Deleted
    wtf, apparently CatZ lost in the WCS qualifiers against a maphacker yesterday, thats just disgusting, GG MLG and Blizzard

https://twitter.com/ROOTCatZ/status/325761656728743940

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Kakazam View Post
    Yeah, I found it really strange he went for a fast third twice though (20 odd supply), normally if someone is on one base I would expect an early attack.
    If you scout a really early 3rd, you can probably just go roach rush all in and win, or go for a 3rd yourself and try and outmacro him just making a couple defensive spines and banes trying to get faster mutas than him.

wtf, apparently CatZ lost in the WCS qualifiers against a maphacker yesterday, thats just disgusting, GG MLG and Blizzard
    Yeah that kinda sucked. Though there's no definitive proof he hacked, the fact that he's been banned from tournaments and dropped by his own team for account levelling and hacking should be enough to stop him entering tournaments.

As much as i love Catz though i don't think he'd have made it past the next round. His play was really off yesterday and it seemed as if the ROOT fundraising and keeping on top of all that was weighing more heavily on him than he needed to be able to perform.

10+ Year Old Account
    Wow that really sucks for CatZ. I would be mad.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dyra View Post
    Because what they are atm are plait tugging, sniffing, glaring, prissy, clothes obsessed bitches who I would quite cheerfully drown.
    I often post from my mobile device, typos in my posts are 99% likely to be because of that.
    All I would ever want and need is a hug.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Jess Day View Post
    If you scout a really early 3rd, you can probably just go roach rush all in and win, or go for a 3rd yourself and try and outmacro him just making a couple defensive spines and banes trying to get faster mutas than him.

Yeah that kinda sucked. Though there's no definitive proof he hacked, the fact that he's been banned from tournaments and dropped by his own team for account levelling and hacking should be enough to stop him entering tournaments.

As much as i love Catz though i don't think he'd have made it past the next round. His play was really off yesterday and it seemed as if the ROOT fundraising and keeping on top of all that was weighing more heavily on him than he needed to be able to perform.
    True, he probably wouldnt get past the next round but still, just the fact that hackers can play in the wcs qualifiers is just disgusting

10+ Year Old Account
    Yeah, pretty irrelevent whether he would have passed the next round or not, the fact he is out prematurely due to cheats is enough to warrant an investigation and then countermeasures.
    http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte...nicus/advanced
    Quote Originally Posted by goblinpaladin View Post
    Also a vegetable is a person.
    Quote Originally Posted by Orlong View Post
    I dont care if they [gays] are allowed to donate [blood], but I think we should have an option to refuse gay blood if we need to receive blood.

10+ Year Old Account
    Been watching as much as I could while baking cakes. Incontrol - Drunkenboi 1-1 atm, gonna be interesting to see who takes the win.
    Because what they are atm are plait tugging, sniffing, glaring, prissy, clothes obsessed bitches who I would quite cheerfully drown.
    I often post from my mobile device, typos in my posts are 99% likely to be because of that.

Deleted
    Any word on a major patches being released?

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm gonna be upset if they nerf back medivacs to their WoL state

I know nada of any major patch though.

Guys im trying to improve with one specifict build but im kinda in trouble atm.

The build im trying to mimic is the 13 gas reaper fast expand(FilterSC) but for example against this protoss player who rushes stalkers.. What am i suppose to do?

What am i doing wrong? Think im hitting the timings allright, maybe im wrong, maybe im just plain bad But any help I would appreciate.

The replay is here(im not allowede to post links so)

drop.sc/326142

The build im trying to do is:

10 sup
    12 rax
    13 gas (1)
    16 orbital
    17 marine (instead of reaper atm im not skillfull enough to use the scouting with the reaper)
    18 CC first then sup
    marine
    21 fac
    23 two rax's
    24 tech
    24 gas (2)
    25 starport
    reactor on fact
    stim when 100 gas
    gas (3)

1) What should i do diffenrent against these fast assaults?
    2) What should i do against the probe he sends in at the start of the match?
    3) anything you see I do wrong please point out, im really nervous about this ladder thing.

This was btw my first placement match and he was bronze player. Got 4 left to shine in

Cheers.

sry for bad gramma (:

Deleted
    The hacker that knocked Catz out has been disqualified. Not that it makes a difference now though. Damage has been done.

Guys im trying to improve with one specifict build but im kinda in trouble atm.

The build im trying to mimic is the 13 gas reaper fast expand(FilterSC) but for example against this protoss player who rushes stalkers.. What am i suppose to do?

What am i doing wrong? Think im hitting the timings allright, maybe im wrong, maybe im just plain bad But any help I would appreciate.

The replay is here(im not allowede to post links so insert ht tp)

drop.sc/

The build im trying to do is:

10 sup
    12 rax
    13 gas (1)
    16 orbital
    17 marine (instead of reaper atm im not skillfull enough to use the scouting with the reaper)
    18 CC first then sup
    marine
    21 fac
    23 two rax's
    24 tech
    24 gas (2)
    25 starport
    reactor on fact
    stim when 100 gas
    gas (3)

1) What should i do diffenrent against these fast assaults?
    2) What should i do against the probe he sends in at the start of the match?
    3) anything you see I do wrong please point out, im really nervous about this ladder thing.

