Quote Originally Posted by Deylana View Post
    Modding team, but iirc, they got a cease and desist from Blizzard?
    More than likely, a SC2 MMO is such an obvious choice for Blizzard at some point or another.

Deleted
    Have you played Starcraft HOTS beta? What do you think?

10+ Year Old Account
    It's pretty good from what I've seen. Although the mac version has had a fricken bug that won't let you play it and barely lets you log in... for near 2 months.

I have a mac. EBFSLIUGQUEIGDUILWGEUGFEUYWDLEHGLUIHQIUGRUQI3GTR39GAFSUBVF.

Deleted
    Anyone else had the new "You need an authorized language pack from blizzard entertainment" error that doesn't let them play? The listed fix from Blizzard does nothing because... the settings are already correct. Anyone gotten past it some other way?

10+ Year Old Account
    I had it.

Go into the variables.txt, copy and replace these previous lines:
    Code:

localeidassets=enGB
    localeiddata=enGB
    If that doesn't work, try this:
    Code:
    localeidassets=enUS
    localeiddata=enUS
    If it's still doing it, delete the variables.txt file and run the repair tool.
    (C:\Users\xxxx\Documents\StarCraft II)
    i7-6700k 4.2GHz | Gigabyte GTX 980 | 16GB Kingston HyperX | Intel 750 Series SSD 400GB | Corsair H100i | Noctua IndustialPPC
    ASUS PB298Q 4K | 2x QNIX QH2710 | CM Storm Rapid w/ Reds | Zowie AM | Schiit Stack w/ Sennheiser HD8/Antlion Modmic

Armory

10+ Year Old Account
    ^
    I just want to point out I have your avatar on a shirt :3

With Beta Patch 2.0.3 will come the addition of some exciting new features including the ability to watch replays with others, take command of those games at any point in the replay, and also allow the ability to recover games dropped to technical or network issues. We will provide a bit more information on this tomorrow as well via the
    StarCraft II blog and a full run down of 2.0.3 patch notes.

Awesome news for beta I guess they can really make this feature for launch. Better Late than never :P

anyone know if the starter addition can post on the forums? because im banned and im thinking about just buying another copy of sc2. for games like sc2 its good to have a forum for questions and stuff. and team liquid is honestly lame the rules pretty much say your not allowed to make threads unless ur a pro lol

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tauren View Post
    anyone know if the starter addition can post on the forums? because im banned and im thinking about just buying another copy of sc2. for games like sc2 its good to have a forum for questions and stuff. and team liquid is honestly lame the rules pretty much say your not allowed to make threads unless ur a pro lol
    I'd give it a shot at TL. Community over there isn't so bad actually. And afaik it is your battle.net account that is banned, so making another battle.net acc and attaching a game to it would let you post on those forums again I believe... SC2 and D3 forums are free for anyone to post in, while in the WoW forums you need to have an active WoW account aswell. However that doesn't necessarily be your avatar of choice that you use when posting.

Edit: Oh and yeah, looking for a platinum-level zerg to 1v1 customs against.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dyra View Post
    Because what they are atm are plait tugging, sniffing, glaring, prissy, clothes obsessed bitches who I would quite cheerfully drown.
    I often post from my mobile device, typos in my posts are 99% likely to be because of that.
    All I would ever want and need is a hug.

Quote Originally Posted by Wasselina View Post
    I'd give it a shot at TL. Community over there isn't so bad actually. And afaik it is your battle.net account that is banned, so making another battle.net acc and attaching a game to it would let you post on those forums again I believe... SC2 and D3 forums are free for anyone to post in, while in the WoW forums you need to have an active WoW account aswell. However that doesn't necessarily be your avatar of choice that you use when posting.

Edit: Oh and yeah, looking for a platinum-level zerg to 1v1 customs against.
    you need to own a starcraft 2 game to post on the starcraft 2 forums. i dont think i can make a new battlenet account and just attach my sc2 copy to it

the trailer looks sick i didnt think they could out do the first trailer cuz that was balling but they did !

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Divineknight13 View Post
    the trailer looks sick i didnt think they could out do the first trailer cuz that was balling but they did !
    Hoooooly shit a Gir-pickachu avatar...just when I thought i'd seen it all.

Ot: looking very much forward to this, even though I really dont like the multiplayer, i really did like the single-player

10+ Year Old Account
    Blizzard is puting in a lot of effort to make people play more multiplayer in hots, there are even maps entirely designed to help you practice build orders and general ladder meta-game.
    Because what they are atm are plait tugging, sniffing, glaring, prissy, clothes obsessed bitches who I would quite cheerfully drown.
    I often post from my mobile device, typos in my posts are 99% likely to be because of that.

Quote Originally Posted by Wasselina View Post
    Blizzard is puting in a lot of effort to make people play more multiplayer in hots, there are even maps entirely designed to help you practice build orders and general ladder meta-game.
    I like this fact. I recently got 2 irl friends playing the game (one hadn't played it for 2 years and the other had never even seen Starcraft before) and teaching them the basics and showing them how to learn the multiplayer side has taken some serious doing. A lot of the methods used in the game just aren't intuitive unless you've watched a lot of videos and practised a lot, or already played the first game a lot.

The Wings of Liberty campaign's only major issue for me was that it just taught a lot of micro. Lots and lots of micro. Then when a mission required you to do serious base buildings, you were generally at a loss and left to your own devices, with no concept of how it should go. I found that after I showed my friends the ropes and they went back to the campaign again, they absolutely destroyed the majority of Hard mode missions first try, just because their macro was better.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Shinzai View Post
    I like this fact. I recently got 2 irl friends playing the game (one hadn't played it for 2 years and the other had never even seen Starcraft before) and teaching them the basics and showing them how to learn the multiplayer side has taken some serious doing. A lot of the methods used in the game just aren't intuitive unless you've watched a lot of videos and practised a lot, or already played the first game a lot.

The Wings of Liberty campaign's only major issue for me was that it just taught a lot of micro. Lots and lots of micro. Then when a mission required you to do serious base buildings, you were generally at a loss and left to your own devices, with no concept of how it should go. I found that after I showed my friends the ropes and they went back to the campaign again, they absolutely destroyed the majority of Hard mode missions first try, just because their macro was better.
    Mhm this is very true. I believe SC2 has one of the steepest learning curves in the market of popular online games today. Just being able to get out of bronze league takes an enormous effort if you never played the game before.

---------- Post added 2013-01-25 at 01:28 PM ----------

Oh I might add, Global play for WoL is now live aswell:

http://www.teamliquid.net/forum/view...opic_id=395154

10+ Year Old Account
    Oh man I'm so excited. The mac bug has finally been fixed for the beta, can finally play after a month and a half of no play (x

http://us.battle.net/sc2/en/blog/852...ling-1_25_2013

In short, you'll get a Feat of Strength and bonus portraits in live HotS if you level all three races to 30 on the beta.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nerraw View Post

In short, you'll get a Feat of Strength and bonus portraits in live HotS if you level all three races to 30 on the beta.
    Seems fun. I'm starting to play the beta as of tomorrow, been doing WoL up till now.

Deleted
    Feedbackula : To The Heart of the Swarm!

gamespot·
    Published on Jan 25, 2013

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lECMloUCM50

Johnny gets in touch with his inner zergling to see what you've been saying now the StarCraft II Heart of the Swarm cinematic has been released.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Nerraw View Post

Its still possible to exploit it? So play against the CPU on easy and build like 500 CCs...??!