Page 1 of 3
LastLast
    Herald of the Titans Snow White's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account

ArenaNet support phone number?

Anyone know if arenanet has a support line? I emailed them and I have yet to hear back. I'd love to talk to them on the phone but I can't seem to find a number for them.

Call by Phone: Phone customer service for billing and technical issues from Monday through Friday, 12 noon to 5 p.m. CT, by calling (512) 225-6359. Phone support for in-game issues is not available.

That's on the NCsoft website.

10+ Year Old Account
    WOW...

So after being on hold for 47 minutes I hear 'you are first in line" and then the phone rings and fails to connect me to an operator and hangs up on me.

AWESOME.

Sorry to hear that. At least it's not as bad as trying to contact the VA office. Three hours on hold and then get disconnected...

10+ Year Old Account
    That's the one thing about Blizzard, if you lost your account they were speedy to get it back to you. Probably the only plus side to paying a monthly fee.

Quote Originally Posted by Maklor View Post
    I believe you are supposed to call NCSoft or use their webpage, NOT Arenanet.
    That is correct, which is why i gave him/her the NCsoft number.

10+ Year Old Account
    Yeah, I called NCsoft. And I was 33rd in queue ..

only to be hung up on an hour later.

---------- Post added 2011-10-04 at 03:19 PM ----------

I guess I'll email them again. *pulls hair out*

You need to log on to your NCSoft account and make a ticket, if you don't have a NCSoft account you need to make one.
    Actually it's not required to do that. I never log into my NCsoft account when i have to e-mail them for some reason.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm trying to get my account back. I no longer have the name or password. Anyway, I emailed them again.

And now we play the waiting game...

*Twiddles thumbs*

Awe, the waiting game sucks. Let's play hungry hungry hippos!

15+ Year Old Account
    Good luck. NCSoft is Terrible support and the only reason I don't 100% want to play GW2.

10+ Year Old Account
    And as I said, you will need some kind of proof that you own the account or they (obviously) can't help you retrieve it, so have it handy or you've wasted your time.
    I know the name on the account, and the address on it. I know when it was created and I know the character manes currently sitting on the account. I also know when the account was last active. I'm sure they will have security questions for me to answer as well. So as far as proving Im the owner, it shouldn't be a huge problem if someone would jsut answer me. It's so annoying trying to get a hold of them!

As long as you have the activation codes I think you should be fine.
    Exactly what Maklor said in the quoted message. As long as you have the CD Keys used on the account, you will be fine.

10+ Year Old Account
    NCSoft support sucks btw...
    Quote Originally Posted by SW:TOR
    Jokerseven - Kinetic Combat Shadow - Praxeum - Canderous Ordo
    Ce'lia - Combat Sentinel - Praxeum - Canderous Ordo
    Sentinel PVE Basics for the two Specs that matter

Quote Originally Posted by Blznsmri View Post
    NCSoft support sucks btw...
    Gonna have to disagree on this. I've had plenty of encounters with NCsoft support and it was fine everytime for me. Much better than the support i received from Blizzard back when i played WoW.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ventashar View Post
    Gonna have to disagree on this. I've had plenty of encounters with NCsoft support and it was fine everytime for me. Much better than the support i received from Blizzard back when i played WoW.
    Different people, different experiences.

Took me three weeks to get back my GW account (it was made before they had NCSoft master accounts), where as with WoW I got my account back that very day.

Took me three weeks to get back my GW account (it was made before they had NCSoft master accounts), where as with WoW I got my account back that very day.
    In the case of accounts, i will agree that Blizzard is exceptionally fast in returning them and all items that may have been lost.

10+ Year Old Account

That's probably because Blizzard gets a monthly fee from you, and they want you to activate your sub asap.

Oh btw, I got my account back! I called them back and got through this time, woot!

So, I load up my account, right and I see all these characters I created but I know for a fact that I didn't make them look like this. Is it possible someone changed the way my toons look? If so, then how?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ventashar View Post
    In the case of accounts, i will agree that Blizzard is exceptionally fast in returning them and all items that may have been lost.
    And ArenaNet can't return items to people with out resetting the entire server for everyone. They've only done that like twice in the 6 years Guild Wars has been up. It's one of those things that I hope they fix in GW2.

Quote Originally Posted by Whitewolfbeauty View Post
    So, I load up my account, right and I see all these characters I created but I know for a fact that I didn't make them look like this. Is it possible someone changed the way my toons look? If so, then how?
    Um, of the hacker paid for character changes yeah... Check if you still have all your items and money, because I wasn't so lucky...

Quote Originally Posted by Whitewolfbeauty View Post
    That's probably because Blizzard gets a monthly fee from you, and they want you to activate your sub asap.

Oh btw, I got my account back! I called them back and got through this time, woot!

Congrats on getting your account back! Woohoo!

Now, if it's just the armor you're wearing, sometimes it shows the starter armor on your characters. Not sure why it does that, but it does. If it's your characters actual facial features, skin color, etc. then someone could have paid for a Makeover Pack and changed it.

---------- Post added 2011-10-04 at 06:19 PM ----------

And ArenaNet can't return items to people with out resetting the entire server for everyone. They've only done that like twice in the 6 years Guild Wars has been up. It's one of those things that I hope they fix in GW2.
    Yes, i agree and hope it gets fixed in GW2. It has needed to be fixed for a long while now.

10+ Year Old Account
    Oh, ok when I logged in they reverted back to the old faces / skin color. That was weird! :P

I hadn't logged in since 2008 so I guess it couldn't find my character info right away. :P