10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by noteworthynerd View Post
    I think it's pretty much universally accepted in the SC2 community that Infestors need changed/nerfed in some way.

A dev (I believe it is Dustin Browder himself) spoke about them a few days ago:
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    I want to be as clear as I can on our current position of the Infestor in Wings of Liberty.

- We are not going to make any changes before BWC.
    - We are going to continue to watch games and gather data.
    - We will discuss changes.
    - We may try a balance map sometime after BWC.
    - We may try some changes in Swarm Beta, using that as a test-bed for stuff we could bring back into Wings of Liberty.

At this time I could see these as possible outcomes:
    - We nerf Infested Terrans, Fungal Growth or both.
    - We make a change to the Infestor (hit points, movement speed, etc.).
    - We do a change to how the unit is designed (add a projectile back to Fungal Growth, increase the visibility of burrowed units while they are moving, etc.).
    - We buff some of the potential counters (EMP, Feedback).
    - We do a combination of any of the above.
    - We see something that makes us decide that doing nothing is the right answer. Obviously if this occurs we would share this data or reasoning.

For those of you who believe that this is too slow a response, I am sorry.
    I always like Mutas more, so idc about infestors haha

What is BWC...?
    "English doesn't so much borrow words from other languages as follows them into a dark alley, hits them over the head and goes through their pockets for loose vocabulary."

Quote Originally Posted by Migey View Post
    What is BWC...?
    Battle.net World Championship. It took place in Shanghai this weekend featuring SC2 and WoW.

guys say i have 3 hatcheries and some how 3 overlords get in my keybind of the 3 hatcheries how do i get them out? had 6 minerals and couldnt make any units cuz im so used to keybind i cant make units the old way so i just forfeit i was already down so bad

Quote Originally Posted by Tauren View Post
    guys say i have 3 hatcheries and some how 3 overlords get in my keybind of the 3 hatcheries how do i get them out? had 6 minerals and couldnt make any units cuz im so used to keybind i cant make units the old way so i just forfeit i was already down so bad
    I don't know if this is the fastest way, but what i would do is: Select the 3 hatcs manually and bind then again.

Quote Originally Posted by Tauren View Post
    Shift+Click the three Overlords to remove them from the group and then rebind the Hatcheries.

I'm kinda torn on HoTS. I enjoyed WoL quite a bit and still do actually but I'm not sure I want to give Blizzard more money. I was less than thrilled with D3 and Mists so I don't really want to give them the idea that I'm still supporting them as a company but I really want to play HoTS. In fact as much as I enjoyed WoL their are still things "wrong" with it that I don't see being addressed.

Quote Originally Posted by TonyIommi View Post
    I'm kinda torn on HoTS. I enjoyed WoL quite a bit and still do actually but I'm not sure I want to give Blizzard more money. I was less than thrilled with D3 and Mists so I don't really want to give them the idea that I'm still supporting them as a company but I really want to play HoTS. In fact as much as I enjoyed WoL their are still things "wrong" with it that I don't see being addressed.
    You supporting their Starcraft team does not really mean you are supporting their WoW or Diablo team. They are different teams.

Quote Originally Posted by Markluzz View Post
    You supporting their Starcraft team does not really mean you are supporting their WoW or Diablo team. They are different teams.
    Resources are fungible. Supporting Blizzard is supporting Blizzard. I don't see the distinction between teams as being all that important. It's something to keep in mind though. The biggest thing beyond supporting Blizzard is a question that's bugged me for awhile now. How come UMS hasn't taken off like it did in bw? How come ladder is the big deal this time around?

10+ Year Old Account
    Resources are fungible. Supporting Blizzard is supporting Blizzard. I don't see the distinction between teams as being all that important. It's something to keep in mind though. The biggest thing beyond supporting Blizzard is a question that's bugged me for awhile now. How come UMS hasn't taken off like it did in bw? How come ladder is the big deal this time around?
    You buying HotS won't make Blizzard think WoW and D3 are being supported, they will see sales go to the Sc2 team and only that.

Shift+Click the three Overlords to remove them from the group and then rebind the Hatcheries.
    yea thanks for the help note and black but my friend told me just to use ctrl instead of shift and that did it fine. u cant atually remove the overlords from the keybind the only way was to press ctrl 4 on all my hatcheries again. i usually do shift 4 becasue that combo is easier

anyways do people have a different keybind for each of the units they are using? so say my army is zerglings, bannelings, and infestors. would i want to bind all of those to different keybinds? it seems like it would be crazy hard to do this because of all the other things like hatchery, queens for larva injects plus ur main army its gonna be messy. like to many buttons to press that feel out of place. pressing 1 and 2 or aynything past 5 feels wrong

Deleted
    as the game was only 20 bucks I bought it...but I am by far the biggest noob in strategic games xD

Could anyone give some all around help, some short points? I lost on these 8 fation map against very easy bots, I am disappointed and still have lots of fun xD

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Skorpionss View Post
    Damn, dunno where u got it from but I payed 60€ for mine .... and regular not deluxe/collector's
    It was 38€ at Amazon.de at Release...

---------- Post added 2012-11-24 at 08:25 PM ----------

Dreamhack Finals coming up soon

http://www.teamliquid.net/video/streams/dreamhacksc2

Liquid'Taeja vs Liquid'Hero/XMG.Monchi

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by JajaBongs View Post
    as the game was only 20 bucks I bought it...but I am by far the biggest noob in strategic games xD

Could anyone give some all around help, some short points? I lost on these 8 fation map against very easy bots, I am disappointed and still have lots of fun xD
    Im thinking about buying it too since it's so cheap. I've never really played any strategy games and am not exactly drawn to them but I do like Diablo 3 and loved WoW so..

Anyway, does anyone know if you don't preorder the expansion to it and just buy the original, can you buy the normal version cheaper later. I think they only have some special edition for sale now for 40 eur and it sounds a little too high for an expansion.. besides, I never buy collectors editions anyway.

How come UMS hasn't taken off like it did in bw? How come ladder is the big deal this time around?
    Basically it's just about the UI, it's horrible for UMS compared to BW/WC3.
    Sucks, because there was so much hype for the map editor before it launched and it could have been so good.

Quote Originally Posted by Ighox View Post
    Basically it's just about the UI, it's horrible for UMS compared to BW/WC3.
    Sucks, because there was so much hype for the map editor before it launched and it could have been so good.
    SC2's editor is very powerful but it's freaking hard to use and complicate. Custom game UI also sucks but it will get better in HotS.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Skorpionss View Post
    Damn, dunno where u got it from but I payed 60€ for mine .... and regular not deluxe/collector's
    I got lucky on Ebay and payed 52€ for the CE , but i will go the safer route with Hots this time. Allready pre-ordered at Amazon.de :3
    Druid since Feb. 06

A couple of things...

First: EG/Team Liquid partnership to join the Proleague... A lot of people hate EG, but they're still one of my favorite teams, I'm excited to see what their players (especially their foreign players) can do under a Korean training regime.

Second: I found this TL post via Reddit, it is a semi-long read, but it raises a good point. That being said, I'm not sure I agree with his plea, which is essentially: Make Fungal Growth even stronger so that foreign Zergs can continue to beat Korean players of any race because that is what is best for eSports (foreigners beating Koreans). While that might be true, I personally would rather see the person with the most skill win. If foreigners want to beat Koreans, they should train just as hard and build up their skill.

Deleted
    Second: I found this TL post via Reddit, it is a semi-long read, but it raises a good point. That being said, I'm not sure I agree with his plea, which is essentially: Make Fungal Growth even stronger so that foreign Zergs can continue to beat Korean players of any race because that is what is best for eSports (foreigners beating Koreans). While that might be true, I personally would rather see the person with the most skill win. If foreigners want to beat Koreans, they should train just as hard and build up their skill.
    Dude, you are moderator. Given your location, you should also be an english native speaker. The TL post is pure sarcasm and that should have not been lost on you.

Still Blizzard's "balancing" of the last months has been a unmitigated disaster and people are rightfully up in arms after their latest moronic balance testing map. Seems they finally realized how pissed people are and Kim hastily posted a HotS balance announcement:
    http://eu.battle.net/sc2/en/forum/topic/5966979955

I thought it was sarcasm at first, but after I read it the second time I honestly thought the guy was being serious... And he's not wrong, per se, foreigners winning is probably better for eSports, but that shouldn't be the be all end all.

Also, not sure what me being a moderator has to do with anything... Sarcasm through text is not the easiest of things to detect.

Anyway, new WOL patch announced: http://us.battle.net/sc2/en/blog/8006134