Quote Originally Posted by Charge me Doctor View Post
    Lost another game. It's so frustrating, i'm even got so paranoid that when game looks like this:

I imagine it like this:

Why am i, middle gold player, started to get players from plat/diamond with more than 3k games on their account? When i see gold border around someones portrait i feel so happy
    This made me laugh xD

Like people have said before, just scout with a ling or two if you're worried he has the map. Everytime you make an overlord, just send it to a base and poop creep on it, that way you know for sure what bases he has. Also the new overlord speed is amazing, get it after ling speed if you want to be a little more safe.

I'll be in touch with you later Zait. Quite a few busy days for me now, should be better as of thursday.
    My SC2 stream, bitchz, love goes to Elyaan the Weird and Fantastical Unicorn.
    All I would ever want and need is a hug.

TeamLiquid Replaypack of the Week. Recommended download for all Zerg players - Snute showing how it's done.

Is it just me, or is it now impossible to play custom matches on Starcraft 2 anymore? The recent changes to Battlenet seem to force you to use their online-only features, which won't let you alter any of the options (not even difficulty or opponant race, let alone map).

WHO THOUGHT THIS WAS A GOOD IDEA? I just want to go on, relearn all the units, hotkeys, build timings, etc. But NO! I'm not allowed to all of a sudden?

The fact it even has the balls to tease me with a host button that it greys out pisses me off. Like its telling me its possible, but I'm not allowed to - and no reasons are given. Seriously, I have to use RANDOM matchmaking to play a quick practice match? REALLY?

...sigh. Why am I being treated like an idiot? They didn't force this shit on you previous to this expansion.

Edit: Also, SC2 is now devouring my system memory like no tomorrow. Wings of Liberty didn't do this, since they optimised it quite well. But now, judder judder judder even on low graphical settings. Jee, great, paying for worse performance sure is fun.

Quote Originally Posted by Durandro View Post
    Edit: Also, SC2 is now devouring my system memory like no tomorrow. Wings of Liberty didn't do this, since they optimised it quite well. But now, judder judder judder even on low graphical settings. Jee, great, paying for worse performance sure is fun.

Cause it can't be something on your system right?

Got v-sync enabled? I run at a smooth 60 fps with no problems.

Quote Originally Posted by Durandro View Post
    Is it just me, or is it now impossible to play custom matches on Starcraft 2 anymore? The recent changes to Battlenet seem to force you to use their online-only features, which won't let you alter any of the options (not even difficulty or opponant race, let alone map).

WHO THOUGHT THIS WAS A GOOD IDEA? I just want to go on, relearn all the units, hotkeys, build timings, etc. But NO! I'm not allowed to all of a sudden?

The fact it even has the balls to tease me with a host button that it greys out pisses me off. Like its telling me its possible, but I'm not allowed to - and no reasons are given. Seriously, I have to use RANDOM matchmaking to play a quick practice match? REALLY?

...sigh. Why am I being treated like an idiot? They didn't force this shit on you previous to this expansion.

I'm not even remotely sure as to what you're talking about.

Quote Originally Posted by Shinzai View Post
    I'm not even remotely sure as to what you're talking about.

Stop that. Your making to hard to blame anyone but himself.

As you know, people can never be wrong, it's always someone else's fault.

Quote Originally Posted by Baar View Post
    Stop that. Your making to hard to blame anyone but himself.

As you know, people can never be wrong, it's always someone else's fault.

On a serious note I can help you with the ingame user panel if you want Durandro. About your technical problems... I would MAYBE be able to solve them given some time, but it's not something I can be too bothered with atm sorry Check with google, friends of yours and their tech forums. If you put a bit of effort into it I'm sure you'll solve it easily.

is there any site that tracks ur hidden mmr? i got to 4v4 plat today went on a 8 game win streak, sadly lost two after but i felt like i was close to diamond
    i live by one motto! "lolwut?"

Brewmaster
    Anyone watching GSL good games so far, and Skytoss!!!

Ah yeah I saw the Creator vs Crazy game 2 before I had to run to the uni...

Haha, made me smile. So much zerg blood all over the floor. Skytoss very strong.

The team ranking system is special

In WOL I was not a good player. Bronze first time I played, quit, come back as bronze, ranked up to top silver and was playing high golds and low plats constantly. Quit again. This was all in 1v1. Come back for HOTs and I'm Gold as expected with the shift of leagues, and if I have a go at it I'd probably get highish up in my gold league.

However, in WoL despite being mid bronze I was put in plat 2v2 and by some miracle made it to the top 25. Now I'm only in gold for 2v2 now but my 3v3 (I somehow won all 5 placements) has put me in Diamond. I never thought I'd even see the diamond logo pop up on my screen. Pretty funny really, made me smile a bit.

I'm really not a good player now either but I know build orders and my tech switches are good and some of my reads are decent, however I still have no idea what the fuck a "timing attack" is or a timing push or a timing build, those 3 seem to be used interchangeably... Yet the game thinks my 3v3 is diamond. Now I know everyone doing 3v3 is doing it for lols the same as me, especially random groups rather than a pre determined one, but the game categorising me with that... yeah... funny

Blizzard made a ha ha!

^ u know... i just got my 4v4 diamond after years of trying ive even won all 5 placements before lol, ive hardly ever watched pro matches or read up on strats so i guess thats a factor, learning from playing is fun, on to my attempts at master
    i live by one motto! "lolwut?"

I get so pissed off at 2v2 I can't even imagine 3v3 or 4v4. Just cheese every single game. Even if I cheese they have something worse like double 2gate2rax proxy.

Quote Originally Posted by Kakazam View Post
    I get so pissed off at 2v2 I can't even imagine 3v3 or 4v4. Just cheese every single game. Even if I cheese they have something worse like double 2gate2rax proxy.
    Is this an accurate representation of your experience?

[email protected] | GeForce GTX 760 | 8GB DDR3-1600MHz | Samsung 840 120GB SSD | 1+2TB HDD | Gigabyte Z68XP-UD3 | Corsair CX V2 500W | NZXT Phantom | 2x 24" 1920x1080 | Qpad MK-80 MX Blue | Logitech G600

Quote Originally Posted by Platinus View Post
    Is this an accurate representation of your experience?
    *spits Dr Pepper all over screen* BWAHAHAHAHA

Thank you for that. Now if you'll excuse me, I need to clean 23 flavors off of my monitor.
    ~Former Priest/Guild Wars 2 Moderator~
    Now TESTING: ArcheAge (Alpha)
    Now PLAYING: MonoRed Burn (MtG Standard)
    Twitter: @KelestiMMO come say hi!
    ~When you speak, I hear silence. Every word a defiance~

I wish I could +1 on this forum
    Meh.

Oh yay, 2v2. That seems like a fun idea.

Hahaha pretty much!

The 2v2 I've done isn't too bad It's such a change from 1v1 which I got used to though because in that it's all about fast expanding and macro but I did that once I joined 2's and got absolutely stomped. Then changed to a 4 gate (no proxy gates) and used a forward pylon, transitioned into Robo. Seems the initial rush is the way to win and you can't macro til after that.

3's and 4's is the same, it's all about that initial push and learning when to stop that if it doesn't work. The major downside to 4's rather than 3's is those maps where you have 4 fortresses and the other one might be ready to push, you're ready to push but the ally in your base has walled off completely and won't lower supply depots and doesn't speak english.... wasted about 20seconds yesterday before I got bored and proceeded to kill half his wall myself rather than the 1 building I needed to get by.

Whether a 4 gate is a cheese or not I can't quite decide because it's so common in PvP, against other races I'd see it as a cheese but.... hmm, outside of that I've not seen a single cheese in my team games Apart from a cannon rush that was terrible. I see more cheese in 1v1.

The higher the number of people get, the less it's about macro and the more about rushes - or that's my observations.
    Last edited by MerinPally; 2013-04-05 at 11:05 AM.