Page 4 of 11 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Oragan View Post
    Hmm could another network not just buy the rights or w/e it must still be worth the money. I don't find it funny anymore but i garentee its still a good money maker and im sure some who they will sort it out to keep it going.
    Yeah, it's possible, but unless they're planning on paying for the voice actors too, then there would be no point. And a lot of them may not like the idea of changing networks, and just quit anyway. And don't think about hiring different voice actors. Everyone would notice the difference, and it just wouldn't be the same.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by tekoix View Post
    I wish I made $4 million a year, let alone $8 million. Sad that these people are so arrogant, with today's economy you would assume having a nice $4 mil a year is better then none, cause let's face it none of them have any real talent that will make them that kind of money anywhere else.
    It is all a matter of perspective. If your boss came in and said that you have to cut your pay in half or be fired, would you be happy about it? In today's economy your salary even at half the amount would seem like a fortune to people in Africa or Asia that make nickles per day.

I'm not saying the should earn that much, what they earn is absurd, but don't say they should be happy with it because of other folks in the economy.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Vexar View Post
    They can watch Family Guy instead. Honestly, as much as I dislike both programs, Family Guy is a step up and at least tries to be entertaining.
    I agree. The Simpsons have allowed themselves to be intimidated by Family Guy. To me, the quality of the show were the very carefully written characters. You were able to recognize every human trait in your own environment. Whether it was Moe, Homer, Marge, Chief Wiggum or Ned, all characters were well liked, because of their very nature, which made them appear so alive.

Family Guy is the exact opposite. The sarcastic / cynical humor was in the foreground and the figures were poorly written, except for Stewie and Brian. The rest seemed so interchangeable. The Simpsons have adapted to this tune and it's just plain horrible and sad what happened to the show.
    Last edited by mmoc2085926e72; 2011-10-05 at 12:34 PM. Reason: Ups, it's not Brain..but Brian :P

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by vizzle View Post
    Fox needs to concentrate on Bob's Burgers anyway.
    Or Ron Paul... Omg!!

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Pendulous View Post
    Yeah, it's possible, but unless they're planning on paying for the voice actors too, then there would be no point. And a lot of them may not like the idea of changing networks, and just quit anyway. And don't think about hiring different voice actors. Everyone would notice the difference, and it just wouldn't be the same.
    Hiring different actors would fast track the show to either cancellation or re-hiring the old voice actors lol. Maybe you could get away with it on smaller shows, but as soon as the voices for iconic characters change the fans would be up in arms.

Simpsons is kinda old, I don't find it funny anymore so this doesn't affect me, only cartoon I like now is Family Guy. Some people love the Simpsons and I can see them being pretty sad to see it go.

I think both parties are in the wrong.

Not looking what is being earned, 45% pay cut is kinda crazy, what do any of them do other then that? Other then Hank none of them work otherwise rite?
    "If you want to control people, if you want to feed them a pack of lies and dominate them, keep them ignorant. For me, literacy means freedom." - LaVar Burton.

Quote Originally Posted by moogogaipan View Post
    Not looking what is being earned, 45% pay cut is kinda crazy, what do any of them do other then that? Other then Hank none of them work otherwise rite?
    It's not like they're going to be broke on the streets if they lose their job or if they take a 45% pay cut... they're not living pay check to pay check...
    Why am I back here, I don't even play these games anymore

The problem with the internet is parallel to its greatest achievement: it has given the little man an outlet where he can be heard. Most of the time however, the little man is a little man because he is not worth hearing.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Romire View Post
    "The show has made billions in profits over the years and will continue to do so as far as the eye can see down the road," blabbed an insider. "The actors are willing to take a pay cut of roughly a third, but that’s not good enough for Fox."
    On the one hand, the actors each currently make about US$8 million a year (approximately US$400,000 per episode), and even if they take the pay cut their salaries will still be more than US$4 million. On the other hand, they've contributed as much to the success of the show as any of its creators, so.
    I can't call anyone who agrees with a 33% cut greedy when you see the profit this show must have made. Fox should take the deal, replacing the actors will kill the show and killing the show will kill their profit.

Ofcourse they get paid a lot, but they `deserve` it, they help make an immense profit. If my job cuts my payment with 45% I quit, I will not try to make them a deal to only cut it with 33%, I just quit. Everyone who counters such an absurd cut with a huge cut like 33% isn't greedy.

who wouldnt be angry if he earns only 4m $ a year?
    Quote Originally Posted by narutoboi97 View Post
    lol players say hon sucks
    hon players say lol sucks
    they are both right
    dota is KING!

