10+ Year Old Account
    I'm 2 tiers up on the purity Also, I'm not worried, my exams on wednesday (I think) and I'm pre drinking now we're going out tonight. Plus I think I just broke the fingers in my left hand, if alcohol doesn't make the pain go I have and I'll see a doc in the morning

A big bottle of Famous Grouse for £14.... fucking bargain. Gona buy loads and store it.

http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte...nicus/advanced
    Quote Originally Posted by goblinpaladin View Post
    Also a vegetable is a person.
    Quote Originally Posted by Orlong View Post
    I dont care if they [gays] are allowed to donate [blood], but I think we should have an option to refuse gay blood if we need to receive blood.

So for someone that is meticulously, ridiculously friggin TERRIBLE at this type of game (spoiler: me), where would they go to even start playing? Like I'm embarassed on how badly I'll do even in Bronze. I learned how to 4-gate cheese by following a build order but then I just... stop because I don't know what to do.

So like, what can I do to learn how to actually play?
    ~Former Priest/Guild Wars 2 Moderator~
    Now TESTING: ArcheAge (Alpha)
    Now PLAYING: MonoRed Burn (MtG Standard)
    Twitter: @KelestiMMO come say hi!
    ~When you speak, I hear silence. Every word a defiance~

The Unstoppable Force Orange Joe's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kelesti View Post
    So for someone that is meticulously, ridiculously friggin TERRIBLE at this type of game (spoiler: me), where would they go to even start playing? Like I'm embarassed on how badly I'll do even in Bronze. I learned how to 4-gate cheese by following a build order but then I just... stop because I don't know what to do.

Can't remember where it is in the menu, But they do have some decent tutorials to play.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by MerinPally View Post
    I'm 2 tiers up on the purity Also, I'm not worried, my exams on wednesday (I think) and I'm pre drinking now we're going out tonight. Plus I think I just broke the fingers in my left hand, if alcohol doesn't make the pain go I have and I'll see a doc in the morning

A big bottle of Famous Grouse for £14.... fucking bargain. Gona buy loads and store it.

I imagine organic is a prerequisite for something else. If it's biochem then "LOLOLOL goodluck!" once you get there. Biochemistry was probably one of the hardest classes I have ever taken.

---------- Post added 2013-05-17 at 03:05 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Baar View Post
    Can't remember where it is in the menu, But they do have some decent tutorials to play.
    It's in the matchmaking menu I believe. Tutorials are one of the buttons you can press along with unranked, vs AI and ranked.

The Unstoppable Force Orange Joe's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Pilobolus View Post
    It's in the matchmaking menu I believe. Tutorials are one of the buttons you can press along with unranked, vs AI and ranked.
    Playing A.I. would be another good way.

DIMAGA killed 3 colossi push with pure 1/1 lings, now I've seen everything sc2 has to offer.

Quote Originally Posted by cudomix View Post
    DIMAGA killed 3 colossi push with pure 1/1 lings, now I've seen everything sc2 has to offer.
    Life countered helions with lings, now Dimaga counters collosi with lings.

Truly a versatile unit. Soon someone will find out how to counter air with them.

So not looking good for Feast right now.

---------- Post added 2013-05-17 at 10:23 PM ----------

LOL! 210/200 supply.

---------- Post added 2013-05-17 at 10:43 PM ----------

http://i.imgur.com/cs7ufoL.jpg

10+ Year Old Account
    Lol updated apollo weather forecast

I'm starting to think 1v1 is really fun again. Kelesti I would help you but Protoss is not really my cup of tea since HotS anymore. I'm pretty sure we do have other protoss players in here however.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dyra View Post
    Because what they are atm are plait tugging, sniffing, glaring, prissy, clothes obsessed bitches who I would quite cheerfully drown.
    I often post from my mobile device, typos in my posts are 99% likely to be because of that.
    All I would ever want and need is a hug.

Deleted

Check out Shaun "dApollo" Clark's videos on youtube. The revamped ones are out of date now, but they will at least give you an overall look at standard playstyles.

If you find them too fast, pause them briefly every now and again. I'd suggest watching them through once, and then re-watching with pauses personally.

