Quote Originally Posted by -Zait- View Post
    They're both based off the same principle; usually every cheese is an all in, but not every all in is a cheese. A cheese is more of a sucker punch that's done super early into a game, but you can macro yourself out of it if you don't commit too much (so if I six pooled and then immediately made drones and expanded after my first 6 lings). Where as a typical all in would be like a protoss 8 gate off of two bases.
    The bolded bit is word for word what I put earlier, I think there was some kind of conversation after but I didn't read it as I was busy getting smashed off cheap wine. I'm glad we agree though
    Last edited by MerinPally; 2013-06-23 at 07:34 PM.

Mechagnome
    Quote Originally Posted by Wass View Post
    Did anyone here insult taeja for cheesing? I got no track of the current games.
    Some people just got a little bit upset about TaeJa 11/11ing TLO at dreamhack

Quote Originally Posted by Nomzter View Post
    Some people just got a little bit upset about TaeJa 11/11ing TLO at dreamhack
    Oh that. That was nothing imo.
    My SC2 stream, bitchz, love goes to Elyaan the Weird and Fantastical Unicorn.
    All I would ever want and need is a hug.

I'm off to Belgium for a good 8-ish days tomorrow. Gonna have a lot of fun, the only annoying part is that my skill level drops so rapidly when I don't play.

Can't be helped. I'll see you guys later. Take care.
    My SC2 stream, bitchz, love goes to Elyaan the Weird and Fantastical Unicorn.
    All I would ever want and need is a hug.

See you next week, who knows, even I might be able to beat you?!

---------- Post added 2013-06-24 at 05:40 PM ----------

http://drop.sc/345719

I call this one the "Backdoor Battering" and "Baneling Blitzkrieg".

Stupid walloff fucked me up at the start, proceeded to lose an entire army to Banelings because I couldn't drop forcefields because MSC was in same group (this is why I never used to take it with me but learnt otherwise... gota learn control groups now) and then a failed warp in the back with warp prism. Another counter attack and losing loads of stuff, followed by a huge warp prism attack catching him off guard leading to my eventual winning, although it was close the whole way through.

\o/

UGHHHHH!!! ZvZ does my head in! EVERYONE in silver to platinum are just going for the cheapest and earliest one base shite builds in the world. Just lost 3 games in a row, first 2 to some 10pool with spines in my base and another to some bane/slow ling cheese

Sigh now even Terran are going 1 base drops.....wtf is happening today.
    Last edited by Kakazam; 2013-06-25 at 01:27 PM.

You guys having problems playing 1v1? The button is greyed out for me... says unavailable... The others work fine though, for team games.

---------- Post added 2013-06-25 at 03:19 PM ----------

Fixed now... just rebooted and seems ok.

Yeah when that happens you have to just log out and back in. Happens randomly for me too.

I'd like to thank this thread and its posters for helping me decide to buy Heart of the Swarm. I've just finished the campaign, and the game was well worth the $40.

My only gripe is that the evolution missions got a bit stale after a while. Too many of them were: "There are these two exotic animals. Kill them. Essence."

Also, fuck Dehaka. That is one annoying voice.
    Quote Originally Posted by Crazia View Post
    Your mom is so fat shes the reason blizzard made a limit on mage food.
    Quote Originally Posted by Rucati View Post
    If words bother you that much perhaps you should try being amish so you can avoid them.

So, Neganova, does this mean you're gona come play online with us? I think Charge Me Doctor has or is setting up an mmochampion clan of some sort too, which will make it easier to do team games and such, and then there's always here to ask for people to play against/strategies to learn. I am Merinicus #524 if you want to get in contact in game. That's assuming you're on EU, just forgot that this isn't EU only >.<

If you do play online add me too, kelsul #327, on eu that is

MLG starting tonight. Should be good.

Am I blind or on the list of participants, names such as Flash, Life, Innovation, Bomber and such are missing? Any reason? Travel? A tournament in korea? Not invited? Am confused about that one. Or maybe I've just missed it.

