Quote Originally Posted by May90 View Post
    Wouldn't say DTs become obsolete. In high-level tournaments you often see a few DTs wipe out one or two expansions in the late game, when the opponent just doesn't have any free units not engaged in maneuvering against your army.
    Their cloaking ability becomes rather obsolete, that's right. But their insane damage lets them wipe out large number of buildings very fast. And, if they are engaged, they can always merge into Archons and pull of some attacks.
    Yeah, that's just stupid usage of word "obsolete" from me. I meant that if enemy scouts your DT shrine, he builds detector and you are fucked in a lot of means (you could go stargate or robo or high templars and mix couple with gateway units, if you time it with 1/1 you are ready to engage and often that's enough to cripple enemy or win). I just want to see DT having one single skill to use, so they will be able to support your army in other means but damage (like maelstorm of dark archons)
    Quote Originally Posted by Urban Dictionary
    Russians are a nation inhabiting territory of Russia an ex-USSR countries. Russians enjoy drinking vodka and listening to the bears playing button-accordions. Russians are open- and warm- hearted. They are ready to share their last prianik (russian sweet cookie) with guests, in case lasts encounter that somewhere. Though, it's almost unreal, 'cos russians usually hide their stuff well.

Quote Originally Posted by Charge me Doctor View Post
    Yeah, that's just stupid usage of word "obsolete" from me. I meant that if enemy scouts your DT shrine, he builds detector and you are fucked in a lot of means (you could go stargate or robo or high templars and mix couple with gateway units, if you time it with 1/1 you are ready to engage and often that's enough to cripple enemy or win). I just want to see DT having one single skill to use, so they will be able to support your army in other means but damage (like maelstorm of dark archons)
    It's cheaper to morph archons from DTs than it is from HTs, simply because DTs themselves are cheaper. So if you're going for an Archon build, it'd make sense to build DTs anyway, and use them where and when you can. If you see no current use for them, but need army flesh, just morph them.

Well, seeing forge at 2:00 in PvP means your opponent is fucked a lot, but it doesn't mean forge is bad overall. People tend to use DT at 9:00 or 10:00 or so which is a very cheesy play and is easily countered by getting any kind of detection (unless Dark Shrine is built exclusively for Archons, though I don't think getting Archons so early is viable either, given the amount of resources you need to spend to get the necessary tech). But getting DTs in some stages of game is very strong, especially in middle-to-late game where each player has at least 3 expansions and it becomes hard to defend all bases at the same time.

Same with Oracles and Banshees. Fast Banshee or fast Oracle are easily countered if you can spot them in time. It doesn't mean Banshees and Oracles are useless, it just means that cheesy play with these units is not viable against more or less solid players.

That said, DTs are certainly not the "winning" unit. It's hard to think of a situation when getting or not getting DTs means win or loss. But they certainly help in many cases. Especially against Terran which doesn't have mobile detection except for Raven (which is very expensive) and can't cover large amount of map with detection.

SC2 Heart of the Swarm

Not too sure if this is in the right place for the topic, but I couldn't see anywhere else to post it, so feel free to move it where it should be, but anyway:

I'm considering buying StarCraft 2 and Heart of the Swarm (yes, yes, I'm extremely late to the party for this game, sue me :P) and I have seen the Dulux Digital Edition on the Blizz website (think it's like £40 or so). Would it be cheaper to buy it this way, and if I do, will I get a free upgrade for the collector's edition of HotS?
    This is my Sig, there are many like it, but this one is mine.
    Quote Originally Posted by Soulwind View Post
    They were born in the future to alter the past and we killed them recently. Now I've got a headache...

Can't help you if you really want the digital deluxe edition, but usually I'd try online retailers other than blizzard first, they usually have lower prices, sometimes WAY lower if you are lucky.
    Story is a lie, there is only cuteness.
    Through cuteness, I gain lolis.
    Through lolis, I gain waifus.
    Through waifus, I buy merchandise to fund the industry
    The Moe shall free me.

You have to buy each game separate regardless of the version.

In case you were not aware, with the free trial version, if you group into a part with someone who has the full version or HotS it will temporarily bump up your version to teh same one, so if you have battletag mates who already own HotS etc. you can try it out before you buy...

Just in case you didn't know.
    >SIX A-BONG SIX A-BONG OLLY JOLLY IT'S SIX-A-BONG

Wow, MC played so good in the second series against Thorzain, blinking to avoid widow mine damage, even managing to dodge a widow mine shot while right on top of the mine, so sick.

u should man its a good game

I believe Sc2 is 50% off right now and Hots is 25% off, so if you do want to get it now would be a good time

The new Carbot about the Nydus worm, I genuinely believe that's one of the best episodes yet. By a good margin.

Quote Originally Posted by MerinPally View Post
    The new Carbot about the Nydus worm, I genuinely believe that's one of the best episodes yet. By a good margin.
    when the worker 1 hit the nydus rofl

Guys, can someone share your personal protoss builds to play with? I just realised that i never play from the book, i always do some random stuff and keep being in 1-15 seconds late to something (starting upgrade, transitioning, getting base and so on)
    Russians are a nation inhabiting territory of Russia an ex-USSR countries. Russians enjoy drinking vodka and listening to the bears playing button-accordions. Russians are open- and warm- hearted. They are ready to share their last prianik (russian sweet cookie) with guests, in case lasts encounter that somewhere. Though, it's almost unreal, 'cos russians usually hide their stuff well.

Guys, can someone share your personal protoss builds to play with? I just realised that i never play from the book, i always do some random stuff and keep being in 1-15 seconds late to something (starting upgrade, transitioning, getting base and so on)
    I never follow any builds either. All I know for Toss is 9 Pylon, chronoboost, chronoboost again and 12 Gateway with Pylon and Cybernetics Core followed. I guess builds won't help you that much, unless you are in Grandmaster league or something.

Quote Originally Posted by MerinPally View Post
    Infestor episode is unbeatable!

Thanks for changing my mind about DTs. I've tried to separate enemy 'toss army from their detector, then flanked them with 12 DTs killing almost all zealots leaving archons exposed, then i just moved DTs towards enemy third and killed all workers while his army was busy.
    But on the other side, when you face terran player, they are just "meh".
    Last edited by Charge me Doctor; 2013-10-05 at 07:01 AM.

Good idea to make MMA vs Nerchio the last match. If it was first and MMA would lose - 50% of people would stop watching.

Bah, net went out just as MMA vs Nerchio was about to start, so now I have to suffer through loading the twitch VoD...

I can watch a 1080p video on youtube without having to wait for it to buffer, but trying to watch a 480p video on twitch? NOPE, gotta buffer that every minute.
    Feels like it's 2000 again and I'm trying to watch a video on a crappy school computer after classes...
    Last edited by Vathdar; 2013-10-05 at 07:17 PM.

I'm glad I'm not the only one with Twitch problems. I thought my ISP was starting to cheat on my connection speed.
    Quote Originally Posted by Erin View Post
    I only saw a few minutes of it but it looked slicker than a lubed up olympic swimmer fleeing from a shark.

Poor MC Was rooting for him but there's only so much you can do with blink stalkers. Even if you're MC.