Page 1 of 3
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account

Best alliance priest race for PvP?

Any thoughts, or helps are appreciated. I want to start a new priest, but I am having doubts about race. Humans look like a good choice, but what do you guys think?
    Mindless...

Human is perfect for PvP. Saves a trinket :P.

draenei, gift of naruu?

PvP on Alliance you should always go human for the free trinket. As far as other ideas:

My priest is a dwarf, the 10% dmg reduction, which also drops ALL bleeds and diseases instantly, up every 2mins... is pretty decent when I am dealing with DKs, kitty's and rogues. Somewhat for warriors... otherwise it's "meh".

Gnomes can get out of any snare or slow.... meh.

Worgen get a free mini-sprint... meh.

Draenei have a decent racial heal (HoT), 1% hit.... meh.

Night Elves have shadowmeld, which is alright but mostly useless in PvP or very situational, great if it works out, otherwise eh. 2% Dodge... meh.

Pretty much if you are gonna PvP seriously go with human, otherwise go for whichever one of those seems to suit you best for your playstyle and enjoyment.
    Quote Originally Posted by Komie View Post
    They still say Cata needs a lot of work, and this expansion (edit for reference: MoP) is in the final stages.
    Quoted for... truth? on 11/30/2011.

imo id go human as any alliance pvp race.

if your class can be human, human is always the best for pvp.

15+ Year Old Account
    Human, Dwarves are pretty handy with frost resistance and stoneblood, but overall i would say humans purely for that extra trinket.

human
    next choice is human
    after that human
    and then human

10+ Year Old Account
    Lots of allianceraces have good PvP racials. Human with the extra trinket slot, Draenei with the 20% HoT, Gnomes with snarebreaker, Worgen with an extra sprint, Dwarves with stoneform which is awesome against Ferals and Rogues, even warriors to prevent procs. Nelf for shadowmeld which is awesome.

All races have good racials in my honest opinion and what it comes down to is what you feel you need for PvP. I myself would go for Human or gnome since those are the racials that I like in PvP.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lord Gaga View Post
    Mages are balanced. It's just that they aren't balanced for Azeroth.

10+ Year Old Account
    Thanks, I was thinking the same thing, extra trinket seems to good to be true
    Mindless...

Human, it's a no-brainer if you're not much into looks.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Ebbikenezer View Post
    Night Elves have shadowmeld, which is alright but mostly useless in PvP or very situational, great if it works out, otherwise eh. 2% Dodge... meh.
    Nope, it isn't dodge:

Quickness - passive
    Reduces the chance that melee and ranged attackers will hit you by 2%.

Nelfs are pretty damn good from a pvp(defensive) perspective, as most melee will only go for the standard 5% hit. That missed gouge/kidneyshot/throwdown is often a life saver.

15+ Year Old Account
    Human if you like more burst or regen since it frees up a trinket slot.
    Dwarf if you wanna play a bit more defensive, stoneforming off a full set of bleeds and poisons feels great, plus if you time it right with a fear you drop the snares and leg it.
    Draenei is nice for when you just live, gifty with a renew and a few flashes and you topped up.
    Worgen the sprint is nice and while Aberration isn't as good as it used to be, it's still ok.
    Nelf shadowmeld for me died the day you could no longer start to eat/drink in the middle of a bg then meld and keep eating, thought in its current form you can use it to cancel a cast so it's not to bad.
    Gnome the snare breaker is just another way to get out of melee range, works well with the mooncloth set bonus and/or fade talent, the extra mana is nice too.

Out of these I have played my priest as, nelf, Draenei and human, and nelf and human felt the best in pvp my goat only really paid off when I rocket boots away with gifty up with a renew.

Currently human and I love being able to use x2 dps trinkets, that and doesn't matter if I'm off doing stuff with my pve spec in odd gear I always have my trinket ready to go.

Deleted
    Yup..human..did it with dranei...but if i didnt reroll my toons 2 horde, i would change my H priest 2 human, pure for pvp

everyone seems to be forgetting that nelfs also get a nice +5% int, 5% sounds like a small number, but on a s10 geared priest, its over 300 int. Shadowmeld is also far from useless, nice for cancelling casts to screw up (especially mage) burst, and also for a quick OOC button so you can drink faster.

Dreadlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dewinter View Post
    Human, it's a no-brainer if you're not much into looks.
    Eh, doesn't always have to be a male char. :P

Human with Tsunami + Battlemaster's macro'd to your Desp Prayer

---------- Post added 2011-10-04 at 09:39 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Kiteshirok View Post
    everyone seems to be forgetting that nelfs also get a nice +5% int, 5% sounds like a small number, but on a s10 geared priest, its over 300 int. Shadowmeld is also far from useless, nice for cancelling casts to screw up (especially mage) burst, and also for a quick OOC button so you can drink faster.
    Yeah that'd be a really good choice if what you said wasn't completely made up

10+ Year Old Account
    Human first, of course. (you have trinket in low leves, where others (usually) dont.)

Second I think is Nelf. Depends on your playstyle of course.
    But I know where to use shadowmelt, I can promise, it is not nice that Nelf DK or Warrior just pops out of nowhere. <3
    Defending FC ftw!

(this doesn't work so well on high levels, but in low levels it is fun as hell)

Dreadlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Foxroth View Post
    Human first, of course. (you have trinket in low leves, where others (usually) dont.)

Second I think is Nelf. Depends on your playstyle of course.
    But I know where to use shadowmelt, I can promise, it is not nice that Nelf DK or Warrior just pops out of nowhere. <3
    Defending FC ftw!

(this doesn't work so well on high levels, but in low levels it is fun as hell)
    Bolded Part: And even if they do, their trinket's on a five minute cooldown as opposed to two. :P
    Last edited by Yotei; 2011-10-04 at 09:52 AM.

Deleted
    Human male...but its damn ugly imho
    Human female...every "pro" use it oh and if u put "lol" in the name u have like 5% more skill

or

Dwarf ....go for this :P