Page 1 of 4
... LastLast

Question Combat - Dual wield swords - How Bad?

How much of a DPS minus is it if a Combat Rogue dual wields swords instead of Sword/Dagger combination?

Obviously its not optimal , but can you get away with it in Heroics and not embarrass yourself? How about tier 11 Raids?

10+ Year Old Account
    No, you can't do it in any situation without looking like someone who doesn't know how to play their class.

10+ Year Old Account
    Where ever I want, working remote is awesome.
    http://shadowcraft.mmo-mumble.com/
    there ya go input the stuff and it will tell you
    Edit: actually it's so bad they won't even let you do it on here
    Last edited by vindicatorx; 2011-10-04 at 09:22 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by bahamuto View Post
    How much of a DPS minus is it if a Combat Rogue dual wields swords instead of Sword/Dagger combination?

Obviously its not optimal , but can you get away with it in Heroics and not embarrass yourself? How about tier 11 Raids?
    You loose too much dps, like thousands of DPS, never ever play with a slow offhand.

10+ Year Old Account
    ....that question is bad and you should feel bad.

No seriously, slow offhand is going to be bad bad bad. Don't do it. Not ever. Not even if its "omg an upgrade".
    Quote Originally Posted by MurlocWarlock View Post
    If you just love being that guy that purposely, or accidentally carries out the action of "letting them win", roll a shaman, and get a FREE vacation to the Ashran Graveyard with scenic tombstones and a magnificent sunset view of your faction hiding in the bubble as DKS, hunters and Treesus Christ roflstomp your base, and all you have to do is call this number!

Yea, even going to a 1.8 speed dagger is over a 1300 dps lose in my set. I would guess a 2.6 weapon would cut your dps by over 1/3, maybe more.

Quote Originally Posted by Zooniverse View Post
    Rude.

You could have just said it's not a good idea because of the energy gaining talents.

It helps more if you tell them why, so they learn.

@ all of you who were jerks.

*feeling helpful* -_-

15+ Year Old Account
    so, there's zero fast swords these days? i haven't really checked...

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by shewkoi View Post
    Well, there are... Main-hand only caster swords :/ Sadly, we combat rogues are stuck with using daggers in the OH, post-cata :<

10+ Year Old Account
    I think the reason you don't go for a slow OH is because of Main Gauche which is about 8-10% of a combat rogue's damage. NOt even thinking about OH poison applications.

---------- Post added 2011-10-05 at 05:55 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Zooniverse View Post
    It's not a bad question at all. If we were only to ask good questions, then how would we learn from the mistakes we were making?
    ..........gtfo for now

Quote Originally Posted by burkhartt View Post
    I think the reason you don't go for a slow OH is because of Main Gauche which is about 8-10% of a combat rogue's damage. NOt even thinking about OH poison applications.
    Also combat potency procs off OH attacks too.

---------- Post added 2011-10-05 at 06:34 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by shewkoi View Post
    Zero. They would be putting a item in a fast 1h for combat rogues only cause the other specs would not use it. Its kind of point less, I was gonna say this in the other post similar to this but I dont know.

I was using duel dags and tried mace for MH and did close to 3-6k more dmg

Deleted
    lol ignore them.

The other day I forgot to put my poisons on for Shannox. I did 21.5k DPS with no poisons. I was looking for some kind of screwup when i say I was 6-7k down on my par for that boss.

So I could use a sword in OH and all i would get is less Poison procs which is better than no poison procs so tbh I think you will do between 12-20% less damage so if you are a good Rogue I doubt it would notice. But as you had to ask I assume you are crap so would probably stand out like a sore thumb

I'm thinking he wants to use the swords for the looks, not due to ilvl

Quote Originally Posted by mikkiwow View Post
    lol ignore them.

The other day I forgot to put my poisons on for Shannox. I did 21.5k DPS with no poisons. I was looking for some kind of screwup when i say I was 6-7k down on my par for that boss.

So I could use a sword in OH and all i would get is less Poison procs which is better than no poison procs so tbh I think you will do between 12-20% less damage so if you are a good Rogue I doubt it would notice. But as you had to ask I assume you are crap so would probably stand out like a sore thumb
    12-20% lower damage is hardly "unnoticable", and that's only accounting for the poisons. The second part is energy from Combat Potency and while I can't estimate the exact damage loss for that aspect, I'd imagine it would put the total damage loss close to 33%, or "1/3" as previously mentioned.

To give a bit of perspective, using the blue 346 1.4 speed dagger for justice points is probably still better than using a 391 2.6 speed weapon in the offhand.
    Don't let other people define your standards for happiness.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Sakuratei View Post
    To give a bit of perspective, using the blue 346 1.4 speed dagger for justice points is probably still better than using a 391 1.8 speed weapon in the offhand.
    The faster it is, the better it gets, no matter what the DPS range on the weapon, OH DPS account for a lot less than speed. No question, fast OH.

I was mostly asking for the look. If you loose that much, than its not worth it.

Thanks for the information.

Deleted
    Even a 333 blue 1.40 dagger is better by about 200 dps than a 391 epic 1.80 dagger in the off-hand according to my Shadowcraft. Go figure.

I heard it was really bad... Judging by the comments its so bad you should be ashamed for asking (not that I'm saying that), but I prefer Assassination and I always have.

However I call it "Swashbuckler" not Combat, because that's what it is.

They stopped making fast swords because only rogues used them. Now they just make rogues use daggers in their off hand.