1. #1281
    Bloodsail Admiral Wass's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Back in Sweden
    Posts
    1,022
    You go ahead and fail. My reign as Terran is just about to begin!

    Also I need to watch the Life vs Flash vods.
    My SC2 stream, bitchz, love goes to Elyaan the Weird and Fantastical Unicorn.
    All I would ever want and need is a hug.

  2. #1282
    Quote Originally Posted by Wass View Post
    You go ahead and fail. My reign as Terran is just about to begin!

    Also I need to watch the Life vs Flash vods.
    Those games were pretty awesome. All of the TvT games and all the games involving MC were amazing as well.

    Some of the Zerg players that were there need to sit down and look at all of Life's play. It was so simple, but effective and ended up giving him an edge against everyone he came up against, not to mention his usual, ridiculously good Zergling control.
    The Tower: To some, it symbolizes failure, ruin and catastrophe.
    To others, the Tower represents the paradigms constructed by the ego, the sum total of all schema that the mind constructs to understand the universe. The querent may be holding on to false ideas or pretenses; a new approach to thinking about the problem is needed. It may be time for the querent to re-examine belief structures, ideologies, and paradigms they hold to.

  3. #1283
    Quote Originally Posted by Shinzai View Post
    Those games were pretty awesome. All of the TvT games and all the games involving MC were amazing as well.

    Some of the Zerg players that were there need to sit down and look at all of Life's play. It was so simple, but effective and ended up giving him an edge against everyone he came up against, not to mention his usual, ridiculously good Zergling control.
    Are you kidding? It just looks simple when he does it. That guy has a brain in his head, in his hands and in his every fricking finger for that matter. Just the fact that it looks so simple and smooth while he plays is a testimony how actually GREAT he's playing.

    He managed to win with the race LEAST in favor in HoTS for the time being. AND he played the most amazing games in his life on MLG before this one ( WoL not HoTS ) where he ABSOLUTELY destroyed with his micro ( He boosts his macro [ building hatcheries, drones, queens, gas, etc. ] by outmicroing his opponent with his army positions and scouting power )

    I just want to say that, what he is doing is NOT easy, not even the slightest, he's just good at it that it looks so simple.

  4. #1284
    Brewmaster juzalol's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Finland
    Posts
    1,283
    Time for terrans to learn to deal with lingblingmuta again.

    It's kind of a shame how the new zerg units got barely used during the MLG. Terrans seem to love their mines
    and protoss their oracles. Swarm hosts just looked silly against mech :P

  5. #1285
    Moderator Millennía's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Northern Ireland
    Posts
    3,440
    How long does it go before the replays for the tournament are released? Really want to get into the game and look at some of them

  6. #1286
    Quote Originally Posted by juzalol View Post
    Time for terrans to learn to deal with lingblingmuta again.

    It's kind of a shame how the new zerg units got barely used during the MLG. Terrans seem to love their mines
    and protoss their oracles. Swarm hosts just looked silly against mech :P
    Tanks n turrets. Roll out with 200/200 of thors + tanks and 1 shot groups of mutas. That's pretty much what I expect will happen to me when I try it.

  7. #1287
    Quote Originally Posted by Luciank255 View Post
    Are you kidding? It just looks simple when he does it. That guy has a brain in his head, in his hands and in his every fricking finger for that matter. Just the fact that it looks so simple and smooth while he plays is a testimony how actually GREAT he's playing.

    He managed to win with the race LEAST in favor in HoTS for the time being. AND he played the most amazing games in his life on MLG before this one ( WoL not HoTS ) where he ABSOLUTELY destroyed with his micro ( He boosts his macro [ building hatcheries, drones, queens, gas, etc. ] by outmicroing his opponent with his army positions and scouting power )

    I just want to say that, what he is doing is NOT easy, not even the slightest, he's just good at it that it looks so simple.
    Zerg isn't the least favoured race by a long shot. Most of the pro Zerg players haven't adapted to the new meta game is all. Life took Ling Bling Muta, an old WoL staple and dominated with it. He used Vipers a few times and even had a couple of Infestors in a few times. When I say simple play - it was focused, he wasn't trying out all crazy strategies or anything he wasn't comfortable with. He just went with what he knew has countered Bio forever. Saying that it was a simple play doesn't insinuate that it was easy. That's two very different things. He also defended his mineral lines effectively, whether with static defences or queens and a few units held back, denying the so called 'OP' Medivac boosters any benefits - something that most Zerg players didn't even attempt, leaving themselves wide open to have their economies crushed.

    Most of the other Zerg players fell down because of a lack of static defences and a confused mid field play, which was more about stalling the Terran than trying to pressure him.
    Last edited by Shinzai; 2013-03-18 at 11:56 AM. Reason: Addendum
    The Tower: To some, it symbolizes failure, ruin and catastrophe.
    To others, the Tower represents the paradigms constructed by the ego, the sum total of all schema that the mind constructs to understand the universe. The querent may be holding on to false ideas or pretenses; a new approach to thinking about the problem is needed. It may be time for the querent to re-examine belief structures, ideologies, and paradigms they hold to.

  8. #1288
    Brewmaster juzalol's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Finland
    Posts
    1,283
    Quote Originally Posted by Shinzai View Post
    Zerg isn't the least favoured race by a long shot. Most of the pro Zerg players haven't adapted to the new meta game is all. Life took Ling Bling Muta, an old WoL staple and dominated with it. He used Vipers a few times and even had a couple of Infestors in a few times. When I say simple play - it was focused, he wasn't trying out all crazy strategies or anything he wasn't comfortable with. He just went with what he knew has countered Bio forever. Saying that it was a simple play doesn't insinuate that it was easy. That's two very different things. He defended his mineral lines effectively, denying the so called 'OP' Medivac boosters any benefits.

    Most of the other Zerg players fell down because of a lack of static defences and a confused mid field play, which was more about stalling the Terran than trying to pressure him.
    Life just went back to 2011 and Terrans expect to see a infestor turtling zergs and got rolled over my Life because of it.
    The answers to MutaLingBling are already there. Now terrans will go back to 2011 and MutaLingBling will fade away once
    more.

    And considering how ling heavy Life was, I don't understand why no one bothered to mix like 6 Hellbats to their army.

  9. #1289
    Quote Originally Posted by fiif View Post
    Are people still complaining about using spoiler tags? Look what ever your logic is , we don't care anymore then, You are in the minority so deal with it and use them. I'm not even going to argue it takes 5 seconds to use them. This is a megathead, people who are brand new may come here to get an idea of the game and see if they will like it or not, they should not have the ending shoved in their face.
    Sounds like someone took a dump on your freshly cut lawn.
    You may remember me from such threads as!
    http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...18#post8213418

  10. #1290
    And considering how ling heavy Life was, I don't understand why no one bothered to mix like 6 Hellbats to their army.
    Because builds are still being tested and improved upon, remember early WoL when armies consisted just of few types of units. Also, overlord spread of most zerg players was really bad, terrans used heavy drop play at this tournament, and no one bothered to spot and intercept them before they dropped. Zerg can't just turtle in the mid anymore and wait for infestor/broodlord, you need static defenses (which aren't so static in the case of Zerg^^).

  11. #1291
    Quote Originally Posted by juzalol View Post
    Life just went back to 2011 and Terrans expect to see a infestor turtling zergs and got rolled over my Life because of it.
    The answers to MutaLingBling are already there. Now terrans will go back to 2011 and MutaLingBling will fade away once
    more.

    And considering how ling heavy Life was, I don't understand why no one bothered to mix like 6 Hellbats to their army.
    Problem with Hellbats is they can't keep up with Life's Ling micro and they do nothing to Banelings. As to going Thor/Tank later on, Vipers can hard counter it. Which means that Thors can't take the front of the field and Siege tanks have to be persistently moved out of siege mode.
    The Tower: To some, it symbolizes failure, ruin and catastrophe.
    To others, the Tower represents the paradigms constructed by the ego, the sum total of all schema that the mind constructs to understand the universe. The querent may be holding on to false ideas or pretenses; a new approach to thinking about the problem is needed. It may be time for the querent to re-examine belief structures, ideologies, and paradigms they hold to.

  12. #1292
    Life's micro vs mines was unreal....

  13. #1293
    I liked the game overall, but it had it's issues.

    I felt underwhelmed somehow while playing HotS. The campaign missions were so streamlined this time around, that you practically bursted through most of them in less than 30mins, making it feel much, much shorter than WoL. I also missed that "big surprise", the story was a bit too predictable for my taste.

    Otherwise great campaign, but same feeling as I had with D3, too short.
    Last edited by Draenox; 2013-03-18 at 04:56 PM.
    Armory
    All who believe in telekinesis, raise my hand
    Quote Originally Posted by Teerack View Post
    Zeratul has always just been the batman of outerspace.

  14. #1294
    The campaign was made shorter due to some people whining WOL was too long. I would have easily enjoyed another 10missions added onto that.

  15. #1295
    Epic! barackopala's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    Chile, Viña del Mar
    Posts
    1,605
    Quote Originally Posted by Draenox View Post
    I liked the game overall, but it had it's issues.

    I felt underwhelmed somehow while doing HotS. The campaign missions were so streamlined this time around, that you practically bursted through most of them in less than 30mins, making it feel much, much shorter than WoL. I also missed that "big surprise", the story was a bit too predictable for my taste.

    Otherwise great campaign, but same feeling as I had with D3, too short.
    I enjoyed the HotS campaign 10 times more than WoL, most of WoL ones felt like a bland experience with not much action, disliked the "defend the base for x minutes" (same with SC1 terran mission 3, was just macrodefense gg), it is indeed easier and that may be because the evolution/upgrade options were just too powerful.

  16. #1296
    Mechagnome
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    Sweden
    Posts
    508
    I liked the campaign I finished it on brutal in 10ish hours with no major problems had to load check point once or twice max on the hardest levels but I found the mastery achievements today and daamm some of those achievements are really fun and force you to rush and think different to complete them. even if most of them are just Do X before Y time its still a ton of fun

  17. #1297
    Quote Originally Posted by barackopala View Post
    I enjoyed the HotS campaign 10 times more than WoL, most of WoL ones felt like a bland experience with not much action, disliked the "defend the base for x minutes" (same with SC1 terran mission 3, was just macrodefense gg), it is indeed easier and that may be because the evolution/upgrade options were just too powerful.
    Kerrigan is also a huge part of why it felt easy, she is so ridiculously overpowered both alone and when with an army. That enrage that increases health and attack speed is the stupidest spell they have implemented. Zerglings with 235 hp instead of 35, and 100% increased attack speed, or Ultralisks with lifesteal and the same buff; it's so imbalanced. I guess you could play without those abilities, but Kerrigan overall is a far too overpowered hero unit
    Armory
    All who believe in telekinesis, raise my hand
    Quote Originally Posted by Teerack View Post
    Zeratul has always just been the batman of outerspace.

  18. #1298
    The Patient Zehir's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    301
    Have not had a chance to play it myself but I watched Jesse Cox's play through it looks like a lot of the missions are just the old WoL Missions done in a different way. For example that one with the terrazine where you had to get seven and stop the Tal'darim from closing seven looks like the one where you need to get food for Zurvan and stop the Primal Zerg from killing the animals

  19. #1299
    Herald of the Titans Beazy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Dallas, TX
    Posts
    2,564
    Finished the camp last night. Rly liked it. Did feel about 5 hours shorter than WoL, but thats ok.

    Yes, Kerrigan is too damn strong. Some missions, I screwed up royally, but was able to finish on top ~ simply because she has that AoE Heal.

  20. #1300
    Quote Originally Posted by Zehir View Post
    Have not had a chance to play it myself but I watched Jesse Cox's play through it looks like a lot of the missions are just the old WoL Missions done in a different way. For example that one with the terrazine where you had to get seven and stop the Tal'darim from closing seven looks like the one where you need to get food for Zurvan and stop the Primal Zerg from killing the animals
    you can let the primal zerg kill all the animals just don't let them destroy the meat. I let them kill like half the animals for me and then just picked up the meat after.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •