Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    You won't be able to jump and cast. If you are a warrior and you take damage, you need to move away from combat, heal.. use banners and move back in, it's taking advantage of the fight and dealing with the disadvantage.

Quote Originally Posted by Ventashar View Post
    Not sure on if you can jump and cast at the same time or not. Most videos i've seen don't really focus on jump casting, lol.

I luckily won't have that problem, i play a Warrior in Guild Wars currently so i know to bash stuff and try to heal myself.
    Well it's like how an Elemental Shaman can cast if air bursted or jumping (LB with glypher talent); I'm assuming any class (all of them?) that can cast a spell (all spells?) while moving should also be able to cast while jumping and/or flipping. It'd be amazing if spells were aimed and if you flipped and timed it, you could cast a spell behind you...ehh, a man can dream!

As for healing, I forgot it was mostly/all AoE/ground healing, so I guess that eliminates a healing class, unless you really heavily have buffs or whatever focusing on it (which I assume CAN happen). Same with 'tanks'. But eh, who knows. Not I, I haven't played it.

Mortal Combat Tekken MMO fighting style... meh.

Quote Originally Posted by Bloodhunter View Post
    You won't be able to jump and cast. If you are a warrior and you take damage, you need to move away from combat, heal.. use banners and move back in, it's taking advantage of the fight and dealing with the disadvantage.
    I didn't think you'd be able to jump and cast, but you never know. I agree with your second post as well, Mortal Combat Tekken MMO fightting style wouldn't work too well.

Mortal Combat Tekken MMO fighting style... meh.
    Fatality! Animality! That would be sick. In The Witcher 2, if you stun/knock back an opponent you have a chance to do a randon, cutscene, killing animation. It adds a nice flare and doesn't interrupt pace too much. What if any leader/hard mob and above had a kill animation for whomever got the deathblow, or did the most damage, that went into a cutscene involving buttons. Depending how accurate you are/responsive with reactions (think any game like GoW3 where you have to hit triangle, circles, etc.), you get a different kill animation or achievement. If that's the case, I'll dps all day long for that.

Quote Originally Posted by WorldofWorkcraft View Post
    Fatality! Animality! That would be sick. In The Witcher 2, if you stun/knock back an opponent you have a chance to do a randon, cutscene, killing animation. It adds a nice flare and doesn't interrupt pace too much. What if any leader/hard mob and above had a kill animation for whomever got the deathblow, or did the most damage, that went into a cutscene involving buttons. Depending how accurate you are/responsive with reactions (think any game like GoW3 where you have to hit triangle, circles, etc.), you get a different kill animation or achievement. If that's the case, I'll dps all day long for that.
    Stick with Witcher really... I don't want this non-sense in Guild Wars 2... Imagine if Tequatl sees a Warrior doing a 360 Backflip and slices his opponent and be like.. WTF is this shit.

Stick with Witcher really... I don't want this non-sense in Guild Wars 2... Imagine if Tequatl sees a Warrior doing a 360 Backflip and slices his opponent and be like.. WTF is this shit.
    No..that would be rogue style. A warrior would just jump and thrust hard. Pretty sure warriors do that. You'd never see a warrior in heavy plate armor do a backflip, let alone slice while flipping. C'mon now, be realistic in this totally realistic game xD. There's gotta be a line somewhere! The Witcher has no jumping...I'm just throwing ideas out to make DPS more funsies, or add more dynamic stuffs.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by WorldofWorkcraft View Post
    If they would add quick time events into GW2 I'd facepalm so hard that my palm and my face would melt together.

At the moment I'm pretty sure if you dodge/jump it will interrupt your action.

Quote Originally Posted by Drakhar View Post
    At the moment I'm pretty sure if you dodge/jump it will interrupt your action.
    Dodging definately does, didn't try jumping though, but I imagine it would.

Yeah I'm assuming on the jumping, since there was a thread on Guru where the OP suggested allowing it... only to be viciously attacked by the rabid fanboys.

Deleted
    You can't jump and cast/use abilities. Though I'm not sure how it works for jumping and using an instant ability, never looked at it when I played.

Quote Originally Posted by pyre fierceshot View Post
    no profession is a tank, a healer or a dps.

Obviously the heavy armour professions cna take more of a beating upfront, but that doesn't mean they're a tank. Every profession is able to "tank", but you'll be doing it by evading not standing there getting healed. Since you can target people and heal the, everyone has to look after themselves health wise, unless an engineer or elementist uses there aoe healing skills, but they are not healers either.

the holy trinity(tank/healer/dps) isn't in gw2 like it is wow and other mmo's. You don't need a tank, healer and 3 dps to make a group. You can take any 5 people, and be able to do dungeons etc. You just have to work together, and look after yourself instead of relying on your tank/healer to do it for you.
    simply l.o.v.e it :-d

Threat is something which hasn't been explained yet.
    Isn't it something about that some monsters attacks the nearest person, and others attacks... the one longest away with ranged attacks? I'm not sure, but I believe I heard monsters had some different ways of determining their target.

Keep in mind that they have said they are still working on the npc AI. So I imagine aggro will be different depending on what enemy you fight.

Quote Originally Posted by Arrowstorm View Post
    Isn't it something about that some monsters attacks the nearest person, and others attacks... the one longest away with ranged attacks? I'm not sure, but I believe I heard monsters had some different ways of determining their target.
    As far as it's know only large bosses like The Shatterer and Tequatl etc.

Quote Originally Posted by Doozerjun View Post
    Keep in mind that they have said they are still working on the npc AI. So I imagine aggro will be different depending on what enemy you fight.
    Only thing I read from an interview is that different creatures will have different forms of aggro, such as attacking the closest attacker, attacking mostly clothies, the one who does the most damage or support. This might also even vary between different mobs of the same type which could be very interesting.

Quote Originally Posted by Anthoren View Post
    Only thing I read from an interview is that different creatures will have different forms of aggro, such as attacking the closest attacker, attacking mostly clothies, the one who does the most damage or support. This might also even vary between different mobs of the same type which could be very interesting.
    I've actually read that from an interview as well. If it is going to vary between different mobs of the same type, that will be quite a change from the normal. Which, is never a bad thing.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mothhive View Post
    Dodging definately does, didn't try jumping though, but I imagine it would.
    Are you sure? I'm pretty sure i saw a few videos (these were way back when energy was still used for casting spells AND dodging) where an elem was rolling around while casting.

Quote Originally Posted by Durzlla View Post
    Are you sure? I'm pretty sure i saw a few videos (these were way back when energy was still used for casting spells AND dodging) where an elem was rolling around while casting.
    Absolutely positive. Everytime I dodged mid cast, it would cancel the cast. Maybe they allowed casting while dodging in previous demos, but in the Eurogamer Expo demo, you couldn't, so maybe they removed it. It's a shame, but I guess allowing you to completely dodge an attack and launch your own at the same time was a bit too overpowered.