Yay finally on the plane \o/
    I don't care if it's extortionate, First Class is worth the money if only for the reclining chair and fold out full size desk to work at.
    Soon as we''re in the air I can test how bad the latency is with plane wifi playing starcraft lol.

Regarding Idra; I think the problem is that he was too comfortable with his persona. It didn't matter who he pissed off before, or how much he raged - he was getting viewers, thousands of them.
    Why would he change who he was while he was getting attention, and more importantly money from it. InControl said he was getting psychiatric help for his behaviour, so he obviously knew it was becoming a problem, and maybe he just didn't think due to how permissive EG had been about his attitude, that he was a dispensable asset?
    I don't think he intended his comment to be taken as blunt as it obviously was recieved, and when i first heard of his dismissal my only thought was "Well, he deserves this".
    Then i saw:

It's obvious he does like the people who support him, and i kinda feel sorry for him now having actually seen the Idra that isn't the starcraft Idra.
    I think he just snapped honestly as there's been an increase in trolling around him recently, but you can't help but feel he deserved the trolling either. He probably didn't intend the comment to be received as it was, and probably expected it to be received as the usual BM.

In any case i'm SURE he won't go without a job for long. If he doesn't continue with starcraft, I can see him being involved with game development somewhere, or going to University. Geoff said he had a comfortable bank anyway which will cover him. Iirc, he was supposed to have saved basically all his tournament winnings over the years and just lived off his stream/salary, even banking some of that, so it's not like he'll go to the streets because of this. He'll be fine i'm sure. Can only wish him luck in finding something that suits him.

Saw that video too. Idra can be nice for sure. I've heard other people say that too.

You have wifi on a plane? Notbad...

But if you can play Starcraft on it... I'm honestly really impressed.

And I would probably fly first class too if it was for really long flights like yours right now.
    All I would ever want and need is a hug.

Yeah it's not bad at all. Was fucking expensive but i'd rather not arrive with DVT and a chiropractor bill.

Besides. The flight attendants in 1st are hotter.

So can you play SC?

Anyway I've gotta go. Gonna be out for a bit, later.

Haven't tried yet to "Play" yet, but i can log on. I'm gonna try some ladder after GSTL

Quote Originally Posted by Fuzzzie View Post
    Yeah, wasn't too surprised. Feel sorry for both him and EG. I hope he finds something he enjoys doing.

With how he talks to people, I don't feel one bit sorry for him.

Playing sc2 ladder on a plane... That's a huge wtf for me

Quote Originally Posted by holz View Post
    I see you have become an avid follower of /r/Starcraft

That video is fucking brilliant

That video is brilliant. And turns out i can play, but i get disconnected briefly every 15 minutes, so as long as i 6 pool every game i should be ok \o/

6 pool to masters

6 Pool to GM! Rank 14 Mast atm but that's gonna drop like a stone over the next few weeks because i'll not be able to do anything ><

Watching this hour and fuck knows how long game between Xlord and HasuObs. Might just get some sleep at this rate.

hahaha I watched it aswell, fuckin hilarious

Too bad that last batch of 13 corruptors won the game for him. I wanted Hasu to take it

Yeah I don't like seeing XLord winning anything. He's got Idras attitude with none of the charisma.

Exactly. I really dislike him. I'm not forgetting the stunt he pulled against Stephano at HSC.

Hmmm what stunt is this? I googled it and all I found was xlord and him dcin'g but xlord was ahead, then 3 independent judges said to give the game to xlord and extend series to best of 5 - did he have some say in it?

I've been messing around with 'Toss and Terran a bit for the first time just making 4 gate/4 rax against the computer to try and level them. Was gonna try them on ladder once I got a bit better, however was wondering if playing them is the same as zerg in the sense that I make builds generally on timings over food count. Is it fair to say you could play 'Toss and Terran with success this way as well? Eg - learn the first few buildings to food count then at x min drop 3 gateways, y min make z stargates etc. ?

Quote Originally Posted by Jess Day View Post
    Fuck delayed flights.
    Fuck-em.

Also pro-tip. Don't go through security with a metal guitar pick in your pocket. Security doesn't find it funny when you say you can't find it.
    I remember when I went to Bulgaria not long after 9/11 with long hair, red che shirt and an army jacket and as soon as they saw my full name and what I was wearing I got searched lol.
    "Heresy is like a garden weed, it won't stop feeding until you... BURN THE WHOLE DAMN GARDEN WITH A FLAMER, BURN IT, BURN IT TO HELL!!!!!" "Is there a wittle puppy in the garden? ITS A DAEMON! BURN IT!"

Remember a couple Muslim guys being thrown off a plane not long after 9/11 for speaking Arabic because it was upsetting a passenger. Total horseshit.

Good news is i'm finally home \o/ Now for some fucking sleep -_-