Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by vizzle View Post
    I find it silly that anyone can justify people complaining about a salary per year that goes from 8 million to 4 million. No one should be able to work for a year and be set for life, especially VOICE ACTORS.
    Well the actors will point at the viewing figures and merchandise sales, the show makes Fox enough money and besides it shouldn't matter if there on 8 million a year or $300 a week I doubt you or anybody else would take a 45% pay cut, its easy to judge them from this side of the fence but if was you in their position being asked to give up $4 million a year isnt something you do lightly.

Deleted
    I would even pay to watch that show!

Hard to believe people would quit a 4-million dollar gig, yet they can probably retire now so they may care more about the stand than money.

Most of us wouldn't quit if our employer told us they are giving us 10% cut, and to us that cut would be of bigger impact. But most of us don't have millions in the bank.

Last thing I want is for the characters to start sounding different I'd rather they cancel the show if they can't keep it going. There are 3 other cartoons on fox anyway (all controlled by same guy though), so we do have enough, i guess.

How about putting futurama instead of simpsons?

The show is not very good since a couple of years but it's still sad
    I hope it's not going to be replace by another Seth Macfarlane part 4 crap.

Simpsons are still way better than American Dad and Cleveland Show

10+ Year Old Account
    just coz it isnt funny anymore doesnt mean its shit i say continue it way past my life expectancy

Cleveland Show sucks
    family guy got boring fast
    american dad's newer episodes are ok
    Last edited by Achaman; 2011-10-05 at 12:05 PM.

About damn time. This show should be cherished as the show we all used to watch in our childhoods learning how to misbehave. That plus the show has been milking out unfunny shit for years now. It really was getting old.

The Lightbringer
    15+ Year Old Account
    Inc another Seth Macfarlne show to takes its place =/

Quote Originally Posted by Rampant Rabbit View Post
    About damn time. This show should be cherished as the show we all used to watch in our childhoods learning how to misbehave. That plus the show has been milking out unfunny shit for years now. It really was getting old.
    Family Guy teach us to misbehave even more

Quote Originally Posted by Greens View Post
    both parties are in the wrong. Shame on the cast for bring entitled bitches and shame on fox for being greedy.
    Pretty much this, also I hate when things end on bad terms. For the simpsons to go out like this it's just a shame =/
    Hi Sephurik

10+ Year Old Account
    Honestly this happened about 7-10 years back as well. Fox needed to cut its budget and tried with the Simpsons. At the time, it was so hugely successful that they had Fox by the balls and managed to get *not only* a pay raise but exclusive contracts that meant they did not perform outside of the studio.

Aside from making them all look like monumental douchebags when children would ask them to do the voices and they said no, this also means that they have a stigmata in the industry due to their limited experience outside of those roles.

As for being rich, no doubt they are. If they were intelligent with their money at all they are. Still, as someone said earlier taking a 45% cut is pretty hard to swallow for anyone. It really comes down to whether or not they want to remain employed.

Personally, The Simpsons should have ended long ago. Again that is just a personal opinion but there is really nothing they haven't done and nowhere they haven't gone. They have writers stuck to that show that could have greatly helped with Futurama back when it was on Fox as well as Family Guy.

Hmm could another network not just buy the rights or w/e it must still be worth the money. I don't find it funny anymore but i garentee its still a good money maker and im sure some who they will sort it out to keep it going.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by This Guy View Post
    I would even pay to watch that show!
    dont you anyway? electrical bill and cable or satelite

I'm gonna guess that I'm just repeating a really popular refrain, but:

Thank god. The show was like a crippled bird trying to fly. For 10 years. A compassionate person would have put it out of its misery a decade ago.

It was all downhill after the creative force went to Futurama, which is STILL better than The Simpsons by several orders of magnitude.

Hopefully they can kill off the Seth MacFarlane turd parade next. It was briefly funny before it was canceled, briefly funny after, and then no amount of narcotics could possibly make it hilarious. All downhill.

---------- Post added 2011-10-05 at 08:09 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Anjerith View Post
    Personally, The Simpsons should have ended long ago. Again that is just a personal opinion but there is really nothing they haven't done and nowhere they haven't gone. They have writers stuck to that show that could have greatly helped with Futurama back when it was on Fox as well as Family Guy.
    They do? Really? Because the quality of Futurama in the first 4 seasons was light years beyond what the Simpsons was doing at the same time, and it's slid ever since, while Futurama is still a quality program.

10+ Year Old Account
    i don't like it so they should cancel it...really great attitude...what about the millions that still watch it?

Quote Originally Posted by Frozenbeef View Post
    i don't like it so they should cancel it...really great attitude...what about the millions that still watch it?
    They can watch Family Guy instead. Honestly, as much as I dislike both programs, Family Guy is a step up and at least tries to be entertaining.

Fox needs to concentrate on Bob's Burgers anyway.
    Why am I back here, I don't even play these games anymore

The problem with the internet is parallel to its greatest achievement: it has given the little man an outlet where he can be heard. Most of the time however, the little man is a little man because he is not worth hearing.

so why is everyone digging on the actors because there voice actors? most of them play 5+ characters. your cool with johnny depp making 300 mil a movie that takes 2 months to make but not an cast making 8m each for an entire season which is less? have you ever tried voice acting.....let me hear you do 5-10 different voices...comeon...don't be shy....if you can you can go and make 4 mil per season...and why is everyone skipping the point that they said they would take a 1/3 pay cut....its not like there asking for the full 8 mil...and to say, that they cant find jobs...what about hank azaria? hmmm.......

I honestly don't know what you lot are smoking. (probably nostalgia)

The show is actually far funnier in recent years, I'm not actually sure half you watch it anymore and are just making comments up.

Anyway, the actors are willing to take a 33% cut, I think Fox are being unreasonable.

I'll be sad to see it go because of the old episodes. But I haven't watched too much in the past few years, I agree that it is 'same old, same old.'

Oh, god, that episode where Bart goes to the little kids special learning centre...I will miss lines like that kids "I'm from canada, and people think I'm...slow...eh?"
    Quote Originally Posted by Imnick View Post
    You do know what islands in the ocean do right?
    They float
    true story

Deleted
    About time. According to me, this show isn't funny to watch at all anymore and has been for a few years now.