Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ...
8
9
10
  1. #181
    Immortal Maklor's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Denmark
    Posts
    7,190
    Quote Originally Posted by Zoneseek View Post
    So no more tier gear, even low ilvl tier gear, that can be gradually obtained over months of doing heroics here and there when you feel like it? Weak. WOTLK was so much more fun for casual players.
    Well you can still get t12.

  2. #182
    There was a time when you had to raid to get gear.... so I don't understand why casuals are complaining about not being able to get tier. Overall I think its pretty fair, I like the cap as otherwise I would have to farm. The LFR finder gives casuals a friendlier option to see content (and hopefully raises the probability that a pug will know the mechanics XD).

    Just wanted to discuss people saying things like "Just because I can't make times to be in a guild that raids, why should I get punished?". Now how should I start this... perhaps with why should people who CAN make times not get rewarded? But more so, you have to make choices in life. Your time is scarce, and you have to decide how to best use it. If you can't make raids, then you are probably doing something that you would rather do, so it's no way blizzards fault. E.g. I have a test today, so I chose to study instead of raid last night.

  3. #183
    Quote Originally Posted by Zoneseek View Post
    So no more tier gear, even low ilvl tier gear, that can be gradually obtained over months of doing heroics here and there when you feel like it? Weak. WOTLK was so much more fun for casual players.
    Well, why not queue up for LFR then. I'm guessing difficulty level will be on par with heroics, and you could conceivably get your tier gear faster.

  4. #184
    Quote Originally Posted by ganush View Post
    Well, why not queue up for LFR then. I'm guessing difficulty level will be on par with heroics, and you could conceivably get your tier gear faster.
    pretty much this, if you're worried you don't have time to raid you can also just queue up and conceivably just do 2 bosses or something, people worry too much.

  5. #185
    Quote Originally Posted by i2ich13 View Post
    so I don't understand why casuals are complaining about not being able to get tier.
    Seems you don't understand indeed Casuals do not complain. They do 2/7HC weekly raiding 3-4 hours/week. And they are happy

    Those who complain... they are BADs. BADs who not even 5/7 in normals (nerfed to the ground btw)
    Why you think the Net was born? Porn! Porn! Porn!

  6. #186
    Immortal Maklor's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Denmark
    Posts
    7,190
    People should stop using the term casuals all together, there is no clear definition of what a casual is.

  7. #187
    Brewmaster Raxxed's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Auckland, New Zealand
    Posts
    1,483
    Quote Originally Posted by Serissa View Post
    Seems you don't understand indeed Casuals do not complain. They do 2/7HC weekly raiding 3-4 hours/week. And they are happy

    Those who complain... they are BADs. BADs who not even 5/7 in normals (nerfed to the ground btw)
    About as true as it can get. Kudos sir
    Quote Originally Posted by judgementofantonidas View Post
    Blizzard offered cardboard cut outs with poster pictures of bosses stapled on them upside down and sideways and many players now feel that is raiding.

  8. #188
    Quote Originally Posted by huldu View Post
    Nobody cares what you do with your time... You're wasting it on a stupid game, hope it'll make you happy when you're older.
    You're a cute lil troll /hug

  9. #189
    Quote Originally Posted by Raxxed View Post
    About as true as it can get. Kudos sir
    Yep, completely agree! Great strawman!

  10. #190
    Quote Originally Posted by Stuco View Post
    so they upped the cap for 20 points, interesting As far as the entire VP gear goes, giving people tier equivalent (as in ilvl) I'm fine with that, but tier sets should be kept in raids. It's been used a lot but I'll say it too: what use is gear to you if you don't/can't raid.
    Exactly, so bind the gear to be used in raid environments only. Basically, stats revert back to 0 outside of a raid environment. After all, what use is gear to you if you don't/can't raid".
    Personally though, I don't mind the changes. You get a different way to get the same exact ilvl gear as you would from doing normal raids without raiding. I think its a good trade off if you can't or won't raid. No one persons gear is going to be that much more overpowering over another persons gear in or out of that raid environment.
    Last edited by daburton; 2011-10-05 at 10:19 PM.

  11. #191
    Warchief Azgraal's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    The Unvanquished City of Porto, Portugal
    Posts
    2,009
    "the final Deathwing encounters dropping ilvl 403."

    So i guess this means Teracgosa's legendary will be par with Deathy's loot (if he drops any weapon, like LK did)... Isn't it too soon to make the present tier's legendary equal to the next tier loot? i'd expect people would only be doing math on wether replacing it or not once they did deathwing heroic....

  12. #192
    I'm very disappointed.I was hoping 4.3 would let my guilds, which raided in TBC & LK but stopped in Cata, to do something.I see a lot of resentment for the LFR being only one chance per boss. (One gear per boss would be fine.) And this and no tier devalues VP. I think I shall just play TOR until 5.0.1 is out. Blizzard is trying to get fewer non-hc raiders to play.