As an aside i just ended up Talking to Tamla Kari aka Lucy from the Inbetweeners movie. My life is now complete. Never thought going to the theatre would be so rewarding.
    Last edited by mmoc71776687c4; 2013-05-17 at 10:14 PM.

Oh. My. God. That bumblebee costume was hilarious! This is why I love WCS EU more than the others. So brilliant.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Verdugo View Post
    Life countered helions with lings, now Dimaga counters collosi with lings.

Truly a versatile unit. Soon someone will find out how to counter air with them.
    Blue flame helions of all things.

10+ Year Old Account

Practice macro with one base builds and when you can keep your money low with that, try two base builds, and then three, etc. Learning proper macro above all is the key to becoming better at the game.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by MerinPally View Post
    I'm 2 tiers up on the purity
    Aye, I want to study psychopharmacology. So really a mix of psychology, biology and chemistry. Just can't do undergraduate studies on it. My exam today actually had maths in it, had to talk about 5 laws of perception and motor skills. Was actually quite interesting, they are mathematical formulas that can determine how we behave. One was Hick's law, which states we have a trade off between speed and accuracy. The implications of it can be seen all over the place, one key example was how web pages or programs are designed. Things like why the file button on a Mac is always in the top corner of the screen - it's three times faster to click on than Windows programs (although Firefox has recently changed to incorporate this as well).

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by cudomix View Post
    A big reason for that was the very bad forcefield placement, and just lack of Forcefield usage from Feast.

10+ Year Old Account
    Learning to properly use Forcefields can be a nightmare... You either gimp yourself or make yourself unbelievably OP.
    I dont care if they [gays] are allowed to donate [blood], but I think we should have an option to refuse gay blood if we need to receive blood.

Loved the Spore buff, now people don't even try to go mutas anymore love those ling blings battles :P

10+ Year Old Account
    It be a good thing if the ZvZ meta is better. Mass muta vs mass muta was just oh so boring.

Sorry for bailing out on you last night btw. Stuff happened.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dyra View Post
    Because what they are atm are plait tugging, sniffing, glaring, prissy, clothes obsessed bitches who I would quite cheerfully drown.
    I often post from my mobile device, typos in my posts are 99% likely to be because of that.
    All I would ever want and need is a hug.

Deleted
    Fuck Essex is mental. That is all. Now if you'll excuse me i need to find out the train times back to stratford from chelmsford with a hangover the size of the US defecit.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jess Day View Post
    Fuck Essex is mental. That is all. Now if you'll excuse me i need to find out the train times back to stratford from chelmsford with a hangover the size of the US defecit.
    Ahahahahahahahahahaha I'm from Essex

The train line to Chelmsford is a pain depending on which side you live on. I live in Romford and that's on the line Liverpool Street - Shenfield. You can change at Shenfield to get to Chelmsford but that train line ends at like 10:30pm and starts again earlyish though I think. The other side of Chelmsford (Ingatestone, Wickford etc) I'm not too sure of.

Just because you're dying I'll give you the train line from Liverpool Street to Shenfield so you can work out your location:

London Liverpool Street - Stratford - Maryland - Forest Gate - Manor Park - Ilford - Seven Kings - Goodmayes - Chadwell Heath - Romford - Gidea Park - Harold Wood - Brentwood - Shenfield.

Trains will run every 10 minutes from about 6:30am until about 11pm, and trains outside that time run every 30minutes. Trains from Shenfield going onto the Chelmsford Line run every 15-20minutes roughly.

Where in Essex did you go? There's not much between Romford and London except a few places in London. Brentwood where I went to school has the Sugar Hut frm TOWIE and then a pretty shit place called Eclipse. In Chelmsford there's a place called Evoke where 2 of my friends from school work at the bar and one of their dads owns the place.

Oh, and from Shenfield - Liverpool Street I think you'll need platform 4 at Shenfield but double check. From Chelmo to Shenfield it should be platform 1 or 3 if I remember but it's been a while.
    Last edited by MerinPally; 2013-05-19 at 11:41 AM.