    Through Passion, I gain Strength
    Through Strength, I gain Power
    Through Power, I gain Victory
    Through Victory, my chains shall be broken
    The Force shall free me

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by xskarma View Post
    I thought DK's were the emo ones most often? o.O
    Never met an emo warlock before. Powerhungry and slightly evil and sarcastic with dark humor yes, but I-hate-myself-and-want-to-die Locks, never.
    I've never met a Warlock that wasn't dripping with black mascara.

15+ Year Old Account
    Oh we bicker, we're just polite enough to do so in user2user binds and secret chat channels

at least that's how my guilds have done it between the locks, we would have an ingame channel and then a vent bind to each other
    Theron/Bloodwatcher 2013!

Quote Originally Posted by Alsompr View Post
    Teasing, misdirection. It's the opposite of a spoiler. People expect one thing? BAM! Another thing happens.

I'm like M. Night fucking Shamylan.

I do see that mages seem to be more extroverted and louder than locks. That may translate into more mage-on-mage bickering.

Warlocks, of any spec, at some point come to terms with patience. We use DOTs. The types and frequencies change depending on spec, but we don't drop half our spell arsenal when we change specs...we just use them in different ways. (This is why we have so many damn buttons.) Likely the same personality that will sit around waiting for dots to tick (instead of using nukes) will also be less likely to "nuke" other locks during discussions.

Interestingly enough, although shadow priests also use dots, I find them to be rather stubborn and surly and arrogant about their DPS when it does top charts, moreso than locks. I attribute it to the type of personality that is stubborn enough not to take the "Hey, if I go holy/disc I get an easy raid spot!" path.

Quote Originally Posted by mistuhbull View Post
    Oh we bicker, we're just polite enough to do so in user2user binds and secret chat channels

at least that's how my guilds have done it between the locks, we would have an ingame channel and then a vent bind to each other
    You forgot the secret meetings in the Slaughtered Lamb.

Quote Originally Posted by Erik765 View Post
    My intention was not to start a flame war between classes. So my bad there.
    That's exactly what happened though, locking this.