1. #1

    Unable to install?

    I had already attempted to play the beta on my laptop, but it did not meet the reqs to play it. so i bought a new one today and tried to install but the same error came up telling me to install in again. Is there something in place to stop the same beta client to be downloaded to different computers? If there is, is there a way around it?

  2. #2
    I had no issues downloading the client to multiple comps. But I dunno why you wouldn't have posted this in the customer service area of the beta forums if you are a tester.

  3. #3
    Definitely contact BioWare's customer service. You may very well not get another beta chance, so clear it up early.

    Buying a "new one" .. hehe OK .. did you buy one that was using the latest computer technology, or did you buy it at a pawn shop .. also many "new" ones from, say, Walmart are still inferior.

    I'm not trying to be difficult, just be really detailed with your posts and you won't have me asking questions ..

    Did the new computer meet the game requirements?

  4. #4
    Had this problem, and poked around the official forums. Seems the problem is the launcher given to us has an active timeframe that ended today. So if you change the date on your computer, it works fine.

  5. #5
    Quote Originally Posted by Chrysia View Post
    Had this problem, and poked around the official forums. Seems the problem is the launcher given to us has an active timeframe that ended today. So if you change the date on your computer, it works fine.
    This helped so much ty ty

    ---------- Post added 2011-10-05 at 05:55 AM ----------

    Quote Originally Posted by Karteli View Post
    Definitely contact BioWare's customer service. You may very well not get another beta chance, so clear it up early.

    Buying a "new one" .. hehe OK .. did you buy one that was using the latest computer technology, or did you buy it at a pawn shop .. also many "new" ones from, say, Walmart are still inferior.

    I'm not trying to be difficult, just be really detailed with your posts and you won't have me asking questions ..

    Did the new computer meet the game requirements?
    http://www.canadacomputers.com/produ...item_id=040902 is what i bought case you were wondering. ty anyways for trying.

  6. #6
    This should not be discussed outside the beta testing forums. You are violating the NDA you signed.

  7. #7
    I was having the same problem, and I can't view the beta forums yet. The date change works but the launcher just sits there with the "Next" button greyed out. Hopefully this is normal.
    Last edited by Buckwald; 2011-10-05 at 11:26 AM.

  8. #8
    Scarab Lord Buckwald's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Clarksville, TN
    Posts
    4,342
    Quote Originally Posted by Palmolive View Post
    This should not be discussed outside the beta testing forums. You are violating the NDA you signed.
    He's not violating any NDA. Anyone can actually read the NDA, and he's allowed to say he is in it. I see nothing that breaks NDA. Also, if you feel that something is breaking any forum rules, report them and move on.

  9. #9
    nvm i'll just copy paste this msg to the report function, thanks Buck.

    And yes, he's saying more than "i'm in beta". I'm reading "Unable to install" which regards the beta....
    Last edited by Palmolive; 2011-10-05 at 11:28 AM.

  10. #10
    Scarab Lord Buckwald's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Clarksville, TN
    Posts
    4,342
    Palmolive, there is nothing NDA breaking about it. Granted he should take it up w/BW and probably won't be able to fix his problem, he isn't releasing any information about the game, at all.

  11. #11
    Quote Originally Posted by Palmolive View Post
    This should not be discussed outside the beta testing forums. You are violating the NDA you signed.
    Lol he is not violating the NDA you fag. Just because you didnt get into the beta you dont have to make other peoples life miserable

    User infracted for this post -Conscript
    Last edited by conscript; 2011-10-05 at 12:36 PM.

  12. #12
    Quote Originally Posted by Dwun View Post
    Lol he is not violating the NDA. Just because you didnt get into the beta you dont have to make other peoples life miserable
    I loled so hard.
    Last edited by conscript; 2011-10-05 at 12:37 PM.

  13. #13
    Fluffy Kitten conscript's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Jonesville, Michigan
    Posts
    10,443
    This thread has become pointless. OP, or anyone else with installation problem, take it up with Bioware at swtor.com. They operate the game and can help you with all of your problems.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •