Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ...
    i like how fox tries to word it like they cant continue making the show under its current budget, rofl

we all know its really cause of all the scandelous shit rupert murdoch's been gettin into over in europe and how its causing them massive debt. lieing, greedy, bastards, lol

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tuuralihn View Post
    thats 8 million before royalties from dolls(with speech), royalties from countries around the world that air the show, the movie, the collectables. They prolly make ALOT more than that. I'd take the paycut easy, I'd still make a bloody big chunk of cash each week from standing in an air-conditioned room 5 hours per week.
    http://www.tmz.com/2011/10/07/harry-...s#.TpDFKJsr2so
    They aren't even asking for a raise, they want a pay-cut in exchange for a share of the profits.

---------- Post added 2011-10-08 at 07:54 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Dezerte View Post
    Exactly.

With "just" 4 million dollars you can live a good life for the rest of your life. And this is just with 1 year of salary.
    So this guy http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rupert_murdoch deserves those extra millions even more?
    How many "good lives" do you think he can live with his billions? Two thousand lives? Three thousand? I could live a good life with just a few hundred thousand. It's still not the point.

I stopped liking the Simpsons about 7 years ago, it wasn't funny, and became too silly for my liking.
    It'll be a shame to see it being canned, as i did watch it when i was younger, but honestly, why do actors have to ask for more money then they can possible spend.. $8million is a lot of cash for someone to spend per year for a normal life style. It's the greed that ruined Two and a half men, now it's the greed that can stop The Simpsons?

Quote Originally Posted by Callace View Post
    http://www.tmz.com/2011/10/07/harry-...s#.TpDFKJsr2so
    They aren't even asking for a raise, they want a pay-cut in exchange for a share of the profits.

---------- Post added 2011-10-08 at 07:54 PM ----------

So this guy http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rupert_murdoch deserves those extra millions even more?
    How many "good lives" do you think he can live with his billions? Two thousand lives? Three thousand? I could live a good life with just a few hundred thousand. It's still not the point.
    Did I say he deserved it more? No, he's just as bad as the actors, which I've already said.

I don't think we're going to see eye to eye on this. I just don't think these actors deserve to get payed 10 times more money then a brain surgeon and they should be more then happy with what they are getting, but hey, that's capitalism for you.

15+ Year Old Account
    Well now this topic sure has egg on it's face, doesn't it? :P
    Fenixdown (retail) : level 60 priest. 2005-2015, 2022-???? (returned!)
    Fenixdown (classic) : level 70 priest. 2019 - present

Deleted
    The actors agreed with a cut to max 30% and the directors said they would fill in for the other 15%...stop making such a drama over it. If I was an actor I'd act the same way, you can never have enough money.

well i hope it dies horribly, why would anyone need more than 1mil a year i don't know, the average person won't make 1mil in their entire life time.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Laylie View Post
    The amount of money America puts into entertainment disgusts me.
    The UK football players' salaries disgust me more

The show ran it's course several seasons ago. As much as I enjoyed the first 10 or so seasons, I can hardly watch a show to completion now. I find myself in the last few years not laughing at all over the course of an entire show.

The actors are being asked to take a pay cut because fewer and fewer people are watching the show. The management and ownership have already been taking a pay cut each passing season that less people watch the show. There comes a point where you can't pay top dollar acting (voice) salaries for a show that is no longer on the top.

This sequence of events was bound to happen, with the show's future in the hands of the actors and their decision regarding what they believe to be fair compensation.

Or not...2 more years.

Quote Originally Posted by Nautik View Post
    I can't say that I'll miss it. The Simpsons has been a terrible show for years now.
    To each their own, I still enjoy the show and find its humor much more entertaining and witty than anything on fox's other animated shows.
    I don't know who you are. I don't know what you want. If you are looking for ransom, I can tell you I don't have money; but what I do have are a very particular set of skills, skills I've acquired over a very long career, skills that make me a nightmare for people like you. If you let my daughter go now that will be the end of it. I will not look for you, i will not pursue you but if you don't; I will look for you, I will find you, and I will kill you.

Well this is thread is pointless as seeing that the Simpson cast accepted salary cuts.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by tekoix View Post
    I wish I made $4 million a year, let alone $8 million. Sad that these people are so arrogant, with today's economy you would assume having a nice $4 mil a year is better then none, cause let's face it none of them have any real talent that will make them that kind of money anywhere else.
    I don't think is the fact that they are being arrogant or greedy about their salary but more of the fact that they're employers are being greedy and trying to take advantage of them. It's a question of fairness for the voice actors in their contribution, not greed.
    "Didn't we have some fun...though? Remember when the platform was sliding into the fire pit and I said 'Goodbye' and you were like 'No way' and then I was all 'We pretended we were going to murder you'......that was great"

Quote Originally Posted by Tuuralihn View Post
    thats 8 million before royalties from dolls(with speech), royalties from countries around the world that air the show, the movie, the collectables. They prolly make ALOT more than that. I'd take the paycut easy, I'd still make a bloody big chunk of cash each week from standing in an air-conditioned room 5 hours per week.
    The actors make 0 from any merchandizing or anything like that, you are horribly misinformed.
    Harry Shear issued a statement that said EXACTLY what the contention was. Here I'll link it for you.

http://www.cinemablend.com/televisio...ons-35811.html

Quote Originally Posted by Bmfstunner View Post
    Well this is thread is pointless as seeing that the Simpson cast accepted salary cuts.
    Such a pity. Wouldve loved to see them go hardball and say "screw you".

Fox can afford that money, and they make millions more from the Simpsons. So yes, they make a fortune for "little work", but Fox makes millions more then they do and they just air that "little work". Wich is, even less work for even more money.
    And its not like the actors refused a pay cut or demanded a raise, read the article damnit. They would accept a paycut, but they wanted to give up no more then 1/3th. So they were still being reasonable and willing to meet more then halfway, but fox wanted even those extra couple of millions.