  13. #193
    Quote Originally Posted by i2ich13 View Post
    There was a time when you had to raid to get gear.... so I don't understand why casuals are complaining about not being able to get tier. Overall I think its pretty fair, I like the cap as otherwise I would have to farm. The LFR finder gives casuals a friendlier option to see content (and hopefully raises the probability that a pug will know the mechanics XD).

    Just wanted to discuss people saying things like "Just because I can't make times to be in a guild that raids, why should I get punished?". Now how should I start this... perhaps with why should people who CAN make times not get rewarded? But more so, you have to make choices in life. Your time is scarce, and you have to decide how to best use it. If you can't make raids, then you are probably doing something that you would rather do, so it's no way blizzards fault. E.g. I have a test today, so I chose to study instead of raid last night.

    People who CAN make time DO get rewarded.. last time I checked 378 weapons are not bought by VP ???

  14. #194
    I'm a raider that has killed heroic Ragnaros and I'm disappointed by this change since there will be more token RNG to deal with. Although I assume this means the heroic piece will no longer require normal to upgrade, but still it was nice not to have to worry about RNG for some of the normal pieces before we had access to heroic ones.

  15. #195
    When these discussions come up I'll always go back to BC where it took me 26 kills to finally get Curator to drop gloves for me. Granted, I never used them because it took so long to get them I already outgeared the raid instance. They ended up just stayed in my bank till I got tired of them being in there at which point I destroyed them. Yeah, RNG is a great system! it works perfectly for all the players who are "goods". Magically, the RNG is designed to work in their favor. Blizzard can determine if you are a good and give you a +30 on the dice. Everyone knows that only bads can't get the dice to work on tier tokens.ugg...you "hardcore" raiders and your excuses about why obtaining tier gear should be luck driven. "Huzzah! I just got 2 dice rolls to go in my favor. that means I deserve tier gear!!" I have yet to be convinced how winning 2 dice rolls is tougher then 15 heroics over the course of 3 weeks.
    Last edited by Ragedaug; 2011-10-06 at 06:32 AM.

  16. #196
    Quote Originally Posted by Migas11 View Post
    So i guess this means Teracgosa's legendary will be par with Deathy's loot (if he drops any weapon, like LK did)... Isn't it too soon to make the present tier's legendary equal to the next tier loot? i'd expect people would only be doing math on wether replacing it or not once they did deathwing heroic....
    I think i read that Dw would only drop the weapons. Dunno if it's true. But tbh it's safe to assume that the legendary would still be as powerfull, if not better.
    Val'anyr says hi tho. It never lasted till hc ICC.

  17. #197
    Quote Originally Posted by VanishO2 View Post
    Because since some classes can fill ALL roles, players could cheat the system to always drop what they need. Period.

    If Blizzard went back to the "bring the spec, not the player" system, that wouldn't be a problem since bringing 3 paladins, 4 druids, etc. would gimp you out of important buffs/debuffs and you would never down a boss.
    That's the POINT. When you kill a boss, it should drop loot that someone in your group can actually USE. Not some damn trinket or such that no one needs and it just gets DE'ed every freaking week, for months on end. Who cares if a group runs with 3 paladins and 4 druids who are all specced differently? They would get loot to drop for them, just like a diverse group would get loot to drop for them as well....just as long as the loot that drops is RELEVANT to the group that is there. Other people have stated their examples of how you can raid for weeks and months on end and NEVER get the tier token or specific loot drop that you need because of the lame-ass RNG that Blizzard seems to think is the best idea ever. We need a loot system that takes into account what the party is made up of, and then drop loot accordingly.

    Will groups get geared faster and burn through content faster that way? Well, yeah...duh. That's the point. Because that is a hell of a lot better than it taking two to three times as long, grinding the same shit over and over again, annoying the hell out of you and making you want to rage quit, because the RNG won't ever drop what you freaking NEED. Might mean a bit less money in Blizzard's pocket in the long haul, but it will make a hell of a lot more customers happy.

    And I would love to see anyone say that they enjoy having to farm content for-freaking-ever just to get 1 or 2 items to finally drop for them (they'd be lying through their teeth if they said they did). No one enjoys that. It's just frustrating and annoying as hell. It's time consuming and in the end, even if you finally get the loot, it's usually soon replaced by gear in the next patch...because it took you so damn long to get it in the first place.

    RNG is a bitch and needs to die a horrible and painful death. Getting rid of it would only improve the game. For everyone.

  18. #198
    Stood in the Fire Marcis's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Riga, Latvia
    Posts
    352
    Agreed.
    Our yesterday's raid - 10man FL normal (because we did not had enough heals and decided to go normal to help other guildies to gear up), killing 5/7 (left Majordomo for Sunday hoping that we have enough heals to take on him in HC mode), we only had ONE (!!!) Living Ember drop out of FIVE bosses!
    I am sick of this 0...1 ember drop rate Blizzard loves so much.
    And Shannox as he usually does on every his kill dropped Feeding Frenzy dagger again.
    GZ Mr. Disenchant, i hope you have offspecs for all the gear you have...
    Last edited by Marcis; 2011-10-07 at 10:57 AM.

  19. #199
    Same as before. I like the system a lot more now than i did in Wotlk. The cap is great.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •