10+ Year Old Account
    If blizzard legitly put it at the same time to put dents in the hull of Dota2 then I think it's very bad by them.

But also, who's gonna be able to last 3 WCS regional finals at the same time?
    Quote Originally Posted by Dyra View Post
    Because what they are atm are plait tugging, sniffing, glaring, prissy, clothes obsessed bitches who I would quite cheerfully drown.
    I often post from my mobile device, typos in my posts are 99% likely to be because of that.
    All I would ever want and need is a hug.

Deleted
    Christ, that Innovation vs Soulkey game 1, so good and this was just the first game.

Pls Soulkey, don't lose so fast, the games are amazing

10+ Year Old Account
    Shhh Zerg, no tears, only Innovation now.

Quote Originally Posted by Dyra View Post
    Because what they are atm are plait tugging, sniffing, glaring, prissy, clothes obsessed bitches who I would quite cheerfully drown.
    I often post from my mobile device, typos in my posts are 99% likely to be because of that.
    All I would ever want and need is a hug.

I think WCS finals are on good time for me. I don't really follow Dota2 anyway.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Wildmoon View Post
    I think WCS finals are on good time for me. I don't really follow Dota2 anyway.
    You don't, a fuckton of people do. This will hurt SC2 WAY more than it will Dota

Quote Originally Posted by holz View Post
    You don't, a fuckton of people do. This will hurt SC2 WAY more than it will Dota
    How do you know? Last time I checked on Twitch.tv LoL had the most viewer and the second was SC2. Dota2 was third. In general, SC2 and Dota2 have around the same amount of viewer on twitch depite Dota2 having larger playerbase. It's not that big deal for either community even if this is LoL. This is not even WCS ss2 final. SC2 will be fine.
    Last edited by Wildmoon; 2013-07-23 at 04:06 PM.

Deleted
    How do you know? Last time I checked on Twitch.tv LoL had the most viewer and the second was SC2. Dota2 was third. In general, SC2 and Dota2 have around the same amount of viewer on twitch depite Dota2 having larger playerbase. It's not that big deal for either community even if this is LoL. This is not even WCS ss2 final. SC2 will be fine.
    Its usually LoL>Dota2>SC2>=WoW>WoTanks actually.

But TI3 isn't a normal event, its a once per year event with a prize pool of 2.6 million$(atm). TI3 will easily crush a regional SC2 WCS event. Don't know why a lot of people are "omg Twitch will go down with both events in the same week" since Twitch wasn't going to be able to resist TI3 alone( Dota2Tv to the rescue!!!). Last year TI2 had a little under 600k viewers and the hours were bad for EU(which make up for a lot of Dota2 viewers).

Deleted
    DotA doesn't have as many viewers on twitch because they don't only stream on twitch. And they still hav emore on there than SC2 most of the time.

You can watch the DotA games in the DotA 2 client, and they stream on youtube as well.

Also, this is the E-sports event with the largest pricepool ever. You can be damn sure more people will watch this than WCS.

Well its not that big a deal considering this is only the regional finals. It could be debated thats its not ideal but its not really that harmful for either scene.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Aladya View Post
    Its usually LoL>Dota2>SC2>=WoW>WoTanks actually.
    I was literally on twitch when you said that and thats what the order was. Twitch numbers are way too inconsistent to have a reasonable debate over. The only thing that can be ruled out is that LoL is always #1 and that SC 2 and Dota 2 fight for a stable position in the top 2-3 games. But Dota does stream through other mediums like the in-game stream client. But tbh I think arguing among these community's is really unnecessary when the Dota 2 and SC2 communities share a lot of people and are compromised of similar teams and like minded people.

- - - Updated - - -

Another thing I want to add is that when I was browsing TL some guy made a list of 15 events year round that are more important than each individual regional final for season 2 so its really, really not a big deal like barely worth discussing when looking at it closer.
    Last edited by Deletedaccount1; 2013-07-23 at 05:27 PM.

Deleted
    On a different note, I hope Soulkey wins in the losers bracket, he needs to go to to the global finals so Apollo can buy him that lunch he owes. :P

Quote Originally Posted by Vathdar View Post
    On a different note, I hope Soulkey wins in the losers bracket, he needs to go to to the global finals so Apollo can buy him that lunch he owes. :P
    He probably will make it out, losing to Innovation is almost guaranteed at this point lol

Quote Originally Posted by holz View Post
    DotA doesn't have as many viewers on twitch because they don't only stream on twitch. And they still hav emore on there than SC2 most of the time.

You can watch the DotA games in the DotA 2 client, and they stream on youtube as well.

Also, this is the E-sports event with the largest pricepool ever. You can be damn sure more people will watch this than WCS.
    You forget that there are a lot of people who Starcraft fan and don't really care about Dota. People who like SC2 will watch SC2 and people who like Dota2 will watch Dota2. They can even open both. I see nothing wrong here. Viewer count will turn out to be fine for SC2.
    Last edited by Wildmoon; 2013-07-23 at 06:26 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Knadra View Post
    He probably will make it out, losing to Innovation is almost guaranteed at this point lol
    I'm betting on Bomber vs Innovation in the final. Artosis also said that Bomber will never win an OSL Code S, so yeah...
    If Jaedongs 90% win rate in JvZ doesn't stand up against the Artosis curse, I doubt Innovation can either.

Innovation's dominance is starting to look like Mvp in 2011. Inno may even surpass that.

Innovation's dominance is starting to look like Mvp in 2011. Inno may even surpass that.
    I looked at MVP's record in 2011 just now he had 14 premier tournaments that he finished in the top 3, holy shit

Deleted
    I looked at MVP's record in 2011 just now he had 14 premier tournaments that he finished in the top 3, holy shit
    Not to mention 4 GSL Code S championships and is the highest earning SC2 player in the world, followed closely by MC while the third is lagging behind by more than 100k dollars. http://www.sc2earnings.com/

Not to mention 4 GSL Code S championships and is the highest earning SC2 player in the world, followed closely by MC while the third is lagging behind by more than 100k dollars. http://www.sc2earnings.com/
    Wish I was korean dam

Deleted
    Wish I was korean dam
    You sure you want to spend your whole day just training? :P As in literally, apart from breaks to eat food and such.

Here's a video from a UK TV channel about south korea, it had a bit about esports in it and they showed the Startale team house and their practice schedule.
    Skip to 7:15 for the schedule, it's pretty hardcore heh. http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature...&v=3AXyHFj5wQg

You sure you want to spend your whole day just training? :P As in literally, apart from breaks to eat food and such.

Here's a video from a UK TV channel about south korea, it had a bit about esports in it and they showed the Startale team house and their practice schedule.
    Skip to 7:15 for the schedule, it's pretty hardcore heh. http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature...&v=3AXyHFj5wQg
    That was pretty entertaining, I loved the part when she tried telling him his phone was ringing rofl