Page 1 of 332
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account

[Megathread] StarCraft 2

Title says it all.
    This is a place for any and all things StarCraft, whether it is about your thoughts on current balance issues, new maps, glitches etc.

This thread was suggested by Lysah
    Quote Originally Posted by Lysah View Post
    Instead of talking about making a subforum, you could start a thread about actual SC2 discussion to prove to us that it actually has enough popularity.
    So if someday the MODs see that this thread has gotten enough posts then maybe SC2 can be a subforum.

ALSO, there is going to be another Tournament that will be starting on the 21st, which is just for fun. Whether your a rank 100 bronze or a rank 1 GrandMasters it will be fun! Sign up here: http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...ight=starcraft
    Really dosn't matter if you think your not that great at the game, just come on out and have a blast!
    Quote Originally Posted by Boubouille View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Dirty Wounds View Post
    Myself, yes, I have always wanted to be a mod
    Probably not, the job sucks.

Not sure what to say about balancing but... I'm a zerg and i'm sad. T-T

Infestor nerf in 1.4 makes me a sad Zerg.

http://i.imgur.com/t1K3p.jpg Link totally related.

10+ Year Old Account
    Yup... I agree, I play Zerg as well and I feel like if they think Infesters need a nerf then High Templar should get one too...

10+ Year Old Account
    Behind you, what I'm not? Then who's this person I'm behind?
    Would it be relevant to talk about custom games?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Army of Darkness View Post
    Would it be relevant to talk about custom games?
    Yea, for sure. Anything and everything.

Quote Originally Posted by allakaboom View Post
    Yup... I agree, I play Zerg as well and I feel like if they think Infesters need a nerf then High Templar should get one too...
    Really it is just early game that bugs me a lot, and also early scouting, it can be very difficult at times and well...ZvZ /wrists.

Pffff, if anyone should be sad, it's the sad zealot!

Just look at the GSL
    "Put your hand on a hot stove for a minute, and it seems like an hour. Sit with a pretty girl for an hour, and it seems like a minute. THAT'S relativity."

Quote Originally Posted by Fearme View Post
    Pffff, if anyone should be sad, it's the sad zealot!

Just look at the GSL
    It's ok little Zealot, somebody will love you.

Quote Originally Posted by allakaboom View Post
    High Templars don't restrict movement WHILE dealing significant damage, plus without the Khadariyan Amulet (+25 initial energy) HTs arn't ready to Storm as soon as they are warped in like Infestors.

Exactly how would you nerf the HT? Reduce Storm and turn PvT into an even more imbalanced MU? Nerf Infested Terrans and EMP, then it will be fine to nerf the HT.

Good luck.

Biggest reason I don't like SC2: They won't let me change from US to EU accounts. They did this with WoW and they're probably going to do it to D3 too...sigh...really splits the NotD community in half.

Also, infestors <3
    One unit that can beat pretty much anything in the game, as long as it doesn't get caught first >_>
    Nothing quite like destroying a 200 pop army of BCs by just dumping a bunch of energy into an army of infested marines.
    Nothing quite like losing a 200 pop army of infestors because you looked away from TWO SECONDS and they got shredded by a few thermal lances on their way to a fight. Disclaimer: I mostly play team games, I realize this scenario probably never should happen in a 1v1.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lysah View Post
    Good luck.

Also, infestors <3
    One unit that can beat pretty much anything in the game, as long as it doesn't get caught first >_>
    Nothing quite like destroying a 200 pop army of BCs by just dumping a bunch of energy into an army of infested marines.
    Nothing quite like losing a 200 pop army of infestors because you looked away from TWO SECONDS and they got shredded by a few thermal lances on their way to a fight. Disclaimer: I mostly play team games, I realize this scenario probably never should happen in a 1v1.
    Yeah, I gen notice the "Nothing quite like losing a 200 pop army of infestors because you looked away from TWO SECONDS and they got shredded by a few thermal lances on their way to a fight." a little too often... :P

Quote Originally Posted by Anthoren View Post
    It's ok little Zealot, somebody will love you.
    Lets hope the one remaining protoss will do well... Something I seriously doubt lol

Did you guys see the new terran unit silhouette thing for Heart of the Swarm?
    "Put your hand on a hot stove for a minute, and it seems like an hour. Sit with a pretty girl for an hour, and it seems like a minute. THAT'S relativity."

Lets hope the one remaining protoss will do well... Something I seriously doubt lol

I bet it's a perma-MULE. Just for lulz.

Really though, here's hoping for a T2 or 1.5 infantry unit for them that doesn't synergize well with marines, giving them an excuse to nerf marine DPS. Also, one that preferably doesn't benefit from Stim.

10+ Year Old Account
    They better bring back Lurkers in heart of the swarm >:I

Deleted
    65second barracks, makes me sad panda...

Deleted

Re-imagined Goliath, trained from the Barracks with Tech Lab addon, benefits from Stim, shoots air and ground - You'll never need to build anything else!

Deleted
    < Zerg

For the swarm!
    Infestors nerf makes me a sad panda..
    Oh well, atleast they didn't touch my roaches..or my banelings

Does anyone but me think that Hydras need a small buff? And Ultralisks aswell, Ultra seems like the worst T3 atm..

Quote Originally Posted by Ookami-San View Post
    < Zerg

For the swarm!
    Infestors nerf makes me a sad panda..
    Oh well, atleast they didn't touch my roaches..or my banelings

Does anyone but me think that Hydras need a small buff? And Ultralisks aswell, Ultra seems like the worst T3 atm..
    Yes to both of those. They're my favorite Zerg units, and yet they're the worst right now.... Hydras could use some more survivability, and Ultras need something to make them not giant retarded (but endearing) elephants when they try to move around.

Did anyone else see this tease to a new multiplayer unit in Heart of the Swarm. http://uk.pc.ign.com/articles/119/1198315p1.html

Could be some kind of firebat hybrid. Might be interesting.