Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Quote Originally Posted by Sadinar View Post
    Actually, using a volcanic pre-pot is a decent idea for domo, if you start off during slashes. If you time your volcanic right before the pull, with the little damage and judging thrice before the first slash, you can boost your mana up by about 15k. If timed right, you can cast HR right before your volcanic wears off, thus getting a "free" HR using the excess mana gained from the volcanic, as the volcanic should wear off within 2 seconds(before or after) the first slash. With HR costing ~9k mana, pre-potting a volcanic nets you a free mana pot, basically.

That said, you're absolutely right about pre-potting when having excessive healers or excessive gear for a fight, but it can still provide extra mana.
    And then you're still not healing for a few seconds after the first slash which is usually enough to get back to 100% anyway.
    Yes pre-potting may have some very very very small benefits on some very few fights, but it's not something someone in a casual guild would need.

---------- Post added 2011-10-05 at 02:37 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Bostonian View Post
    BTW, I like bringing 6 healers to a 25 man. 7 is too many.
    With the exception of Beth'Tilac (usually 7) most fights only need 4-5 (or 6 if you can afford to) healers.

I haven't seen 25 man normal modes on most fights since about the 2nd week of Firelands, and definitely have not seen any post-nerf. Post-nerf, probably every hard mode except maybe Beth'ilac is easily 5 healable. For normal modes, you can probably 4 heal everything, and might want to try it if you want to rule out whether his output is a result of there being nothing to heal versus a player skill issue.

I do remember regular Majordomo being something you did want to 7 heal the first couple weeks of 4.2 though, because the more healers, the longer you can hold in scorpion, and the easier the fight becomes. With a 25% damage reduction, and more gear than what we would have had in early July, you shouldn't need more than 5 anymore.

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    hes performing so poorly because hes not healing in scorp phase. from what i can see he is just sitting there using holy shock until 3 Hopo then LoDing and using HR on CD, so about ~4 out of 6 secs hes not doing anything in that phase. he should always be casting. always. the only time it is even conceivable is if everyone is at 100% health and if that's happening alot just roll with one less healer

Your holy paladin isnt the issue. You are 7 healing a fight that can be 3 healed on heroic. That is why hps is so low.