This was btw my first placement match and he was bronze player. Got 4 left to shine in

Cheers.

sry for bad gramma (:

10+ Year Old Account
    What was the name of that hacker?

Deleted
    PhysicsLee. Apparently he was having the account played by someone else, who had a production tab hack on. So he didn't have map vision because it's obvious when you're looking around the map on replays, it just looked like he was getting really lucky countering unit comp.

Deleted
    Apparently he was beaten 2-0 by Miya (turns out, when playing a player 50 times better than you in every way, hacks dont help) then DQ'd before facing HwangSin according to Liquipedia, hurray.

10+ Year Old Account
    I think David Kim said that they wouldn't be making a major balance change until after the next major tournament. Replace Tournament with MLG possibly.
    http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte...nicus/advanced
    Quote Originally Posted by goblinpaladin View Post
    Also a vegetable is a person.
    Quote Originally Posted by Orlong View Post
    I dont care if they [gays] are allowed to donate [blood], but I think we should have an option to refuse gay blood if we need to receive blood.

Deleted
    Are they even doing other MLGs now the WCS is happening? I tried to find the MLG schedule for the year and couldn't find anything.

Deleted
    Hopefully after watching the WCS they release something then, Zerg seem to just be getting stomped all over.

Does anyone know how you get promoted from gold to platinum? I seen that table where if you have over 700 points then you are almost guaranteed a place next season but I was wondering how you would do it before the season ends? Me and a mate have went 12-4 in the past few days 2v2 and are now 50 odd points clear at number 1 in gold from being mid table :/
    Last edited by mmoc6d00db7716; 2013-04-22 at 12:36 AM.

Deleted
    Just gotta keep playing and it'll promote you after a game. You're not guaranteed to be placed in Platinum next season from being rank 1 gold.

And zerg getting stomped isn't really a Zerg being underpowered thing. Few things could do with tweaks perhaps but it's nothing dire. It's just the foreigner zergs you're seeing just aren't as good as the foreigner toss players. The good Zergs already got seeded into the championship so they don't need to qualify.

And that's not be calling all zergs bad, i play zerg myself. I just don't think zerg foreigners on the most part have found the best way to play right now. Life in GSL are getting by with silly ling micro but it isn't a longterm solution. And that level of micro just doesn't lend itself to foreigner playstyle. You can say "oh well terrans have had to micro intensively for ages zerg just have to learn". Yeah ok, but the style of micro is totally different. The terran micro intensive playstyle fits the race as most of the units are ranged, it just doesnt lend itself to Zerg at all with them being extremely fast and therefore hard to control effectively.

Something will no doubt be discovered, but i expect infestors will see a bit tweaked in the meantime. The nerf was probably overly hard on them as infested terrans are practically useless right now, and fungal requires your opponent to be asleep. And i'm not saying that because i can't aim the fungals, there's just an inherent problem with infestors being slow, and the fungal being a projectile, which makes it impossible to land against a decent player. You can only really manage it if the infestors are at a high ground advantage and cant be seen, but there's really not any maps where that's properly doable now. You can't just pop out of the ground close and fungal either due to the delay in unburrowing and the projectile being cast, as you'll have your infestors decimated before the fungals get off.

I think personally if infestors were a much faster unit we'd see a lot more use of them.
    Last edited by mmoc71776687c4; 2013-04-22 at 01:15 AM.

Deleted
    Nah I know but Blizz posted a table a few seasons ago explaining if you have over x points then you will most likely get promoted.

Yeah, in all honestly zerg seem to be more micro intensive to me, with Terran and 'Toss it's possible to just amass a giant deathball and a-move where zerg are having to run lings behind units to block unit plus use things like blinding cloud, abduct and to a lesser degree now fungal in order to be efficiently useful late game. 'Toss literally can just walk across a map killing everything in their path or pressing E in the case of Skytoss and Terran only to press stim/payload. True, Zerg shouldn't let them get to that stage but right now just watching WCS things like reaper/hellion into hellbat/widow mines drops are completely shutting down Zerg. Sure it could be that the foreign Zerg players haven't worked out a good play style but unless Cham wins (not sure if he is already out) then not a single Zerg will qualify that wasn't invited. Surely that says something about the race and not every Zerg player as a collective.
    Last edited by mmoc6d00db7716; 2013-04-22 at 01:55 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Jess Day View Post
    The hacker that knocked Catz out has been disqualified. Not that it makes a difference now though. Damage has been done.
    I really hate seeing this happen to Catz. He's my favorite pro and I enjoy watching his stream for entertainment.
    Quote Originally Posted by Shinoashi View Post
    He doesn't need a source to know that he pretty much hit the nail on the head.
    “What can be asserted without proof can be dismissed without proof.” - Christopher Hitchens