Page 1 of 2
LastLast

IPHONE 4S - antenna problem part 2?

I noticed the iphone 4s has a similar design to the iphone 4. Will the iphone 4s continue the problems that the 4 had (when you hold the phone on the sides it loses signal)

will i have to use a case to avoid dropped calls?

Deleted
    I'd be surprised if they repeat that mistake without a backup. Think thats part of the point with the dual antenna design? That said, no iPhone has been free of dropped calls - so doubtful that problem will go away based on history.

10+ Year Old Account
    Doubt it, since they fixed the problem in the later 4 models.

Deleted
    Hardly, it's been fixed in some later revision of iP4 already.

I doubt it would still be a problem.. nontheless... I have never experienced that issue with my iPhone 4 at all.

Scarab Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    The 4S is going to have a dual antenna system which switches back and forth depending on which has the stronger the signal
    (This signature was removed for violation of the Avatar & Signature Guidelines)

that duel antenna sounds promising, ill never forget dropping my first two calls when i got the new iphone 4... haha

---------- Post added 2011-10-04 at 07:01 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Arlee View Post
    I doubt it would still be a problem.. nontheless... I have never experienced that issue with my iPhone 4 at all.
    u must have plastic fingers then. haha

Scarab Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    I'm happy with it, I'm still using my 3GS and the iPhone 4S is exactly what I was hoping for; same design, better inside. I'll be upgrading ASAP.
    (This signature was removed for violation of the Avatar & Signature Guidelines)

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tyrianth View Post
    I'm happy with it, I'm still using my 3GS and the iPhone 4S is exactly what I was hoping for; same design, better inside. I'll be upgrading ASAP.
    I'm in the same boat...but my 3GS is jailbroken and I don't want to lose all my save games...My phone isn't customized at all, there are only 2-3 things installed from Cydia that don't come standard with it when you first install, but I like them a lot...We'll see if I upgrade
    "I'm glad you play better than you read/post on forums." -Ninety
    BF3 Profile | Steam Profile | Assemble a Computer in 9.75 Steps! | Video Rendering Done Right

Field Marshal
    10+ Year Old Account
    I dont get this whole iphone4 antenna problem. I got jailbroken one and never had any issues with the antenna.

Deleted
    I find it a bit funny that it's only the iPhone people talk about when it comes to antenner issue, my friend which is a huge android fan could drop his HTC HD2 connection to zero by holdning the right place.

OT: No, apple is too big to do that again, but imo it's inevitable that it could be done on iPhone 4S or on any other phone for that matter, yes it may be harder to do on other phones but not impossible.

Herald of the Titans Sephiracle's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Hilppari View Post
    I dont get this whole iphone4 antenna problem. I got jailbroken one and never had any issues with the antenna.
    The initial ones that came out had the antennae in a location where your hand usually was if you held the phone to your ear which caused a severe drop in connectivity.
    LoL: Kr1sys
    WoW:'06 - '11 '14-?' : Krisys - Blood/Frost DK | Sephiracle - Arms/Prot Warrior | Sephyx - Shadow/Disc Priest | Petergriffin - Huntard

10+ Year Old Account
    The iP4 antenna problems were limited to the first batch in the USA I believe. There were no problems with the Canadian versions (released a month after the US ones).
    i7 930 @ 4.0Ghz | Sapphire HD5970 w/ Accelero Xtreme | ASUS P6X58D Premium | 32GB Kingston DDR3-1600
    Xonar Essence STX | 128GB Vertex 4 | AX750 | Xigmatek Elysium
    Laing D5 | XSPC RX 360mm | Koolance RP-452X2 | EK-Supreme HF
    Dell 3007WFP-HC | Samsung BX2350 | Das Keyboard Model S Ultimate | Razer Naga Molten | Sennheiser HD650

Quote Originally Posted by Kisuro View Post
    Doubt it, since they fixed the problem in the later 4 models.
    exactly this. and it was only .2% of the iphone 4 that even experienced the problem.
    If people criticized the Bible as much as they criticize WOW we'd all be atheists.

Herald of the Titans Sephiracle's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Penatar View Post
    exactly this. and it was only .2% of the iphone 4 that even experienced the problem.
    That same .2% are the ones going to be standing in line for the next release of the iPhone and find something else wrong before anyone else.
    LoL: Kr1sys
    WoW:'06 - '11 '14-?' : Krisys - Blood/Frost DK | Sephiracle - Arms/Prot Warrior | Sephyx - Shadow/Disc Priest | Petergriffin - Huntard

Quote Originally Posted by Sephiracle View Post
    That same .2% are the ones going to be standing in line for the next release of the iPhone and find something else wrong before anyone else.
    Also true. lol.
    If people criticized the Bible as much as they criticize WOW we'd all be atheists.

Deleted
    I doubt it... I'm sure they've fixed it

The antenna issues mysteriously vanished the second everyone stopped over scrutinizing it and actually realised many phones have the same issue, regardless they have a different antenna system in place with the new version.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Beasty View Post
    The antenna issues mysteriously vanished the second everyone stopped over scrutinizing it and actually realised many phones have the same issue.
    You mean Steve ran a smear campaign? ;P

Anyway, that's what I thought, about it being overblown as an issue (and it probably was by a bit). But then when using a friend's iphone 4, touched the weak spot, I went whoa. Difference! While many phones do have the issue of that if you cover certain places you get weaker reception, iphone 4 (at least the first revision) is a contender for taking the cake, I'd say.

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by llDemonll View Post
    I'm in the same boat...but my 3GS is jailbroken and I don't want to lose all my save games...My phone isn't customized at all, there are only 2-3 things installed from Cydia that don't come standard with it when you first install, but I like them a lot...We'll see if I upgrade
    So do like I'm going to, wait till you can get an upgrade and then use your 3GS like a iPod touch, I'm due for my upgrade in about 4 months so I'll just wait and see if I want the 4GS or wait till the Ver.5 comes out
    Not flying my Sig because somebody got butthurt because I posted a question that they didn't like in they're little pet post and sicked ScrapBot on me :P