Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by lukyl View Post
    I'd be glad for them to loose their big budget. Maybe it will force them to go back to their old ways, with the ~s9 and below style of look that didnt focus on trying to look all fancy but was just clever writing and comedy..
    Yes because the voice actors and the writers are the same people, Right?

Maybe people should stop digging on the simpsons. They've Exhausted nearly every story imaginable and to say shows like American Dad and Family Guy are better, well now we're nolder they do appeal more to the older audience but there have been many a time when I've been watching one of Seth mcfarlanes shows and thought "I have seen this exact story before..."

10+ Year Old Account
    Both are wrong.

Anyhow, I'm sure the Simpsons could get picked up on a different network, I doubt it will end.

They actors should stand their ground. Fox can't replace the Simpsons. It's one of the only shows left I turn their station on for.
    Vanilla WoW was a diamond in the rough. Burning Crusade cleared the rough away and polished that diamond up. During Lich King, that diamond cracked from being over polished and in Cataclysm that diamond was replaced with a cubic zirconia.

I hope the actors stand strong. I'm no fan of the more recent Simpsons episodes (2003 and newer, mainly), so I wouldn't be heartbroken if this was the end of the show, but I do think that expecting them to take a 45% pay cut is incredibly insulting.

About damn time. This show got old so long ago. I loved the Simpsons but the last years of it existence it was just awful.

Anyhow, I'm sure the Simpsons could get picked up on a different network, I doubt it will end.
    Fox probably has most (if not all) the rights of the series so I don't see that happening any time soon. Best case scenario they change voice actors.
    Last edited by ardipithecus11; 2011-10-05 at 07:10 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by ardipithecus11 View Post

Best case scenario they change voice actors.
    That would be worse imo.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kalyyn View Post
    Stand up. You jut defeated gravity.

I'm wondering what Fox is trying to do. Who do they think the public is going to side with? The actors that have made them laugh for years and are now standing up for themselves, or the corporation saying "Work for less money or the entire show is cancelled"?

15+ Year Old Account
    These days It's All About the Money.

A few examples:
    - George Eads and Jorja Fox (CSI) have had troubles with their network several times, because they wanted a bigger paygrade.
    - Michael C. Hall (Dexter) asks for $24 million for the next two seasons of Dexter, while cable network only offered $20 million.
    - A few years ago we had the writer's strike, because they felt they didn't get paid enough with all this downloading.

There were a lot more problems with negotiations about salaries over the last 10 years. Actors or athletes for that matter, do the things they love. They only forget about it when they see the money. All they can think is: Show Me the Money!.
    Last edited by Statix; 2011-10-05 at 07:24 AM.
    Statix will suffice.

Simpsons Already Did It ..... I think the last seasons are just not funny anymore this show should just stop, it's becoming pathetic like Madona.

10+ Year Old Account
    Maybe instead of cutting the voice actors' pay they can hire some less expensive writers. The current ones suck.

Quote Originally Posted by Rork View Post
    Simpsons Already Did It ..... I think the last seasons are just not funny anymore this show should just stop, it's becoming pathetic like Madona.
    There's still laughs to be had but the writing is definitely scraping the bottom of the barrel. They could definitely use some flesh blood in that department.
    Vanilla WoW was a diamond in the rough. Burning Crusade cleared the rough away and polished that diamond up. During Lich King, that diamond cracked from being over polished and in Cataclysm that diamond was replaced with a cubic zirconia.

Its not just the company being greedy here its the voice actors too. I think they are both being ridiculous 400,000 per episode is more than 90% of America makes in a year. The amount of money America puts into entertainment disgusts me. Also tbh I never watched the Simpsons, I know it has a huge fan base but with all the new comedic cartoons out there competition is getting too hard to compete with new ideas. And lets face it The Simpsons have done everything..

No no no no no no! :O </3

I'm sure all those actors are set for life by now anyway. At 8 million a year, even if they had that salary for just 10 years that's still 80 million dollars...

I doubt it really matters to them if they keep their jobs or not.
    Why am I back here, I don't even play these games anymore

The problem with the internet is parallel to its greatest achievement: it has given the little man an outlet where he can be heard. Most of the time however, the little man is a little man because he is not worth hearing.

Great! More Futurama then please!

Deleted
    I'd never take a 45% pay cut I dont blame the actors for sticking to their guns.

I haven't rated the Simpsons for years now I think it would be a good thing to cancel it, I bet fox would still make a ton load of money from merchandise anyways.

Quote Originally Posted by Statix View Post
    - A few years ago we had the writer's strike, because they felt they didn't get paid enough with all this downloading.
    At least their complaint is a bit valid. There are several, dozens of writers on each tv show, and unless their show is very very popular they really don't make that much. I wouldn't be happy either if people were just downloading my work for free.

---------- Post added 2011-10-05 at 07:42 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Vuljatar View Post
    I hope the actors stand strong. I'm no fan of the more recent Simpsons episodes (2003 and newer, mainly), so I wouldn't be heartbroken if this was the end of the show, but I do think that expecting them to take a 45% pay cut is incredibly insulting.
    I find it silly that anyone can justify people complaining about a salary per year that goes from 8 million to 4 million. No one should be able to work for a year and be set for life, especially VOICE ACTORS.
    Why am I back here, I don't even play these games anymore

The problem with the internet is parallel to its greatest achievement: it has given the little man an outlet where he can be heard. Most of the time however, the little man is a little man because he is not worth hearing.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by conceit2 View Post
    Kinda my thought too.

Though it's not like one stopping will help the other. The only connection between the two is Matt Groening, and he's not having any issue so far juggling two shows.

If the show does get cancelled, the voice actors should have no issue finding other work. They are probably some of the most well-known voice actors of this generation (though nobody beats Billy West ). And with that same argument, I do not blame them for wanting more money, or at least the same amount of money for their job.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by conceit2 View Post
    Yes please! I could stand to watch 23 seasons of that.

OT: This kind of reminds me of when there is a sports lockout or whatever. One argument is that the people with their paycheck on the line are grossly overpaid for the work they do (talking into a microphone for a 20 min show, or with my sports metaphor, playing a game). On the other hand, the work they've done has made their employers filthy rich, and they deserve a healthy chunk of the profits.