I did note that Maximusblack was on the list though, will definitely be checking out his games as I'm a massive fan of lag.tv and I send in replays

Edit: Ignore me, it's a 128 person tournament and I only read about 60 names on the list. I'm sure some of them will be there
    Last edited by MerinPally; 2013-06-28 at 02:11 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by MerinPally View Post
    MLG starting tonight. Should be good.

Am I blind or on the list of participants, names such as Flash, Life, Innovation, Bomber and such are missing? Any reason? Travel? A tournament in korea? Not invited? Am confused about that one. Or maybe I've just missed it.

I did note that Maximusblack was on the list though, will definitely be checking out his games as I'm a massive fan of lag.tv and I send in replays

Edit: Ignore me, it's a 128 person tournament and I only read about 60 names on the list. I'm sure some of them will be there
    No they won't be there. Mostly because of WCS Korea happening shortly before it, and because this is not a usual MLG and has a much lower Prizepool.

MLG got really boned by Blizzard not even covering a fraction of the costs for WCS America, so they had to really cut back on this MLG Anaheim.

Plus a tornado hit their warehouse 2 weeks ago and destroyed atleast 75k dollars worth of equipment.

Oh, right. That's a bit shit on both counts in terms of names and in terms of the twister.

Ah well, I know who I'm rooting for. Will look at a bigger list later but I'm wondering where these extra players are considering it's meant to be 128 people and only ~60 names I see. Surprises maybe? Or just unknowns. Might be good to see some unknowns though.

Obviously, being a brit I'm behind DeMuslim all the way. Will also be looking for Moonglade because I love him, Maximusblack, Huk, and Hero - bit disappointed I don't see Scarlett on there She's probably my favourite zerg to watch in terms of doing shit well, and then Moonglade isn't as good as her but I just find it more entertaining.

---------- Post added 2013-06-28 at 07:04 PM ----------

Oh god, 8 pooling zergs are getting on my nerves, this is the first time I've felt any sort of emotion when playing SC since I came back a week ago. Facing the early pool is fine, I decided to FFE rather than gateway cos I wanted to put some cannons at his natural, that obviously didn't work out. Thing which made it annoying was not the cheese itself, it's when after 25minutes they still haven't killed you and you're actually on making a good come back and they start to claim superiority and how their cheese worked and how bad you are.

It's kinda funny but really annoying. I've slipped from first to 5th in my division, and it's only gold so really who cares, but they cheese, get a huge advantage and then still can't win until a long time later when those delayed upgrades kick in. He needed 5 bases to kill my 2, and even then I almost held it. But then I'm obviously the terrible terrible player. No. Just so happened that I picked the wrong build (but then, I'd already started and couldn't go back or it would've been worse).

/raaaaage.

The zerg wasn't too bad it was the protoss yesterday who proxy 2 gated me... my god, I wish you could punch through a screen and hit the person on the other side. Normally I just laugh but having faced cheese all day today and yesterday and the day before, I would quite like a normal game >.<

I suffer from ladder anxiety. Can't force myself to play a game. I've been devoted to silver and i have ~300 "rest" points lol. I hope tomorrow i will feel better to play sc2
    Quote Originally Posted by Urban Dictionary
    Russians are a nation inhabiting territory of Russia an ex-USSR countries. Russians enjoy drinking vodka and listening to the bears playing button-accordions. Russians are open- and warm- hearted. They are ready to share their last prianik (russian sweet cookie) with guests, in case lasts encounter that somewhere. Though, it's almost unreal, 'cos russians usually hide their stuff well.

Quote Originally Posted by Charge me Doctor View Post
    I suffer from ladder anxiety. Can't force myself to play a game. I've been devoted to silver and i have ~300 "rest" points lol. I hope tomorrow i will feel better to play sc2
    Play on the unranked ladder! There, it doesn't matter how it goes Also, might be worth sharing your builds ^^

Hmm, a 13 year old grand master will be competing in MLG. Interested to see how far he gets, considering Life is only 16 years old aswell.

http://wcs.battle.net/sc2/en/article...vent-interview

Quote Originally Posted by Charge me Doctor View Post
    Play offrace with A.I. You get levels, + you learn the other races You can't get rid of ladder anxiety, just play when you feel you are most focused, and be prepared to lose the first game, but know that it was just the warmup, then get a 6-7 win streak, and gg.