People getting mass-glads?

Last season, there was a 5's team on my server from a top world PvE guild. These guys had a comp they played, but I was watching their armory. They somehow got gladiator rankings for 10 or so people in that 5's team. All from their guild. I watched as they invited someone new to the team, and within a day or so the person had glads range.

They're all really skilled players, but I am just wondering...how much skill is involved to do this? To be able to inter-change so many people to share the glads around like that. Is this just pure-skill or is there something suss going on here?

Please note that all the 10 or so glads in the team...they're all long-time members of there guild, so it's not randoms they'd sell glads.

This team was like a priest/double-dk/paladin/mage team, they inter-changed like 2 priests, and 3-4 DK's into this, so there was literally like 6 or 7 DK's that got glads from this 5v5 team.

It's really not that hard, the person you are inviting has to be capable (its 5s though, stupid bracket...). You'll have to purposely lose games because the team has to stay within 150 points of the lowest Personal Rating that is getting gladiator while within Gladiator range (top .5% of teams).

I don't recommend you trying to tie for a gladiator spot with another team though, that is when things can go bad.

Deleted
    Who cares?

Anyone can get glad in 5s.

No, not really. Try to post more constructively, otherwise you get an infraction next time ~ Ultima
    Last edited by Ultima; 2011-10-05 at 03:31 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Obsession View Post
    It's really not that hard, the person you are inviting has to be capable (its 5s though, stupid bracket...). You'll have to purposely lose games because the team has to stay within 150 points of the lowest Personal Rating that is getting gladiator while within Gladiator range (top .5% of teams).

I don't recommend you trying to tie for a gladiator spot with another team though, that is when things can go bad.
    I believe your Personal Rating have to be within 100 points of the Team Rating.

There isn't

You run with popular cookie cutter 2 dps 1 heal comp that everyone else is doing and hope your better than them

Lock,Shaman,Rogue
    Lock,Shaman,Mage

Etc

To be honest arena has always come down to comp and less about skill.

- Run Cookie Cutter Comp

- Pillar Hump

- Hope your better than they are (I.E Luck)
    Last edited by Silaryn; 2011-10-05 at 05:22 PM.

Herald of the Titans DiscoGhost's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    gladiator isnt easy, theres a reason your in the top 0.5% of the players, its cuz your really good and better than the other 99.5%
    You can tune a piano, but you can't tuna fish.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by z00t View Post
    Who cares?

Anyone can get glad in 5s.

No, not really. Try to post more constructively, otherwise you get an infraction next time ~ Ultima
    It's significantly easier to get glad in 3s than 5s in cata. Top1 or top2 teams in 5s get in glad, most of the players hunting glad in 5s are going for the R1 glad title, and thus they all have glad already.

Oh and glad is awarded to those in the team at the end of the season. A 5v5 team can contain 10 players, just like a 3v3 team can contain 6 people, and a 2v2 team 4 players.
    Last edited by mmocff76f9a79b; 2011-10-05 at 09:48 PM.