Thread: CoD:MW VS TF2

Page 1 of 3
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account

CoD:MW VS TF2

OKAY, here's the deal. Me and a few mates are having a Call of Duty versus Team Fortress discussion atm. What we're discussing is basically how much better the series is than one another. I keep arguing that TF2 is more tactical than CoD, but CoD is more fast paced and about whoever reacts first. However they won't listen to this. They keep arguing that TF2 is both more fast paced and tactical and just generally better in every aspect.

Is this really the general opinion of the games? Because currently I'm pretty outmatched in terms of numbers...

Your friends are right. Although I think COD:MW is more fast-paced if you're good

Deleted
    There really shouldn't even be a discussion to be had, CoD:MW hands down.

Quote Originally Posted by Striipes View Post
    There really shouldn't even be a discussion to be had, CoD:MW hands down.
    There were 2 questions. I don't think MW is tactical in any sense because everyone plays EVERY match as if it's TDM

cod and tf2 are very different games.

CoD is a campfest joke of an FPS in which with any gun you only have to aim at someone long enough to hit them with 2 stray bullets

TF2 wins between them but Halo 2 and 3 were more tactical and skill based than both of them.
    Last edited by Ralamus; 2011-10-04 at 04:53 PM.
    Battlemaster Ralamus (retired rogue)

Deleted
    I prefer TF2, but I think it's a personal reference, really...

Deleted
    I agree with you but you and your friends are almost comparing the moon to the sun: both are celestial bodies but both have different functions.

MW is faster hands down survivability is more limited and weapons are more lethal.

Tf2 is more tactical, you have more tactical options including but not limited to extreme disparity between weapons, automatic turrets, temporary massive boosts in form of medic übercharge.

If you prefere a more realistic game where skill prevails over all play MW. If you want a more colorful game with disparity in gameplay but more team focused play TF2.

Deleted
    Without defining "tactical" and "fast-paced", this discussion isn't heading anywhere.

15+ Year Old Account
    They're pretty different styles of fps, too.

Quote Originally Posted by Beyz View Post
    OKAY, here's the deal. Me and a few mates are having a Call of Duty versus Team Fortress discussion atm. What we're discussing is basically how much better the series is than one another. I keep arguing that TF2 is more tactical than CoD, but CoD is more fast paced and about whoever reacts first. However they won't listen to this. They keep arguing that TF2 is both more fast paced and tactical and just generally better in every aspect.

Is this really the general opinion of the games? Because currently I'm pretty outmatched in terms of numbers...
    CoD is an arcade style game.
    So is TF2 but TF2 takes more skill.
    Personally BF3> all.

This is not a BF3 comparison thread. If someone asks you if apples or oranges are better do you yell that strawberries>all? Stay on topic or stay out of topic. -Conscript
    Last edited by conscript; 2011-10-04 at 05:53 PM.

I have never liked the playstyle of CoD games. Then again, I am not that big of a fan of FPS games outside of a few titles like Halo and a couple of FPS RPGs. I like TF2 though. I feel that it requires a lot of skill. Somebody with a lot of skill will shit on people who are less skilled. In CoD it's all about who shoots first.

Titan
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Oradraffe View Post
    This is not a BF3 comparison thread. If someone asks you if apples or oranges are better do you yell that strawberries>all? Stay on topic or stay out of topic. -Conscript
    Yes dear mod, yes you do.

Quote Originally Posted by Ralamus View Post
    CoD is a campfest joke of an FPS in which with any gun you only have to aim at someone long enough to hit them with 2 stray bullets.
    You lost credibility with this statement, since it's completely false and pure of opinion.

I would argue for Call of Duty, but I can't make a fair judgement since I've never played Team Fortress 2.
    We'll be right here eating popcorn while you get it in.

10+ Year Old Account
    The difference is TF2 doesn't try to be realistic, MWF does but is one of the most unrealistic and imbalanced shooters out there

It wanted to be serious and realistic but then decided maps should be the size of shoeboxes, grenade launchers have the radius of a small house and the army pays billions of dollars to call in predator missiles to kill a single person

Quote Originally Posted by Azalu View Post
    The difference is TF2 doesn't try to be realistic, MWF does but is one of the most unrealistic and imbalanced shooters out there

It wanted to be serious and realistic but then decided maps should be the size of shoeboxes, grenade launchers have the radius of a small house and the army pays billions of dollars to call in predator missiles to kill a single person
    I wasn't aware Wasteland, Afgan, Derail, etc. were the "size of shoeboxes"

There's no purpose of having bigger maps without a higher player cap.

Quote Originally Posted by conqq View Post
    I wasn't aware Wasteland, Afgan, Derail, etc. were the "size of shoeboxes"

There's no purpose of having bigger maps without a higher player cap.
    I also wasn't aware you can fit small houses inside a shoebox

Quote Originally Posted by georgevonfranken View Post
    I also wasn't aware you can fit small houses inside a shoebox
    Housing for mice? :P

Quote Originally Posted by Putmalk View Post
    You lost credibility with this statement, since it's completely false and pure of opinion.
    the fact that CoD is a campfest and requires aiming for no more than half a second to hit someone with a couple bullets to kill them isn't an opinion, it's what actually happens in the game.

CoD is the casual gamer's FPS
    Battlemaster Ralamus (retired rogue)

Quote Originally Posted by Ralamus View Post
    the fact that CoD is a campfest and requires aiming for no more than half a second to hit someone with a couple bullets to kill them isn't an opinion, it's what actually happens in the game.

CoD is the casual gamer's FPS
    All you're doing is spewing off opinions and treating them as facts... He's right, you don't have credibility