On one hand, I firmly believe Fox is simply trying to keep more money in their account. Certainly not something I can fault them for, but still, Simpsons is successful and has certainly earned Fox billions so it seems a tad greedy. Especially demanding a pay cut of nearly half. Canning the Simpsons though will probably cost them, especially if another network is willing to pick them up at the offered 33% cut.

Course then I hear that the main voice actors are getting paid 8 million per series... It's hard to feel bad for them only making 4 million a series to come to work in their pajamas if they feel like it and simply speak into a microphone. Am I jealous? You betcha, who wouldn't be? I doubt they'll suddenly go hungry or have to downgrade their lifestyles making only 4 million per series.

So ya, at the end of it all, I'm neutral. I don't care who wins or loses, they both deserve to lose in my book.

Quote Originally Posted by thatguy181 View Post
    On one hand, I firmly believe Fox is simply trying to keep more money in their account. Certainly not something I can fault them for, but still, Simpsons is successful and has certainly earned Fox billions so it seems a tad greedy. Especially demanding a pay cut of nearly half. Canning the Simpsons though will probably cost them, especially if another network is willing to pick them up at the offered 33% cut.

Course then I hear that the main voice actors are getting paid 8 million per series... It's hard to feel bad for them only making 4 million a series to come to work in their pajamas if they feel like it and simply speak into a microphone. Am I jealous? You betcha, who wouldn't be? I doubt they'll suddenly go hungry or have to downgrade their lifestyles making only 4 million per series.

So ya, at the end of it all, I'm neutral. I don't care who wins or loses, they both deserve to lose in my book.
    Anything above $200,000/year I don't even know what I would do with (other than saving it). It's all just greed by then.
    Why am I back here, I don't even play these games anymore

The problem with the internet is parallel to its greatest achievement: it has given the little man an outlet where he can be heard. Most of the time however, the little man is a little man because he is not worth hearing.

Quote Originally Posted by nhomizz View Post
    who wouldnt be angry if he earns only 4m $ a year?
    Who wouldnt be angry if he earns only 8m $ a year and suddently just get 4m $ a year still doing the same amount of work and just accept it.

Deleted
    I dont rly care, Simpsons arent good at all imo. There are better shows than this crap

Field Marshal
    10+ Year Old Account
    Should have ended a decade ago.

10+ Year Old Account
    That kinda sucks, Simpsons was decent, but honestly, South Park + Family Guy/Cleaveland Show/American Dad are alot ...alot..funnier.
    Howay the lads!

Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by warriorpvp View Post
    bout time tbh simpsons is old and stale and not funny anymore besides there are better cartoons on like american dad or family guy
    eat those words, those shows are garbage

and those talking about "they'll never make it anywhere else" um, no. most of them have plentiful side careers with movies and other things. and even then it's not like there's no work for voice-only actors, either.

although, if it comes down to it, and Fox really does hardball the original actors out and uses "sound alikes" to try to keep the show alive, I won't watch it. you can't replace Homer's voice with a near clone and make it anything good.
    22 miles of hard road
    33 years of tough luck
    44 skulls buried in the ground
    Crawling down through the muck
    Ah yeah...

The link states (in a quote from an 'insider') "The actors are willing to take a pay cut of roughly a third", and then Fox decided it wanted to be greedy and cut even more. That doesn't strike me as greed on the part of the actors, given they're willing to take a fairly significant pay reduction at all. They just don't want a cut as large as Fox is proposing. They could be refusing to let Fox push them around out of the principle of the thing.

Either way, it's sad that a show that contributed so significantly to the history and success of animated sitcoms is once again facing cancellation, but to tell the truth, I haven't really found it very funny or watchable for some years now. Everything's gotta die some way or another...it's just depressing that it's going to be because of some real-life dispute. Because of how great its early seasons were (we won't talk about its newer seasons), The Simpsons was a show that deserved to "die peacefully," but such a thing is sadly too rare in television.
    Last edited by Arrowspace; 2011-10-05 at 01:48 PM.

I hope it doesn't go out like this. The show hasn't been funny for awhile, but it deserves to have an epic series finale.

Quote Originally Posted by warriorpvp View Post
    bout time tbh simpsons is old and stale and not funny anymore besides there are better cartoons on like american dad or family guy
    Family Guy? Sometimes. Rarely though.
    American Dad? Geez, that sucks. It's not funny and I gave it plenty of tries.