1. #2361
    10 pool + proxy marauder. Get speed and flood lings, fly overlord over wall in and let the marauder's burst you a hole. Pretty all-in but 2v2 is just full of cheese anyway.

  2. #2362
    Quote Originally Posted by Kakazam View Post
    10 pool + proxy marauder. Get speed and flood lings, fly overlord over wall in and let the marauder's burst you a hole. Pretty all-in but 2v2 is just full of cheese anyway.
    Yeah, I don't like terran play since we mostly have to cheese to win :/ Was hoping for a mid/endgame setup.

  3. #2363
    Quote Originally Posted by MerinPally View Post
    I wouldn't suggest watching training channels but rather pro games and then relate them to liquipedia builds. From then on, try to emulate them and when they scout something, do the same. Wouldn't bother with some of the silly intensive micro used to harass though, that'll come naturally over time.
    ooh thank you..

    I've already taken a look there, there is some good information on that website, though I still don't know most of the terms that are being used there, I'll have to take my time to read it carefully.

    Quote Originally Posted by Wass View Post
    Terran or Protoss for new players. Zerg mechanics are harder to understand right away and execute well (as a new player, I don't have any problems with it personally). No particular race is "easier" though once you get up to a certain level of the game. They are all hard in a way.

    http://www.youtube.com/user/dignitas...?feature=watch <-- Apollo's Youtube

    You have odd sleeping patterns for a German, Tyrael.

    Speaking of Germany, I'm going down to Germany today myself, I'll bring my laptop with me while staying at my dad but I probably won't be on too much for a couple of days. But knowing me I'll probably lurk here at least.
    Oh thank you, guess I'll just roll with Terrans as I said then.

    I'll check his channel and see what I can learn from it. Also - Where in Germany are you going to?
    Let me know if you pass by München! Could always recommend a place for you to go, even though I'm in a rush lately...

    as you noticed, my sleeping pattern is ''broken'', I quit my last job and now I'm just waiting for Uni.

    And your sig reminds me that I have to study a lot of math, I intend to start a Mechatronics course in a Fachhochschule (University of Applied Sciences).

  4. #2364
    Anyone in 1v1 high silver+ (plat zerg here) up for 3v3 ranked? I'm bored as hell

  5. #2365
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadowsz View Post
    Yeah, I don't like terran play since we mostly have to cheese to win :/ Was hoping for a mid/endgame setup.
    Depends on what the other team have picked really. I've found 3/3 ling/bling/ultra pretty good against both Protoss and Terran as long as they haven't went air. Sound's like your partner is being out macroed though if you are on 3/4 for his 1-2. To harass Terran try drops and muta fly-bys but don't over commit if they start putting up lots of anti-air. Even an eco-bust can be pretty effective if they don't have tanks (and to an extent mines) at the ramp. If your partner dropped at their mineral line, it will pull a lot of their defenses allowing blings to bust down a wall and flood in lings.

    If they go bio then try tanks/mines/vikings with ling/bling/ultra. If they both go mech then their army will be slow as hell but if its maxed your pretty fucked. Once they start to move out you could try drops to halt their production, put up lots of statics to slow them down and try for a base trade.

    In my opinion it's much easier to go for a cheese, half of your opponents will try it anyway, it's so strong in team games because it's double/triple as effective.

  6. #2366
    Quote Originally Posted by Kakazam View Post
    Depends on what the other team have picked really. I've found 3/3 ling/bling/ultra pretty good against both Protoss and Terran as long as they haven't went air. Sound's like your partner is being out macroed though if you are on 3/4 for his 1-2. To harass Terran try drops and muta fly-bys but don't over commit if they start putting up lots of anti-air. Even an eco-bust can be pretty effective if they don't have tanks (and to an extent mines) at the ramp. If your partner dropped at their mineral line, it will pull a lot of their defenses allowing blings to bust down a wall and flood in lings.

    If they go bio then try tanks/mines/vikings with ling/bling/ultra. If they both go mech then their army will be slow as hell but if its maxed your pretty fucked. Once they start to move out you could try drops to halt their production, put up lots of statics to slow them down and try for a base trade.

    In my opinion it's much easier to go for a cheese, half of your opponents will try it anyway, it's so strong in team games because it's double/triple as effective.
    Alright cool, I learned something Cheers.

    Sadly I have no clue what so ever about playing terran, so I can't even help him out with unit production etc. Zerg for life!

  7. #2367

  8. #2368
    Quote Originally Posted by Drummer View Post
    Widow mines OP
    Just an annoyance really. Mostly that they affect zerg much greater than T/P. Terran have scans+ravens and 'Toss have the observer that's invisible. Zerg get a fucking massive balloon with no attacks that can cause a supply block if killed. Plus 1 mine can take out a tonne of lings/blings/drones and 2/3 can take down an entire flock of mutalisk.

  9. #2369
    Titan MerinPally's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Chemistry block.
    Posts
    13,373
    Quote Originally Posted by Drummer View Post
    Widow mines OP
    Care to say why you think this? Maybe we can help you not suffer too badly with them. Also, my friend just went into school this morning and had a heart attack. She was 17, not a drinker and not a smoker. I have an exam tomorrow but I am working my way through a bottle of famous grouse at an alarming pace. Thank god I've already passed the module.
    Last edited by MerinPally; 2013-05-08 at 08:44 PM.
    http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte...nicus/advanced
    Quote Originally Posted by goblinpaladin View Post
    Also a vegetable is a person.
    Quote Originally Posted by Orlong View Post
    I dont care if they [gays] are allowed to donate [blood], but I think we should have an option to refuse gay blood if we need to receive blood.

  10. #2370
    That's pretty grim, she ok now? I wish I had exemptions from exams, got 2 next week and haven't even began studying :/ Third year as well, really want/need two A's for going into my fourth year so I can get a first.

  11. #2371
    Titan MerinPally's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Chemistry block.
    Posts
    13,373
    No, she's dead.

    And same, although I'm a first year so I'll probably pass anyway. Will start revision soon, got my first exam on the 24th (apart from tomorrows).
    http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte...nicus/advanced
    Quote Originally Posted by goblinpaladin View Post
    Also a vegetable is a person.
    Quote Originally Posted by Orlong View Post
    I dont care if they [gays] are allowed to donate [blood], but I think we should have an option to refuse gay blood if we need to receive blood.

  12. #2372
    Holy shit now I know how much Idra likes his macro. 90 drones...


    Waiting for unexpected ragequit.

    And there we go.
    Last edited by Verdugo; 2013-05-08 at 10:28 PM.

  13. #2373
    Mechagnome thegreatnomsterii's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    St. Petersburg
    Posts
    666
    Well to be honest it doesnt matter at what point in the game IdrA leaves, might as well have forfeited the match, he cant beat polt

  14. #2374
    I am Murloc! -Zait-'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    ♫ ♪ d(Θ.Θ)b ♪ ♫
    Posts
    5,459
    Quote Originally Posted by Kakazam View Post
    Just an annoyance really. Mostly that they affect zerg much greater than T/P. Terran have scans+ravens and 'Toss have the observer that's invisible. Zerg get a fucking massive balloon with no attacks that can cause a supply block if killed. Plus 1 mine can take out a tonne of lings/blings/drones and 2/3 can take down an entire flock of mutalisk.
    It's not so much that they can kill a million zerg units, it's more that they force the Zerg to play in a way the race isn't designed to be played... it makes you go from very fast swarming, or counter attacks, to slowly sending one ling at a time to their deaths to absorb shots. Seeker missiles do the same thing, but you can dodge them easily enough as Zerg by being quick (the whole point of most of the units of the race).



  15. #2375
    Fluffy Kitten Wass's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    PvP forums
    Posts
    2,239
    Quote Originally Posted by MerinPally View Post
    No, she's dead.

    And same, although I'm a first year so I'll probably pass anyway. Will start revision soon, got my first exam on the 24th (apart from tomorrows).
    Oh man, I know how you might feel. My best friend's little sister passed away at the age of 16 1,5 years ago.

    Tyrael, I'm in Münster, NRW. So not quite Bayern. But thank you anyway!

    I think I forgot the charging cable for the laptop... ^_^
    Quote Originally Posted by Dyra View Post
    Because what they are atm are plait tugging, sniffing, glaring, prissy, clothes obsessed bitches who I would quite cheerfully drown.
    I often post from my mobile device, typos in my posts are 99% likely to be because of that.
    All I would ever want and need is a hug.

  16. #2376
    uuugh, I have a noob question if you guys don't mind....

    I have that shitty version of WoL that lasted for 6 months only, do I need to buy the full version to be able to play HotS?

    ---------- Post added 2013-05-09 at 12:32 AM ----------

    Quote Originally Posted by Wass View Post
    Oh man, I know how you might feel. My best friend's little sister passed away at the age of 16 1,5 years ago.

    Tyrael, I'm in Münster, NRW. So not quite Bayern. But thank you anyway!

    I think I forgot the charging cable for the laptop... ^_^
    Eh, Münster is fine, though I'm not a fan of NRW myself.

  17. #2377
    Fluffy Kitten Wass's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    PvP forums
    Posts
    2,239
    I have a feeling you do need the full version... they are however sold as a pack to gain you a bit of discount.

    Gonna see if I can find the laptop cable before I hit the bed. If I don't have it I probably won't be playing for a couple of days
    Quote Originally Posted by Dyra View Post
    Because what they are atm are plait tugging, sniffing, glaring, prissy, clothes obsessed bitches who I would quite cheerfully drown.
    I often post from my mobile device, typos in my posts are 99% likely to be because of that.
    All I would ever want and need is a hug.

  18. #2378
    Quote Originally Posted by Wass View Post
    I have a feeling you do need the full version... they are however sold as a pack to gain you a bit of discount.

    Gonna see if I can find the laptop cable before I hit the bed. If I don't have it I probably won't be playing for a couple of days
    A shit... well, sigh, guess I'll have to suck it up and buy it if I wanna play it.

    Why'd you come to Germany anyway? and how could you forget it?
    Good luck on your search for it.

  19. #2379
    Fluffy Kitten Wass's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    PvP forums
    Posts
    2,239
    Quote Originally Posted by Archangel Tyrael View Post
    A shit... well, sigh, guess I'll have to suck it up and buy it if I wanna play it.

    Why'd you come to Germany anyway? and how could you forget it?
    Good luck on your search for it.
    Visiting my father who just happens to be German.

    I don't really know how I could forget it. T.T
    Quote Originally Posted by Dyra View Post
    Because what they are atm are plait tugging, sniffing, glaring, prissy, clothes obsessed bitches who I would quite cheerfully drown.
    I often post from my mobile device, typos in my posts are 99% likely to be because of that.
    All I would ever want and need is a hug.

  20. #2380
    I am Murloc! -Zait-'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    ♫ ♪ d(Θ.Θ)b ♪ ♫
    Posts
    5,459
    Quote Originally Posted by Wass View Post
    Visiting my father who just happens to be German.

    I don't really know how I could forget it. T.T
    Where in Germany? I've been a couple times to visit family in Munich... I nearly vomited from how different the landscape is compared to LA when flying in. xD



Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •