Scarlett vs Jaedong tomorrow, My face is perma stuck in :|, that's going to be haaaaaarsh.
    ~Former Priest/Guild Wars 2 Moderator~
    Now TESTING: ArcheAge (Alpha)
    Now PLAYING: MonoRed Burn (MtG Standard)
    Twitter: @KelestiMMO come say hi!
    ~When you speak, I hear silence. Every word a defiance~

Quote Originally Posted by Kelesti View Post
    Scarlett vs Jaedong tomorrow, My face is perma stuck in :|, that's going to be haaaaaarsh.
    If Scarlett wins she's the new Stephano

Quote Originally Posted by Knadra View Post
    If Scarlett wins she's the new Stephano
    I couldn't decide who to root for. I like Jaedong but I also want NA player to do well for the sake of helping NA scene.

Basically the only one who I don't want to win the EU scene is duckdeok, and somehow I feel that still is going to happen. Come on Grubby, prove me wrong.

Also Scarlett was amazing last night.
    All I would ever want and need is a hug.

Only thing i miss in SC2 are the Lurkers - i dislike using Banelings, a unit that costs resources and suicides is just not my favorite.

Quote Originally Posted by Aleksej89 View Post
    Only thing i miss in SC2 are the Lurkers - i dislike using Banelings, a unit that costs resources and suicides is just not my favorite.
    Lurkers are overrated
    Quote Originally Posted by Urban Dictionary
    Russians are a nation inhabiting territory of Russia an ex-USSR countries. Russians enjoy drinking vodka and listening to the bears playing button-accordions. Russians are open- and warm- hearted. They are ready to share their last prianik (russian sweet cookie) with guests, in case lasts encounter that somewhere. Though, it's almost unreal, 'cos russians usually hide their stuff well.

Quote Originally Posted by Aleksej89 View Post
    Lurker was in early beta. People just ignored them because they had no real role to fill with all these new units.

Quote Originally Posted by Wildmoon View Post
    Lurker was in early beta. People just ignored them because they had no real role to fill with all these new units.
    Honestly, i don't remember them being useful in BW. Of course against protoss they were good, but zerg plays was mass muta in 90% of games and terran outmaneuver them
    Russians are a nation inhabiting territory of Russia an ex-USSR countries. Russians enjoy drinking vodka and listening to the bears playing button-accordions. Russians are open- and warm- hearted. They are ready to share their last prianik (russian sweet cookie) with guests, in case lasts encounter that somewhere. Though, it's almost unreal, 'cos russians usually hide their stuff well.

Quote Originally Posted by Charge me Doctor View Post
    Honestly, i don't remember them being useful in BW. Of course against protoss they were good, but zerg plays was mass muta in 90% of games and terran outmaneuver them
    Lurkers were very useful in both ZvT and ZvP in BW. They were used in ZvT with delfliers to hold off terran push in strategic position.
    Last edited by Wildmoon; 2013-08-11 at 10:04 AM.

Lurkers were very useful in both ZvT and ZvP in BW. They were used in ZvT with delfliers to hold off terran push in strategic position.
    Yeah, but once defiler gets EMPed, lurkers get's crushed. Anyways, it was too situational unit. The only way to use it in SC2 i see, is burrow it behind mineral line to defend against drops (still, will require 3 shots to kill a shielded marine), or to burrow them behind enemy mineral line (won't kill anyone because of slow attack but will deny enemy mining) but again, to "drop" units as zerg you have to invest too much money. Mutas still better.

Yeah, but once defiler gets EMPed, lurkers get's crushed. Anyways, it was too situational unit. The only way to use it in SC2 i see, is burrow it behind mineral line to defend against drops (still, will require 3 shots to kill a shielded marine), or to burrow them behind enemy mineral line (won't kill anyone because of slow attack but will deny enemy mining) but again, to "drop" units as zerg you have to invest too much money. Mutas still better.
    Yeah, BW and SC2 are different game so good units in BW are not neccessary good in SC2. I am waiting for a bit of buff for tank in TvP for SC2. TvP is the most stale MU atm imo. It's hardly any different from WoL.

Yeah, BW and SC2 are different game so good units in BW are not neccessary good in SC2. I am waiting for a bit of buff for tank in TvP for SC2. TvP is the most stale MU atm imo. It's hardly any different from WoL.
    Woah! Buff to tanks in TvP? When i see terran getting tanks it's like facing a wall. I have either to use a lot of sentry energy to make a cannon fodder for tank shots, or turn away and make a bigger ball to break through (or immortals! omg, how i love immortals they are so awesome that i want them to don't get 2 shotted by widow mines. Honestly, it's so retarded, hardened shield decreases damage taken to shield to 10, but widow mine depletes shield power in 1 shot). I feel like tanks in TvP give terran so much time to make anything possible.

Out of everything protoss can do when tanks come into play is: couple of void rays (easily destroyed by marines if microed correctly) or phoenixes (again, marines) or full ground army that can be destroyed by high ground tanks.
    Last edited by Charge me Doctor; 2013-08-11 at 01:37 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Kelesti View Post
    =.=

damnit

I hate eu wcs, because its all toss -.- with 1 terran and 1 zerg.
    And now jae, one of my fav zergs, against the new up and comer =.= sucks

god. I hope her zvz is godly now, I want her to win. Wasnt she the one who offraced if she went against a mirror matchup or was it someone else?

And lurkers... were cut because of their cost. It was a stupid amount for them, when you could roll in with banes for cheaper. Now, they would be amazing, with the newer hydras and banes to complement them.
    Last edited by Skayth; 2013-08-11 at 01:39 PM.

Woah! Buff to tanks in TvP? When i see terran getting tanks it's like facing a wall. I have either to use a lot of sentry energy to make a cannon fodder for tank shots, or turn away and make a bigger ball to break through (or immortals! omg, how i love immortals they are so awesome that i want them to don't get 2 shotted by widow mines. Honestly, it's so retarded, hardened shield decreases damage taken to shield to 10, but widow mine depletes shield power in 1 shot). I feel like tanks in TvP give terran so much time to make anything possible.

Out of everything protoss can do when tanks come into play is: couple of void rays (easily destroyed by marines if microed correctly) or phoenixes (again, marines) or full ground army that can be destroyed by high ground tanks.

A lot of Protoss's units counter Siege Tanks too hard. Mech is not even viable in TvP. It's kinda silly that I have seen Protoss army a moved and crushed positioned siege tanks. That is not supposed to happen. You would never see something like that in BW. Siege Tank's firepower is its strong point and its extreme immobility is its weakness. In TvP, Siege tank shot is so weak.

A lot of Protoss's units counter Siege Tanks too hard. Mech is not even viable in TvP. It's kinda silly that I have seen Protoss army a moved and crushed positioned siege tanks. That is not supposed to happen. You would never see something like that in BW. Siege Tank's firepower is its strong point and its extreme immobility is its weakness. In TvP, Siege tank shot is so weak.
    Well, it's 35(+10 against armored (stalkers)) damage from siege mode. Without Chargelots/Blink stalkers/Voidrays, you have no chance to kill siege tanks. They do too much damage at long range, you army will be too low at shield/hp to fight even pure marines

Damn, too bad about Grubby, but that game on Red City was amazing. Glad to see him and MC being relevant still. :P

Well, it's 35(+10 against armored (stalkers)) damage from siege mode. Without Chargelots/Blink stalkers/Voidrays, you have no chance to kill siege tanks. They do too much damage at long range, you army will be too low at shield/hp to fight even pure marines
    You have chargelot,tempest,Archon,Immortal. All of these units crush Siege Tanks. 1 Immortal could beat like 3+ siege tanks. That's ridiculuos. Siege Tanks are supposed to do terrible damage when they are sieged. You have to get around it by abusing its immobility. Like bio vs mech in TvT,if you touch mech army with bio head on then you will be obliterated.

Holy FUCK! so much rage from Grubby losing to Duckduck.
    Last edited by Wildmoon; 2013-08-11 at 04:01 PM.

You have chargelot,tempest,Archon,Immortal. All of these units crush Siege Tanks. 1 Immortal could beat like 3+ siege tanks. That's ridiculuos. Siege Tanks are supposed to do terrible damage when they are sieged. You have to get around it by abusing its immobility. Like bio vs mech in TvT,if you touch mech army with bio head on then you will be obliterated.

Holy FUCK! so much rage from Grubby losing to Duckduck.
    But you get chargelots,tempest,archon too late, and by a little micro you can force your tanks to focus not immortals (and even if they do, the do splash damage to all around), and again, you have to defend your tanks from close-range archons, well, fuck it, from anyone. Just make tanks and hellbats to be safe from zealots and stalers. All you have to worry about is missmicro. When late game kicks off, you punish enemy for engaging fights because of spreaded tanks around battlefields (like little 2-3 tank isles). Honestly, tanks are so good at defending against initiation and forcing enemy to go air it's not even funny at silver/gold leagues.

If siege tanks will be good all by themselves they will be OPed with decent support. And you shouldn't use siege tanks without support because they have deadzone, low attack speed, low defense and can't do a shit to air units. But they are very good at dealing huge splash damage and to defend against initiation. As i often seen at games, they spread up their tanks to 2-3 groups around field and destroy everything, because if you engage one group, you get fired by 2 or 3 groups at once, and when you destroy this one group, your whole army are teared apart and wounded and will get destroyed by anything

But you get chargelots,tempest,archon too late, and by a little micro you can force your tanks to focus not immortals (and even if they do, the do splash damage to all around), and again, you have to defend your tanks from close-range archons, well, fuck it, from anyone. Just make tanks and hellbats to be safe from zealots and stalers. All you have to worry about is missmicro. When late game kicks off, you punish enemy for engaging fights because of spreaded tanks around battlefields (like little 2-3 tank isles). Honestly, tanks are so good at defending against initiation and forcing enemy to go air it's not even funny at silver/gold leagues.

If siege tanks will be good all by themselves they will be OPed with decent support. And you shouldn't use siege tanks without support because they have deadzone, low attack speed, low defense and can't do a shit to air units. But they are very good at dealing huge splash damage and to defend against initiation. As i often seen at games, they spread up their tanks to 2-3 groups around field and destroy everything, because if you engage one group, you get fired by 2 or 3 groups at once, and when you destroy this one group, your whole army are teared apart and wounded and will get destroyed by anything
    Siege Tanks are not good in TvP. This is well known fact here. Noone uses them except for few timings. Do you even wonder why people just mass bio? because Siege Tanks actually deal more damage to your army than your opponent in TvP. What you said simply doesn't happen in TvP because of how small Archon and Immortal take damage from tanks. We are not talking about silver and gold league here but balance for pros. It's fine that tanks need support because it has been like that forever but it's not fine that tanks are so weak in TvP. Fighting positioned tanks head on and get completely crushed is not the indication that tank is OP but that is what is supposed to happen.

Nice one, Duckduck deserved the win, even started straight up crying after the interview. All the feels.